HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brown vs Hartnell

View Poll Results: Brown vs Hartnell
Dustin Brown 77 89.53%
Scott Hartnell 9 10.47%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
4rde

vCash: 500
Brown vs Hartnell

VS

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:13 PM
dabeechman

Going to be a pretty lopsided poll.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
4rde

I dont know why Brown is leading by so big margin.

Offensively they are pretty equal players but defensively Hartnell beats the **** out of Brown. Okay Brown hits alot but Hartnell does too. So to me Hartnell should be the better player.

Old
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post

Offensively they are pretty equal players but defensively Hartnell beats the **** out of Brown. Okay Brown hits alot but Hartnell does too. So to me Hartnell should be the better player.
But he doesn't and he isn't.

Oh and Brown's a captain too

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 72
hardworking captain or a tool?

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:09 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
hardworking captain or a tool?
Lets compare last season:

Brown - 80 gp 24+29=53 pts, -15

Hartnell - 80 gp 30+30=60 pts, +14

Yea Brown is clearly the better player and its not even close

Old
12-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Whaa? Hartnell is not good defensively. He's not bad, but him and Brown are equal on that front. Not only that, but Hartnell takes dumb penalties, putting his team on the PK resulting in goals scored against. He's also lazy at times.

Offensively and defensively, they are roughly the same. But Brown smokes Hartnell in intangibles.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Dustin Brown

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:12 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Whaa? Hartnell is not good defensively. He's not bad, but him and Brown are equal on that front. Not only that, but Hartnell takes dumb penalties, putting his team on the PK resulting in goals scored against. He's also lazy at times.
Hartnell is way better defensively than Brown... I dont know where you've heard that Hartnell is average defensively. He's not special but good while Brown is average.

Sure Hartnell takes some dumb penalties but he drops the gloves for his team too.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
sabresfan129103

brown > hartnell at hockey

hartnell > brown at poker

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Hartnell is way better defensively than Brown... I dont know where you've heard that Hartnell is average defensively. He's not special but good while Brown is average.

Sure Hartnell takes some dumb penalties but he drops the gloves for his team too.
Don't know where I heard? lol, my team drafted him, I think I would know. He is average, at best.

He does drop the gloves, which is a big plus. Brown should do that more.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:18 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Don't know where I heard? lol, my team drafted him, I think I would know. He is average, at best.
I watch every Philly game i possibly can, he is not "average at best".

Old
12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Noah23

Quote:
I watch every Philly game i possibly can, he is not "average at best".
Must not be that many...

Noah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:14 PM
flannelman
merde!

Quote:

don't believe I said anything about Brown being 'clearly a better player and its not even close' - so please, don't put words in my mouth - i can do that on my own.

but I do prefer someone of Brown's caliber as comapred to Hartnel - who, I think - imo - is a giant tool (on the ice). I think Brown displays less reckless behavior, isn't as selfish and doesn't take as many bad penalties as Hartnel. I think they have similar skillsets, sure - but my preference is Brown - I think he's better and would rather have him - dollar for dollar, point for point, TOI for TOI.

Old
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Completely ridiculous poll and attitude.

Topic starter starts one to pimp his player. Is putting words in people's mouths. Does not know anything about either player. Brown is a pretty marginal offensive player, the last couple of months. I actually like his defensive game more than ever, good backchecker and suddenly he's defensively average at best while Hartnell actually is.

Please stop and enjoy watching hockey.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
don't believe I said anything about Brown being 'clearly a better player and its not even close' - so please, don't put words in my mouth - i can do that on my own.
You sure can. "hardworking captain or a tool", next time think before you post

Old
12-23-2009, 02:59 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

And a whopping 9 goals difference in the amount of goals they were on the ice for. We could go with this seasons stats so far whehere Brown has more points and better +/-. Will that work for you?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
flannelman
merde!

Quote:
You sure can. "hardworking captain or a tool", next time think before you post
again - you're taking what you want to out of my statements and either taking what you want, not realizing context - whatever - that's you're call - perhaps you should think before you post.

and in my last post - i say that they have similar skillsets - but I do think Hartnel is a 'tool' - I think he could be a better teammate on the ice - I think he contributes offensively and defensively - have no problem with that - his antics, trying to be an agitator in instances, but I think it makes him look like a coward - that's just me, though. he's the Mike Komisarek of forward - good skillset, but could be a better player if he focused more on the team.

and I'll reiterate again for you - I like Brown more, but think they have similar skillsets - but I think Brown is a better fit for the money, for what he provides to his team on the ice than Hartnel - which is why, in your poll, I voted for him.

Cheers,

Old
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And a whopping 9 goals difference in the amount of goals they were on the ice for. We could go with this seasons stats so far whehere Brown has more points and better +/-. Will that work for you?
First of all the season isnt even close ending, we can look at the stats when its really over. Second, i posted those stats because im not sure how people can vote Brown so easily when Hartnell outscored him and plays better defense.

Old
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
First of all the season isnt even close ending, we can look at the stats when its really over. Second, i posted those stats because im not sure how people can vote Brown so easily when Hartnell outscored him and plays better defense.
Maybe its because Hartnell doesnt play better defense and the point difference isnt big enough to make a difference. We can bring up the year before where Brown scored 60 and Hartnell scored 43 and try to use one year as to whos a better player. Their similiar players across the board but people prefer Brown because he doesnt pull the same **** Hartnell does. If you cant deal with that dont post polls.

Old
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Maybe its because Hartnell doesnt play better defense and the point difference isnt big enough to make a difference. We can bring up the year before where Brown scored 60 and Hartnell scored 43 and try to use one year as to whos a better player. Their similiar players across the board but people prefer Brown because he doesnt pull the same **** Hartnell does. If you cant deal with that dont post polls.
What is still bothering me is that why people here think Hartnell is bad defensively? Brown is average there's no doubt about that, but Hartnell is still better.... One of his biggest strenght at the time he was drafted was his work ethic and every player profile i read over the internet says Hartnell is good 2-way player. (i had to make sure i have watched the same Hartnell as people here)

Old
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
What is still bothering me is that why people here think Hartnell is bad defensively? Brown is average there's no doubt about that, but Hartnell is still better.... One of his biggest strenght at the time he was drafted was his work ethic and every player profile i read over the internet says Hartnell is good 2-way player. (i had to make sure i have watched the same Hartnell as people here)
Noone is saying that hes bad defensively, just that hes not as good as you think he seems to be.

Old
12-23-2009, 04:57 PM
dookie88

Hartnell benefitted greatly by Carters excellent play last season, I wouldn't be shocked if that season would be his career-high what points concern. I think he will round out at 25goals and 45-50 points per season.

Brown on the other hand is a captain a very young age, one of if not the best forechecker in the game with solid offensive instincts and a good overall play. I think he will be a very good 2nd line winger/borderline 1st line winger who hasn't to rely on his linemates as much as Hartnell.

I take Brown.

To the genius who compared the stats of both from last season:
Look at the teams and lines those guys played on.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:50 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Completely ridiculous poll and attitude.

Topic starter starts one to pimp his player. Is putting words in people's mouths. Does not know anything about either player. Brown is a pretty marginal offensive player, the last couple of months. I actually like his defensive game more than ever, good backchecker and suddenly he's defensively average at best while Hartnell actually is.

Please stop and enjoy watching hockey.
Oh for gods sake. First of all i didnt make this topic so i could tell everyone that Hartnell is the better player. Second, how am i putting words in people's mouths when i tell facts? Yea sure i dont know anything about either player, thats one hell of a claim since you dont know anything about me. Just for note, i watch hockey alot and i know what are either players strenghts and weaknesses.

Browns play this year is mystery to me since i dont get to watch LA's games but good for him if his defensive play has improved. You cant blame me if im still in the believe that Brown is bad defensively since he has been every season till this one.

But i guess Brown is by far the better player then.

Anyways this is Hfboards for you, in a poll Malone vs Brown they are getting about the same amount of votes, then in a poll Hartnell vs Malone vs Clowe vs Penner, Hartnell wins it. Both polls done this month.

So Malone and Brown are equal, Brown beats the crap out of Hartnell while Hartnell wins Malone. Strange huh?

Old
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
dabeechman

You wanted the forums opinion and you received it. Sorry the vote is 3 to 50. I think it is obvious that your view is decidingly different than the rest of the forum. Maybe it is you who needs to stop arguing, and start watching.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote