HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs at Tampa or Philadelphia ?

View Poll Results: Leafs at Tampa or Philadelphia- which do you 'prefer'
Tampa 53 82.81%
Philadelphia 11 17.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 02:15 PM
albathegreat*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
I'd rather play T.B, but lets get through Ottawa first. You guys are acting like the series is over. Ottawa could win tonight and it could a tied series just like that.........

Yeppers, get through Ottawa then decide,,

Old
04-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
NONE ! You Leafs fans are sooo arrogant ! Wait 'til the series is finished before making any more decisions.

You should add "GOLF" to your pole
Hey, did you notice the IF we beat Ottawa? Read the posts before you throw stones. We're sop arrogant? You came to our forum to let us know you don't read posts, congratulations. Go home.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Gags1288

Well then I guess we all agree, even us flyers fans, we all want Tampa-Toronto and Philly-Boston. Actually, I wouldn't mind facing a banged up leafs team as the flyers are looking great and have played real well against the leafs recently. Also, for the guy who said that the Flyers aren't as good as they were last year, you are sadly mistaken. The Blackhawk down line (Amonte-Zhamnov-Roenick) is unbelievable and they create great chances everytime they're on the ice, they outplayed the EGG line heads up and I think that's part of the reason the flyers were able to dispose of the cup champs in 5 (not to mention that Primeau is playing like a man possessed). The flyers defense is also much more mobile and less mistake proof. And of course, Esche is net is just so much more consistent that Cechmanek, it makes a big differnce. Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to the leafs tonight and I look forward to an ECF matchup if the teams can do what I expect them to do (knock on wood).

Old
04-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Epoch

Tampa.

Philly will kill 'em.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:09 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

I'd rather get out of Round 1 and DON'T care who's waiting for us there!

Old
04-18-2004, 04:12 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
I'd rather get out of Round 1 and DON'T care who's waiting for us there!
Preach it Mac. Preach it.

Let's try to beat the Senators first, shall we..

Old
04-18-2004, 04:25 PM
richardn

Why is everyone so affraid of Philly. Philly is weak in net and defence in my opinion. This is not last year and the Leafs are a different team. Tampa on the other hand is very scary with their fire power up front. Lecavier, St. Louis, Richards, Stillman, Modin, Anderchuck. They don't have the pressure of win at all cost so they will be very loose and relaxed. Anyways I want to concentrate on the Sens for now. Go Leafs GO and Go Habs go. I am still gunning for a Habs VS Leafs conference finals.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Tampa for the fact they have no pressure that makes them very dangerous and I really want to avoid playing them. Philly is not as good as they were last year in my opinion. Plus I want pay back for last year.
You just want payback for last year and that's it. That or you haven't seen the Flyers play at all this year.

Cechmanek>>>Esche???? what?

+Markov
+Malakhov
+Zhamnov
+Pitkanen
+Amonte
+Timander

-Williams
-Therien (should be a + and I don't care about his 2 goals)
-Vandermeer
-Desjardins
-Weinrich

No brainer - the Flyers are a much better team this year.

The only valid argument for wanting the Flyers in the 2nd is that Tampa is better based on the regular season.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Why is everyone so affraid of Philly. Philly is weak in net and defence in my opinion.
heh.

Wait until a couple of Flyers fans see that

Edit: too late

Old
04-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Why is everyone so affraid of Philly. Philly is weak in net and defence in my opinion. This is not last year and the Leafs are a different team. Tampa on the other hand is very scary with their fire power up front. Lecavier, St. Louis, Richards, Stillman, Modin, Anderchuck. They don't have the pressure of win at all cost so they will be very loose and relaxed. Anyways I want to concentrate on the Sens for now. Go Leafs GO and Go Habs go. I am still gunning for a Habs VS Leafs conference finals.
Couldn't resist....

Lecavelier - 0 points in 5 games = big, soft pu$$y
Andreychuck - ??? just old - should only play on PP

You are right though - this is not last year and the leafs are a differen team.

Yeah, older and more banged up.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Frankly it scares me how bad Leaf fans under-rate TB. I would rather play Philadelphia. TB is much better offensively and there Goal tending is on par with us. As good as Esche is, he played the DEVILS! When he plays a team that actually has offense, then we will know how good he is. Philly is a little banged up. Either way Leafs have to get much healthier to get through the next round or start waiting for next year.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:45 PM
richardn

I have said all along if there is one team that scares me it is Tampa Bay. Nobody accpects anything from them and they keep quietly going about their business. Its not like they are some eighth seed team, they did win the East convincingly at that. If Lecavier gets back on track look out.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Did you even watch the Flyers/Devils series? Well probably not because most of the games were on at the same time as the Leafs games. The Devils were very good offensively down the stretch and had many good chances in the series, but Esche was phenominal. He is a large improvement over the goalie you saw in last years playoffs and the flyers defense is much much better. Kim Johnsson has developed into a true #1 defense. You guys know what Markov's capable of during the playoffs. Malakhov's playing inspired hockey, and Ragnarsson is solid as usual. Then you have Pitkanen and Timander who are playing real well in limited minutes. This flyers defense is much faster than last year's core and makes less mistakes. The flyers are a different team also. Zhamnov has added so much to this offense, it's unbelievable. Gagne's back to his old form, Roenick's playing great, and Primeau's playing probably the best hockey of his career. I wouldn't underestimate this flyers team, it's a heck of a lot better than last years in every aspect.

Old
04-18-2004, 05:03 PM
joepeps

Yeah!

All you people are dumb...

I rather play this or that...

Does it matter??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Either way were going to have to play hard....

Just like Ottawa Needs to beat us to win the cup (Cuss they haven't b4)

We needed to Beat Jersey (Who we couldn't beat) and Philly...

I say bring on the Flyers now, and not the third round when were more tired!!!!!

BTW Sens tonight we need to get by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO

Old
04-18-2004, 05:11 PM
musdy

tampa bay there fast but not physical

Old
04-18-2004, 05:11 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Did you even watch the Flyers/Devils series? Well probably not because most of the games were on at the same time as the Leafs games. The Devils were very good offensively down the stretch and had many good chances in the series, but Esche was phenominal. He is a large improvement over the goalie you saw in last years playoffs and the flyers defense is much much better. Kim Johnsson has developed into a true #1 defense. You guys know what Markov's capable of during the playoffs. Malakhov's playing inspired hockey, and Ragnarsson is solid as usual. Then you have Pitkanen and Timander who are playing real well in limited minutes. This flyers defense is much faster than last year's core and makes less mistakes. The flyers are a different team also. Zhamnov has added so much to this offense, it's unbelievable. Gagne's back to his old form, Roenick's playing great, and Primeau's playing probably the best hockey of his career. I wouldn't underestimate this flyers team, it's a heck of a lot better than last years in every aspect.
I am sorry if it bothers you that Tampa scares me more then Philly thats just how I feel about that. Your right no I did not see any Philly playoff games yet. I think a Philly leafs second rouund match will be fun to watch. Nothing like facing the team you lost to last year. I personally like the Flyers blue line from last year better. Dmitri Yushkevich was big last year as was Desjardins. I think Malakov is not a playoff type guy in my opinion.

Old
04-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
You just want payback for last year and that's it. That or you haven't seen the Flyers play at all this year.
Biography:
I hate the Leafs
Interests:
Leaf hating
Leaf hater
Favorite Food:
Leafs

You obviously have an unhealthy obsession with the Leafs.

In the Flyers forum, you said that the Leafs team this year is worse than last year's, and that additions like Leetch do not make us better. You are a joke.

Old
04-18-2004, 05:21 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

well the flyers dont have a big name defenseman, and if one gets hurt, who's in.....slaney ?

and esche isnt exactly bernie parent

but hitchcock has them playing good defense
theyre so damn hard to create scoring chances against

Old
04-18-2004, 05:25 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers

Cechmanek>>>Esche???? what?

+Markov
+Malakhov
+Zhamnov
+Pitkanen
+Amonte
+Timander

-Williams
-Therien (should be a + and I don't care about his 2 goals)
-Vandermeer
-Desjardins
-Weinrich

No brainer - the Flyers are a much better team this year.

The only valid argument for wanting the Flyers in the 2nd is that Tampa is better based on the regular season.
Get Amonte off that list. He played against the Leafs last year.

To be honest, I'm not afraid of Philadelphia. That's not to say that I don't think they'd be a walkover. Quite the contrary, it'd be the opposite. A long and hard-fought series. Although, I'd say they'd be physically easier to play than they were last year. Overall, the Flyers have upgraded. But you are acting as if the Leafs haven't upgraded at all and would be a quick team to beat. You mentioned who the Flyers have upgraded with, so I'll list who the Leafs upgraded with. In every single area, the upgrade is enormous since last season. It's quite clear that Toronto's upgrades that a lot better than Philadelphia's.

In:..........Out:
Leetch.......Svehla
Klee.........Wesley
Marchment....Lumme
Johansson....Housley
Pilar........Jackman
Berehowsky
Nieuwendyk...Green
Stajan.......Corson
Ponikarovsky.Hoglund
Francis......Healey
Kilger

PS: Despite how much you wish it were so, the Leafs are not banged up. You obviously have not watched the Leafs this year. Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be so arrogant. Then again...

Old
04-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Schenn02

If we defeat Ottawa, I would rather play Tampa.

Old
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
well the flyers dont have a big name defenseman, and if one gets hurt, who's in.....slaney ?

and esche isnt exactly bernie parent
We have Kim Johnsson who has been great in the second half of the season and the playoffs. He leads all defensemen in the playoffs with 6 points in 5 games and outplayed Scott Niedermayer every game of the series. If someone gets hurt then Dennis Seidenberg will play, a guy who'd be an NHL regular on almost all of the teams in the league.

And Esche has a .942 save percentage, only 6 measly points away from Belfour...

Old
04-18-2004, 06:40 PM
ComrieFanatic

i think us Leaf fans would rather play the Bolts because they just arent as physical as the Flyers. The Sens series has been very physical so far and i think almost every player has bumps and bruises. Not to say that the Bolts dont have their hitters, but the Flyers just are a much more physical team. if we do beat the sens, the bolts would be the preference, not because they are an easier team, just because they play a style that would give the Leafs a bit of a rest.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:39 PM
GoethesGouda

Old
04-18-2004, 11:29 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Augusta or Pebble Beach?

Best thread ever.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:35 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

tampa's our only chance for a competitive second round - if we make it there.

philly would pound the last bit of stuffing left in us after 3 games in

Closed Thread