HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Remember when the pre game show covered hockey?

Old
12-27-2009, 08:39 AM
yankeecpt15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I think anyone who watches other Hockey other than the Ranger broadcasts will come to the conclusion that the coverage of pre game, as well as during game is one of the most non informative broadcasts in all of Hockey.

If you follow me on me twitter you know the usual suspects and targets.

The pre-game is not informative. Stop making the line combos a news event. They change right after the first cycle of shifts anyway. Show me the lines and scratches and lets move on.

The charity work and 1994 retreads need to go far as pre game material.

You wouldn't believe how small the MSG TV budget is.

John Giannone is Horrible as Play by Play. He has me wanting Mike Crispino back. I am thinking of inventing a new drinking game every time Giannone says "At The Doorstep!" on every scoring chance. Every time he says it, you have to drink a beer.

Sam Rosen is Terrible. I know its blasphemy but he has no more passion for the game. If he did he would take the time to memorize the other opposing teams roster instead of editorializing when they have the puck. Sam Rosen is a nice guy, but dismal as a regular play by play man. All his passion at this point emits from his toupee.

The between periods is awful. Bill Pidto looks like a midget Lisa Loeb with those glasses and Duguay just states the obvious. the funny thing Doogs can talk puck, but this broadcast is so vanilla.

The Hockey night live is a joke. How many bald guys can you fit in a room and tune out at once. Too many Ex-Islanders and Ex-Devils in the room for my taste.

Micheletti is just goofy.
Don't forget the ultimate shill...al trautwig.....guy pretty much nailed brashear to the cross after hit on betts (deservedly so) in last year's playoffs yet brash becomes a ranger and nary a mention of it...but when its all said and done, it's hard not to find media associated with the team (In any sport) not drinking the corporate kool-aid....the days of listening tony kubek ripping the yanks on a daily basis (deservedly so) are gone forever

yankeecpt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 12:43 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I miss the theme music from, what, last season, or was it the year before? That was fine. They're trying to be all epic now, meanwhile the team blows, so it falls flat on it's face.

Also, I miss those amazing De Niro AmEX commercials. I need to see him clench his lips and say "My East...My West Side" again and again and again.

Best commercial ever btw.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 02:10 PM
HockeyBurd*

Yeah, I remember when hockey was about hockey. Hockey before hockey. Hockey during hockey. Hockey after hockey. And then hockey in the morning following hockey. Now none of those have much hockey these days.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 02:31 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

How many times do I have to see the Rangers skating in Central Park? Enough already I get it. They went to CP with their families. I don't need to see it literally every pre-game.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote