HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montréal - St-Louis

Old
12-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Andrei for David should be fair trade. But I don't think either teams go for it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:21 AM
chjucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
backes >AK
second > SK
Troll

chjucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 12:12 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by chjucan View Post
Troll
How does that make him a troll?
Backes>AK and with the way SK has been handling himself this year, he isn't worth much, probably worth more to montreal then another team right now.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 12:29 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
The way he's developing, Max Tardy as well.
Reminds me a lot of Oshie.
Yup, him too. Love Pavelec but again with Lehtonen's injury history.....

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:02 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Oh and if were doing hit videos, I'll add some for Backes.

Did I mention he can score too?

Yeah, you can keep Kostitsyn.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel17 View Post
And Backes has 14 points in his last 14 games with a physical presence that Kostitsyn could never even come close to matching. Just look at his 8 hits against the Lightning in a game last week. Backes would have value even if he put up only 20-30 points every year.
Okay first off, Backes is more phyiscal than Andrei, no doubt.

BUT...

Andrei Kostitsyn, regardless of his nationality, is a rough and tough little *****. Andrei averages approximately 1.8 hits per game in comparison to Backes a 2.8. So even though Backes throws more hits, I just wanted to point out that Andrei is a finese player with a bit of a mean streak.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:11 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
Andrei for David should be fair trade. But I don't think either teams go for it.
I agree although i would give the slight value-advantage to Andrei Kostitsyn based on production and talent. Blues fans seem to think that AK is soft or non-physical which couldn't be further from the truth. Its because of AK's physical play that i give him the nod over Backes. AK is physical, talented and he produces. He has a dimension to his game that i do not think Backes will ever have (ie. talent level). Backes may be more physical but its not like we are comparing Backes to a softie like Ribeiro. AK more than holds his own in the physical department and he initiates contact.

But i'm sure Blues fans will debate that Backes has more value to the Blues than AK does just as there is no question that AK's value to the Habs is far higher than Backes based on the fact that he is 1/3 of one of the best top-lines in the league. For the Habs to trade AK for Backes straight up would be the height of stupidity. Why break up our best line - especially now that AK is scorching hot over the past 17 games? (and 9 goals in his last 10)

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 10:25 AM
TheGoalJudge

Kostitsyn is usually only physical when he's motivated and he usually only produces when he's motivated. He's not always motivated. And even then he's not as physical as Backes. But... he is alot tougher and physical than Blues fans give him credit for.

I think the value of Backes and Kostitsyn is fair but both teams won't make the deal. Both are definitely good players though. Backes more physical, Andrei more skill. Depends what you want on your team.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 11:16 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Kostitsyn is usually only physical when he's motivated and he usually only produces when he's motivated. He's not always motivated. And even then he's not as physical as Backes. But... he is alot tougher and physical than Blues fans give him credit for.

I think the value of Backes and Kostitsyn is fair but both teams won't make the deal. Both are definitely good players though. Backes more physical, Andrei more skill. Depends what you want on your team.
This is pretty much the unbiased reality of the whole situation, bottom line is I don't think the Blues can give up Backes' intangibles just to get a slight edge in scoring and I doubt Montreal has lost too many games because they didn't get an extra check or two thrown, so why throw out a guy who's gelled into your 1st line.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Hooch314

Lol Backes but it is close. Hard to compare Kos to Backes because they play different styles.

By the way Habs fans, when you bring up nationality and try to belittle another teams fanbase when they say they believe (correctly, IMO) that their player is better than yours, it really makes you sound like ignorant homers.

Yea Backes is better than Kostitsyn, but STL doesn't have that Habs tradition!!!

Give me a break.

And don't act like the Blues have only been around for 4 or 5 years. There is quite a big fanbase in STL. Maybe if instead of assuming hockey means nothing to anyone south of Minnesota you should expirience it for yourself. Canadien hockey fans in general underestimate the amount of die hard American hockey fans.

Hooch314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:16 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riza View Post
Are people really trying to claim that the "hits" statistic is an indication of physical play? Moreover, trying to claim that 1 additional recorded hit is indicative of superior physical presence?
It's not like that metric is totally dependent upon which arena the player plays in or anything...

Honestly, the hits metric indicates just one thing: whether a player hits or not. It's not a measurement of physical play or physical presence. Anyone who claims otherwise flat out doesn't understand hockey.
Actually, it was 40 additional hits in one more game... but why split hairs?

I agree that the hits statistic is not the be all end all of physical play, but it is the best recorded statistic we have to indicate this. I actually like Kotitsyn, but he and Backes are completely different types of players. The Blues NEED a player like Kostitsyn, but not at the expense of one of the most physical players on the team.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:18 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post

This is an accurate description of this entire thread.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote