HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

27th Obsequious Banter Thread: Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, Pigpen, Joplin, Our Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You have my vote! can i amend this to 10 mph under in ANY lane? Thats more dangerous than going 10 over
I hate those *******s. I'll get stuck in back of one, then it becomes impossible to get over since everyone else is going faster than you, and you don't have time to accelerate. I've never understood why people drive under the speed limit, inclimate weather notwithstanding.

Quote:
everyone with a bag on their avy, c'mon it aint that bad......
But it's working.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I hate those *******s. I'll get stuck in back of one, then it becomes impossible to get over since everyone else is going faster than you, and you don't have time to accelerate. I've never understood why people drive under the speed limit, inclimate weather notwithstanding.

But it's working.
So do I, nothing pisses me off more than getting stuck behind a blue hair doing 35 on 295. God damn!

its working de loca! ive notcied it for a while. whats working is the team, im glad im not ashamed of MY fanhood

Old
12-28-2009, 10:22 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I really do believe that slow drivers in the left lane are more dangerous than someone going 100 MPH because it bunches cars up, reducing the distance, and in turn, each driver's reaction time to avoid an accident. IMHO, if you're causing a backup, that driver should be ticketed for reckless driving. There are enough signs all over the state saying "Stay Right Except to Pass" that people should understand the rules of the road by now.

Inclimate weather is excusable though.

Also, long story short, I think I inadvertently brewed up a ****storm at work. Awesome Monday.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:25 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I really do believe that slow drivers in the left lane are more dangerous than someone going 100 MPH because it bunches cars up, reducing the distance, and in turn, each driver's reaction time to avoid an accident. IMHO, if you're causing a backup, that driver should be ticketed for reckless driving. There are enough signs all over the state saying "Stay Right Except to Pass" that people should understand the rules of the road by now.

Inclimate weather is excusable though.

Also, long story short, I think I inadvertently brewed up a ****storm at work. Awesome Monday.
you can be ticketed it for driving too slow, cops normally dont tho, which sucks. another reason slow drivers are dangerious is people get pissed the **** off and get aggressive.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:27 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
So do I, nothing pisses me off more than getting stuck behind a blue hair doing 35 on 295. God damn!
That's one thing I like about the Trans-Canada highway going through Quebec. They post maximum and minimum speed limits, so you don't see slowpokes.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:29 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
That's one thing I like about the Trans-Canada highway going through Quebec. They post maximum and minimum speed limits, so you don't see slowpokes.
I cant name the road in south jersey, I wanna say rt 55, but it has a minimum speed posted at 45 or 50 with a maximum of 55. they need to do that everywhere. and it should be a maximum/minimum of the same speed so cops have an easier job and keeps traffic flow constatnt. and if u do choose to be a slowpoke, drive in the right effing lane.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Kambo

Quote:
I cant name the road in south jersey, I wanna say rt 55, but it has a minimum speed posted at 45 or 50 with a maximum of 55. they need to do that everywhere. and it should be a maximum/minimum of the same speed so cops have an easier job and keeps traffic flow constatnt. and if u do choose to be a slowpoke, drive in the right effing lane.
I think you may be right. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe I saw that on Delsea Dr. too. I may be thinking of something else though.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:39 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
I think you may be right. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe I saw that on Delsea Dr. too. I may be thinking of something else though.
Could also be the n/s Freeway too. I know its in that area tho. And I saw it recently and ive been down in that area a lot for xmas shopping...

Old
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Could also be the n/s Freeway too. I know its in that area tho. And I saw it recently and ive been down in that area a lot for xmas shopping...
What the **** is the n/s freeway?

Old
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
As someone who drives on 55 every day, I can tell you it's not the road you're thinking of. Totally agree with the idea though. The I-87 in NY has a minimum of 50 or 55. I loved it when I went to school up there.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
What the **** is the n/s freeway?
42 between the ac expressway and philly

Old
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
As someone who drives on 55 every day, I can tell you it's not the road you're thinking of. Totally agree with the idea though. The I-87 in NY has a minimum of 50 or 55. I loved it when I went to school up there.
maybe it was 45...iuno i know i saw it somewhere lol

Old
12-28-2009, 11:16 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
The Garden State Parkway has a minimum speed limit of 45 MPH. I rear-ended a car at 2 am doing 25 MPH in the LEFT LANE on my way home from work. They were at-fault in the accident even though I rear ended them clear as day. Totaled my car as well. Cops said I was lucky as hell

Old
12-28-2009, 11:49 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
The Garden State Parkway has a minimum speed limit of 45 MPH. I rear-ended a car at 2 am doing 25 MPH in the LEFT LANE on my way home from work. They were at-fault in the accident even though I rear ended them clear as day. Totaled my car as well. Cops said I was lucky as hell
Sucks you wrecked your car, but that's awesome that they were at fault. Is that only certain sections of the GSP or the whole thing? I don't remember seeing signs.

Old
12-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
should I go see avatar in reald 3d or in imax 3d?

Old
12-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
Imax.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:18 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Sucks you wrecked your car, but that's awesome that they were at fault. Is that only certain sections of the GSP or the whole thing? I don't remember seeing signs.
I'm pretty sure its the whole thing, but im not positive. This was around the Sea Isle exit.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Imax if possible. It was sold out when I went, so I settled for reald, but it would've been a lot better.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:30 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
45mph is the Limit for I-95 in PA. There is a sign on the Northbound side in chester for any of you local folks. The Max limit is 55 which i think is entirely too slow.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Imax if possible. It was sold out when I went, so I settled for reald, but it would've been a lot better.
Done and done. Ordered my ticket for AMC Neshaminy at 3:20.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I hate it when you are in the left lane because you have to be and someone gets right on your ass when you are going 72 in a 65.
This happened to me yesterday as I was on my way to the game in Manchester. 93 south spilts into 93 south and 293 south. one lane for 93 south, the other for 293.
so I get on 293 and the ****er flips me off because I didnt switch lanes to let him by on 93.
Of course I was still going 70 plus and he went by me going about 80 at least.
I was praying for him to be pulled over so I could wave at him going by.

Other things that piss me off royaly? cars that stop completely to make a right hand turn. I mean really? WTF

Old
12-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Done and done. Ordered my ticket for AMC Neshaminy at 3:20.
Enjoy it. Kick ass movie

Old
12-28-2009, 12:56 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
Other things that piss me off royaly? cars that stop completely to make a right hand turn. I mean really? WTF
I hate this more than anything. 90% of the time is some dumbass on his phone.

Old
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
I hate it when you are in the left lane because you have to be and someone gets right on your ass when you are going 72 in a 65.
This happened to me yesterday as I was on my way to the game in Manchester. 93 south spilts into 93 south and 293 south. one lane for 93 south, the other for 293.
so I get on 293 and the ****er flips me off because I didnt switch lanes to let him by on 93.
Of course I was still going 70 plus and he went by me going about 80 at least.
I was praying for him to be pulled over so I could wave at him going by.
That's a different story. You're not being an ignorant driver, you just have to go that way. Every day to work I get on 287, and Exit 14 splits to the left. I get on at exit 10, so 4 miles of slower cars in the left lane. That's fine. But I exit to the right, and after that, then I have a problem with slow drivers.

But approaching Exit 14, the left lane cuts to the left into 2 lanes, making the road from 3 to 5 lanes wide. Of course you get those dopes that are in the right lane and cut 3 lanes over nearly causing an accident.

Old
12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Closed Thread