HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Andrei Kostitsyn vs. Gilbert Brule

View Poll Results: Andrei Kostitsyn vs. Gilbert Brule
Andrei Kostitsyn 96 60.00%
Gilbert Brule 64 40.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2009, 06:39 PM
  #76
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
He has potential because he skips out on playing the first 20 games. If he'd play those first 20 games, he'd hit 40.
Yeah, and I could say the same thing about Robert Nilsson and being a 70 point player. Fact of the matter is, he does and thats a negitive against him.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:29 PM
  #77
Babycakes92689
Registered User
 
Babycakes92689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Sure i can elaborate for you.

Gilbert Brule hasnt been better than Andrei Kostitsyn.

Happy?
it's great having an intelligent conversation with someone about hockey, isn't it?

Babycakes92689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:32 AM
  #78
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Alright some good responses..

I hope you guys are right in saying that GB will match AK in his first three years, this being his first one, and don't act as if 20 goals will be enough. Otherwise...

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:53 AM
  #79
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
I can't believe some people are complaining about the potential argument in regards to Andrei while at the same time vote for Brule because he will be better in the future. Honestly, do some of you read your argumentation?


Andrei wins this poll.

26g 27a 53p in his first season
23g 18a 41p in his second season
11g 12a 23p in 36gp so far this season

He's on pace for another 50pt and 25+ goal season. It's going to be the third time he's going to crack the 20 goal mark as well as the 40 point mark. Brule has not done this yet.

As of right now Andrei is the better player career wise and in current play. Any arguments about the future beyond this season is quite ridiculous because if you claim that Brule can become a complete player in a few years than I can claim Andrei Kostitsyn will become an Elite offensive player in a few years based on his skills.

I'm not going to vote because I shouldn't have to, the answer of who's better is quite obvious.

Oh and Snowstorm, when you questioned Andrei's capabality to score 40g because he's never scored more than 26g at any level, you forgot to mention that he scored 26 g in 52 games. I love how you conviently left that statistic out.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
  #80
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I can't believe some people are complaining about the potential argument in regards to Andrei while at the same time vote for Brule because he will be better in the future. Honestly, do some of you read your argumentation?


Andrei wins this poll.

26g 27a 53p in his first season
23g 18a 41p in his second season
11g 12a 23p in 36gp so far this season

He's on pace for another 50pt and 25+ goal season. It's going to be the third time he's going to crack the 20 goal mark as well as the 40 point mark. Brule has not done this yet.

As of right now Andrei is the better player career wise and in current play. Any arguments about the future beyond this season is quite ridiculous because if you claim that Brule can become a complete player in a few years than I can claim Andrei Kostitsyn will become an Elite offensive player in a few years based on his skills.

I'm not going to vote because I shouldn't have to, the answer of who's better is quite obvious.

Oh and Snowstorm, when you questioned Andrei's capabality to score 40g because he's never scored more than 26g at any level, you forgot to mention that he scored 26 g in 52 games. I love how you conviently left that statistic out.
Thats cool and all, but Brule is on pace for a season with the same amount of points as Andrei. And two more goals in the next game (which is very possible) and he's on pace for the same amount of goals (but more points). So I don't understand why your getting so upset, since so far Brule is following in the same career path. If he does score the same as Andrei this season, and scores more then him the next, will it still be FAR and AWAY Andrei?

PS- I have no idea what your talking about, because thats compleatly wrong. Andrei scored 26 goals in 78 games.

Year/team//league/gp/goals/assists/points
2007-08 Montreal NHL 78 26 27 53

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 06:19 PM
  #81
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Thats cool and all, but Brule is on pace for a season with the same amount of points as Andrei. And two more goals in the next game (which is very possible) and he's on pace for the same amount of goals (but more points). So I don't understand why your getting so upset, since so far Brule is following in the same career path. If he does score the same as Andrei this season, and scores more then him the next, will it still be FAR and AWAY Andrei?

PS- I have no idea what your talking about, because thats compleatly wrong. Andrei scored 26 goals in 78 games.

Year/team//league/gp/goals/assists/points
2007-08 Montreal NHL 78 26 27 53
1. The 21 goals in 50 games that I mentioned was not nhl totals. It was his goal production in his final ahl year. Those stats were referring to the edmonton fan who questioned Andrei's ability to pot 40 goals when he claimed that "Andrei never scored more than 26 goals at any level." While his point is true technically, he still failed to mention that he scored 26 goals in 52 games in the ahl and it is pretty clear that we would have at least hit 30g that year the way he was playing. So his point was a little misleading.

2. Why I'm getting upset is because there are people saying the following: "You cannot make your decision based on potential." when refering to those who claim that Andrei's talent could net him 35-40 goals, but yet they go on to claim that "Andrei is better now, but Brule will be better in the future so I will take Brule."

3. Andrei has put up 20+ goals twice and will probably do it a 3rd time this year. He's hit 40+ points twice and will probably do so again this year. Right now Andrei is a sure bet at netting a team at least 20g and 40+ points. Brule has not proven that he is a consistent point producer as it is his first year that he is actually producing. Not to long ago people were calling him a bust. So right now, the better player is Andrei Kostitsyn because you know what you're getting considering that it isn't too far off from what his career has shown us thus far. Brule on the other hand, has not shown us anything that what we have seen this year. If it is possible to say that Brule will do so(be a consistent point producer) in the future, then it is also possible to say that he might not do so in the future(refering to a consistent production). More so, I could also say that Andrei's elite skill potentially can make a much better offensive force than Brule thus giving him the edge, but all these points about potential is moot seeing how no one here is a prophet.

Therefore, the logical conclusion is to pick Andrei because we know what he is doing is not a fluke seeing how he has done so before, Brule is still a question as we cannot predict the future. So as of right now, Andrei has been the better player and currently is the better player. When he plays the way he currently he is, Andrei dominates the offensive zone.

EDIT: I previously said Andrei scored 26 in 52 in ahl, not true, it was 21 in 50...I stand corrected.


Last edited by Andy: 12-25-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 06:24 PM
  #82
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
Brule hasn't broken 10goals YET in the nhl while A.Kost has broken 20 in all of his full seasons.

No comparision at all.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:15 PM
  #83
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Finally, someone who makes good points. I was going to say that it doesn't matter that Brule is 2 years younger since he won't score 26 goals this season unless he really picks it up in that area, and next year the point is moot. But you chose to focus on points, that's fine, Andrei's a shooter, so you probably won't see him get more than say, 30 assists in a year unless people pick up his rebounds. As far as his sophmore year, the whole team was a mess and he still managed to score more than 20 in an off year. And he's still young, has lots of potential to improve, same with Brule *BUT* he's not at Andrei's level yet and I don't know if he will ever be, but it's a possibility. It's not ridiculous to call Andrei a future 30 goal player.

So far to date you should be mental to pick Brule over him. And I laugh at people who say he brings more to the game, such as what? Running into people in the corners? Andrei hits harder with his size and it's very hard to move him off the puck.
Size: Andrei
Sniper: Andrei
Potential: Andrei
Proven: Andrei

Name me one thing Brule does better than him?
You obviously dont watch any oilers games...also some might argue Brule has more potential. Also Brule has more speed,better checking and is good on the pk aswell.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:20 PM
  #84
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
And I believe this thread was made because someone said that they wouldnt trade Brule for Andrei straight up. That is because we need what brule brings to the table. Hitting,two way play and some offense. The way he plays is to important to the the oilers

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:18 AM
  #85
sid49
Registered User
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Career wise Brule

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:21 AM
  #86
sid49
Registered User
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Finally, someone who makes good points. I was going to say that it doesn't matter that Brule is 2 years younger since he won't score 26 goals this season unless he really picks it up in that area, and next year the point is moot. But you chose to focus on points, that's fine, Andrei's a shooter, so you probably won't see him get more than say, 30 assists in a year unless people pick up his rebounds. As far as his sophmore year, the whole team was a mess and he still managed to score more than 20 in an off year. And he's still young, has lots of potential to improve, same with Brule *BUT* he's not at Andrei's level yet and I don't know if he will ever be, but it's a possibility. It's not ridiculous to call Andrei a future 30 goal player.

So far to date you should be mental to pick Brule over him. And I laugh at people who say he brings more to the game, such as what? Running into people in the corners? Andrei hits harder with his size and it's very hard to move him off the puck.
Size: Andrei
Sniper: Andrei
Potential: Andrei
Proven: Andrei

Name me one thing Brule does better than him?
Brule plays like he cares. He also brings speed, physicality, leadership, and defense. It can also be argued that Brule is a better snipe and has more potential then Andrei.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:27 AM
  #87
andreconstantin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Well, Brule is 2 years younger which can be a long time at this stage in devolopement and has started to really get back on track this year being a key part in the Oilers offense. I will say that Andrei is definatly the better player right now (especially this month where he was been tearing it up) but I could also very much see why someone would chose Brule career-wise. After all, the season Andrei had when he was Brule's age (his best season to date) is what Brule is on pace for right now (51 points). So if he can finish close to that total and follow it up with a year more impressive then the one Andrei had he would probably be on track for a career that had been (so far) better then Andrei's.

Personally, I don't see any problem in that and I don't understand why your getting so damn offended. I'd also like to add:

Perennial 30 goal scorer? Who? Surely you don't mean Andrei Kostitsyn, who hasn't scored 30 goals ever in ANY LEAGUE since 2000? THAT 30 goal scorer?
26 goals is 4 shy of 30 and he has done that in the AHL and in in the NHL. Kid is starting to play really good, he is starting to see lots of ice time and plays with good linemates. It was hard for him to produce with Kovalev because it's not that easy to follow Kovalev on the ice.I like AK46 alot and I would lie if I'd say that I'm not being an homer. However, I would still take AK46 if I was a fan of another team. I watch every habs game and the guy can do way more then his stats indicates. Just to give you a proof, the guy has 9 goals in his last 10 games and he doesn't even shoot that much to the net, look at his shots totals. We will see, it's hard to produce in Edmonton, that's why I don't like judging players by their stats. I can admit though that Brule is the better overall player.


Last edited by andreconstantin: 12-26-2009 at 01:51 PM.
andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:48 AM
  #88
BIG
Registered User
 
BIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Andrei now, but Brule will have the better career imo. And also lol at the OP being a complete jackass every time somebody said Brule.

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:42 PM
  #89
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Brule plays like he cares. He also brings speed, physicality, leadership, and defense. It can also be argued that Brule is a better snipe and has more potential then Andrei.
Brule is a better sniper It's kind of hard to tell when he's scored like 20 goals in his career.

And andrei brings everything you've mentioned except leadership since he can barly but 3 english words together.


Last edited by scottyG: 12-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:45 PM
  #90
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Brule plays like he cares. He also brings speed, physicality, leadership, and defense. It can also be argued that Brule is a better snipe and has more potential then Andrei.
No. Not that. You can argue for about anything else but not that. Alex Kovalev already said Kostitsyn has a better wrister than he does, this tells a lot about Andreď's sniper skills.

The guy shot is just lethal. When he come one-on-one on his right wing, he's just SO good at shooting the puck between the defender leg and into the net.


Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:18 PM
  #91
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
He has potential because he skips out on playing the first 20 games. If he'd play those first 20 games, he'd hit 40.
So he shows up when he feels like it? Sweet.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:32 PM
  #92
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
So he shows up when he feels like it? Sweet.
It's called a slow start.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
  #93
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
No. Not that. You can argue for about anything else but not that. Alex Kovalev already said Kostitsyn has a better wrister than he does, this tells a lot about Andreď's sniper skills.

The guy shot is just lethal. When he come one-on-one on his right wing, he's just SO good at shooting the puck between the defender leg and into the net.





And hes done many more times this year

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:48 PM
  #94
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
I don't know how this thread is still going. Andrei >>>>> Brule and like leaf fans say it's not even close.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
  #95
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,767
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn has an average of 0.28 goal by game and Brule is sitting at 0.13 for now. That's a fair margin.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
  #96
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe
 
Vdhawan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
I don't know how this thread is still going. Andrei >>>>> Brule and like leaf fans say it's not even close.
How? There basically tied in points. What does Andrei do that puts him ahead pf Brule, right now?

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:00 PM
  #97
Lounge Act*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country:
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
a proven 20+ Goal scorer. Lol
I don't know if "proven 20 goal scorer" means a heck of a lot. I mean, Moreau and Marchant are "proven 20 goal scorers" as well. It's not really on topic, just something that bothers me when people bring it up. edit: nevermind, just read the rest of it. I usually ignore posters who use >< symbols on general principle.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
  #98
Seth Rollins
Sierra, Hotel, India
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Echo, Lima, Delta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
How? There basically tied in points. What does Andrei do that puts him ahead pf Brule, right now?
Scoring at near a goal per game pace over the last 10 games. You asked.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:07 PM
  #99
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
What does Andrei do that puts him ahead pf Brule, right now?
He just scored another OT goal against the Leafs.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:14 PM
  #100
Lounge Act*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country:
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
CupofOil and JackBourdain, I could not agree more. What's the point of asking a question if you're going to throw a tantrum over the answer?

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.