HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Carter on the move. Should we go for him?

Old
12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Predaleafs

vCash: 500
Carter on the move. Should we go for him?

Would Jeff Carter fit. We are closing in on the western top and he would be great fit. Maybe a first and Dan Ellis

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
Would Jeff Carter fit. We are closing in on the western top and he would be great fit. Maybe a first and Dan Ellis
not even close to what it would take to get him...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:38 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Yeah, that won't get it done, and I don't think we can afford his salary anyway. It's a nice thought, but the package it would take alone would turn me off of it.

Target Scott Hartnell, Poile!! He and his wife can go shopping at Abercrombie in Green Hills, just like old times! Maybe even call up Adam Hall, see if Arby's will give him the night off, and invite him along!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:10 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Jeff Carter in a Pred uniform would be amazing! But I think it's just a dream

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Yeah, that won't get it done, and I don't think we can afford his salary anyway. It's a nice thought, but the package it would take alone would turn me off of it.

Target Scott Hartnell, Poile!! He and his wife can go shopping at Abercrombie in Green Hills, just like old times! Maybe even call up Adam Hall, see if Arby's will give him the night off, and invite him along!
As much as I loved that kid, he is a penalty magnet nowadays. I've seen him take many, many STUPID penalties and we don't need that back.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Predaleafs

there saying that the reason he is moving is because there awful start and to grab a decent goalie. Ellis is a ufa and could be packaged for him. His value isnt that high as a Jaroslav Halak deal was nixed

Old
12-22-2009, 09:57 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
As much as I loved that kid, he is a penalty magnet nowadays. I've seen him take many, many STUPID penalties and we don't need that back.
for real, we dont want Hartnell back. Anyone catch that Flyers-Panthers game. Harts is reverting back to his old form.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:06 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
for real, we dont want Hartnell back. Anyone catch that Flyers-Panthers game. Harts is reverting back to his old form.
Oh really? I thought (other than the glove throwing thing) that he had improved, but I havent watched any Flyers games.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
I was in favor of getting him if we could, but you remind me I have heard about his less then bright penalties. And low penalty minutes has been one of our strengths. (I swear we're getting hosed on a few more calls lately, while other teams aren't getting called for real stuff, as if Refs feel they have to "even things out".) He shows the same penalty minutes as the other Flyers who have about his same point total, he has 50 minutes, Pronger has 47 and Richards has 49. Hartnell is 4th on the team. His minutes (I have no idea of the breakdown from "real" penalties vs fights) would place him just above our highest, Smithson, who has 48, with our next highest at 26, Hamhuis.

I notice that 6 of his 9 goals are power play goals. Just 3 even strength. Not that PP goals suck or anything, but that's not very many 5 on 5 goals.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-22-2009 at 10:13 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:08 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
You're right. I was in favor of getting him if we could, but you remind me I have heard a lot about his less then bright penalties. And low penalty minutes has been one of our strengths. (I swear we're getting hosed on a few more calls lately as if Refs feel they have to "even things out".)

I notice that 6 of his 9 goals are power play goals. Just 3 even strength. Not that PP goals suck or anything, but that's not very many 5 on 5 goals.
If you haven't noticed, we're not having a problem 5 on 5...his ability to score on our abysmal power play is what would MAKE him valuable

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:16 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If you haven't noticed, we're not having a problem 5 on 5...his ability to score on our abysmal power play is what would MAKE him valuable
I wanted a power forward who played in front of the net, and said in the other thread on "win now" to get him. But he also needs to fit in. Who would he skate with? I would love to see him replace Smithson on Legwand's line, but there goes the defensive aspect.

And I'm not convinced our power play would magically get goals just because we added someone who could get them in another team's power play. Although I think Hartnell has always been a pretty decent power play guy. Longer term, like next year, I could see Hartnell being a good experienced forward to help a young center such as Colin Wilson.

Are there any new rumors about Ponikarovsky out there?

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-22-2009 at 10:36 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I wanted a power forward who played in front of the net, and said in the other thread on "win now" to get him. But he also needs to fit in. Who would he skate with? I would love to see him replace Smithson on Legwand's line, but there goes the defensive aspect.

And I'm not convinced our power play would magically get goals just because we added someone who could get them in another team's power play. Although I think Hartnell has always been a pretty decent power play guy. Longer term, like next year, I could see Hartnell being a good experienced forward to help a young center such as Colin Wilson.

Are there any new rumors about Ponikarovsky out there?

Poni, Stajan are both avaible from the leafs side. Both aren`t burke type players. a second and a late pick or mid range to decent prospect could get them.

Old
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Allowing Hartnell to take the occasional dumb penalty is why he is flourishing in Phi. He won't work on this roster as well as in PHI, but I would love to have him back

12-23-2009, 10:28 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Harnells utility would depend on whether the rumors of a bad relationship with the coaching staff had any merit. His talent is on par with the 3.7 million he would make next year but if he screws up the chemistry or is going to spend a lot of time in trotz doghouse it wouldnt be worth it...

Hartnell would allow us to bump Smithson back to a pure checking line and im all for that....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote