HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hockey News thoughts on trades in the Eastern Conference...

Old
12-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Which is why if Lou wants to keep him, should get him signed long term before UFA hits. The market for UFA d-men is so overpriced right now it's ridiculous. Especially for a guy like Martin since he can handle the puck well and every year every around the trade dealine or start of UFA, all you hear is teams looking for that elusive "puck moving d-man". Biggest cliche in the league right now.
I wish it were as easy as that, but most guys want to test UFA to see their value on the open market and get the most money

If Martin were open to negotiating, I think Lou would go after it

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Harrison Ford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I agree $5.5M might be Lou's ceiling (maybe $6M), but I think it's likely some GM will throw a ZOMG! $6.5M or $7M salary Martin's way.
I would be very surprised if someone throws him 6.5+ because of what CD basically said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I don't think it'll happen. Martin doesn't produce enough points and he's coming off a season where he'll miss a considerable number of games.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
2) Martin is the shyest person I've ever met. There is close to no chance he wants to move. He can live his life in total anonymity here. Once he leaves the rink, he can do whatever he pleases without people bothering him much. This is one of the few 'winning' markets that offers that. Sure, people put up with a lot of crap from Camp Lou, but isn't that worth it in the end to live a normal life with your family?
Exactly. He's a hippie and a very chill person. I am going to try to go to as many phish concerts as I can because I know he will be at one of them

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote