Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
We need a new coach it's becoming clearer and clearer.
John Anderson will easily go down as the worst Thrashers coach ever. easily.
Curt Fraser says Hi. I'm not arguing with you about the need for a new coach. Before he had been hired by Philly, I REALLY wanted Laviolette here. Desperately, even. But, since he's not available, I'd just like to hear some realistic names for the position. It's not enough to say, "We need a new coach." I want to hear some options.

Hell, may as well raid the former Canadiens' bargain bin. Vigneault and Julien have done well, and Therien has had success, as well. What's Carbonneau up to?

Old
12-23-2009, 08:29 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Curt Fraser never had talent. John Anderson may have the best Thrashers team in history and yet they are falling badly in the standings. It's doesn't matter who replaces him as long as he has NHL experience. I'll talk about replacements in a week. He has go to go though.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:31 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Enstrom just blew the only oppritunity we had by dumping it when everyone was offsides.

o well, bye bye standings, bye bye john anderson.

Wooooooo! another step closer to the worst NHL coach in the history is fired!

The only good news is that our offense is great.

Bad news: Defense still blows, goalies still let in softies, pk still blows, PP isn't that much better, Coach is still... himself.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited by Shameus: 12-23-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: No need for the profanity
Old
12-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

I know the last thing you guys want to see is a Bruins fan, but wow...you guys have a really good young player in Kane.

Oh yeah, Kovalchuk was dominant as usual.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

A chance to tie a game with 4 minutes left, after our rookie goalie lays a huge egg in the 1st? And you guys are calling for the coach to get fired?

I would think after 1 playoff appearance in 10 years that a guy who has us in the playoff hunt in late December would get an ounce of respect from some of you guys.

You cannot take idiotic penalties on the PK. Reasoner and Afinagenov did just that.

We had some borderline calls go against us, the B's got away with a couple of borderline calls.

Overall, not bad to get back from the hole they were in. But our PKers need to refrain from tripping or slashing people in open ice.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Enstrom just blew the only oppritunity we had by dumping it when everyone was offsides.

o well, bye bye standings, bye bye john anderson.

Wooooooo! another step closer to the worst NHL coach in the history is fired!
So for the 2nd straight game we put out a solid effort but end up getting ****ed by luck and you're still talking like it's the coach's fault.

Hainsey is useless, Bergeron is a diver, Little needs to be put on a line with Kane, it's clear Pavelec is worse than Hedberg to pretty much everyone at this point, Bobo is great, and beyond the first three goals I completely blame the officiating for that loss after the Armstrong / Kovy calls and the non-calls in Boston's end.

Last edited by Shameus: 12-23-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Quoting edited post
Old
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

hate to pee in the cornflakes, but without Anderson's system, there is no Afinogenov and without Anderson, there is no Peverley off the waiver wire. The system isn't at fault as much as the player's indifference to moving.

The PP and PK were great when we had days between games to practice and keep drilling it into the players.

Tonight sucked because Ron HAinsey is a one-man craptacular. Even Darren E. finally pointed out that he and Bogosian suck together. THAT is a coaching problem yet Cunneyworth is supposedly in charge of defense.

Weeks needs to be fired because all of his goalies have sucked worms when it comes to positioning. DW needs to find a taker for Toddler White and Anderson needs to switch Hainsey and Schubert at the very least.

The last 1:30, Hainsey was out there passing gas while Boston cycled the puck for the full shift. He was so out of position all night I almost wish someone could break his foot so he'd get some rehab time.

I never thought I'd wish so hard for Kari to get back and give us that 3-5 game flurry that he's famous for.

Old
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
A chance to tie a game with 4 minutes left, after our rookie goalie lays a huge egg in the 1st? And you guys are calling for the coach to get fired?

I would think after 1 playoff appearance in 10 years that a guy who has us in the playoff hunt in late December would get an ounce of respect from some of you guys.

You cannot take idiotic penalties on the PK. Reasoner and Afinagenov did just that.

We had some borderline calls go against us, the B's got away with a couple of borderline calls.

Overall, not bad to get back from the hole they were in. But our PKers need to refrain from tripping or slashing people in open ice.
Thank you. Totally agree with all of this, especially the bolded part.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:48 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Bergeron is a diver
They learned a thing or two from the Canes during their playoff series last season, didn't they. Not too hard to get off their feet.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

last two goals in the first were defensive breakdowns-coaching should be able to keep these to a minimum of one a game, not two in 20 seconds

white continues to get time on special teams and was playing over peverley and thorburn in 5 on 3 situations-coaching decisions

we took idiotic penalties-coaching is supposed to iron those out

we continued to play our fourth line when down by multiple goals late in the game-i understand rolling four lines but at some point you have to start riding your horses

this is the best team atlanta has ever had, even better than the 06 team decimated by goaltender injuries, and yet they are barely clinging to a playoff spot. i'm happy they're doing ok but on nights like tonight some of the questionable decisions our coaches make get a little frustrating

Old
12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

OT: I almost posted a bit on the AJC blog comments section but then I read 5 posts by some guy named stendec that were so stupid I almost found his address and called him for a laugh, so I'm never reading that **** again and I'd warn you guys to steer clear if you value your few remaining braincells.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
I know the last thing you guys want to see is a Bruins fan, but wow...you guys have a really good young player in Kane.

Oh yeah, Kovalchuk was dominant as usual.
thanks, we like him too

he, bogosian, and little are going to take us places even if kovalchuk isn't a part of it

Old
12-23-2009, 09:00 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Hainsey is an absolute waste. Anderson should put him on waivers, than get fired, than thats 2 mistakes ridded.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post

Weeks needs to be fired because all of his goalies have sucked worms when it comes to positioning. DW needs to find a taker for Toddler White and Anderson needs to switch Hainsey and Schubert at the very least.
I'm beginning to think Weeks has some blackmail photos, as he's stuck around for quite a long time.

Here's something to ponder about Weeks. Prior to joining the Thrashers, he was Hartford/Carolina's goalie coach. Carolina did not have the success they had until after he left (They had two playoff appearances while he was there, but were beaten in the first round both times.).

Old
12-23-2009, 09:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

actually no. without Anderson we are 5 points behind Washington for the division lead. We have a legit defense. we have consistency. we have discipline... we have a whole lot more than what this jackass brings to the table..

we still have afinogenov, we still have Peverley (did JA claim him or did Waddell?)

please i'm not talking about moving to dump and chase team, we would still have our offense. we would have everything else i mentioned above too.

yea you could tell me how you see it if JA were gone, and ill tell you how i see it. ill tell you again, again, and again, untill he proves me wrong and has this team competing on the level they SHOULD. losing games consistently isn't competing.

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-23-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old
12-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Whaddagoal

DOn't get all the John Anderson hate that is being spawned here.. To say John Anderson has to go is nuts at this point in time. The team is still in decent position as long as they can get out of this funk. It's not as if the wheels have fallen off the wagon.

And........ASF, when will the melodrama and hyperbolic comments cease? The sky seems to be falling with every single small or large mistake that a player makes or a decision a coach makes....It goes from one player to the next, the coach, the system, from one extreme to the other, let it be Hainsey, Pavelec, Anderson, whomever.... One bad play and "stop the press, game is over, we're doomed, trade the player, sit the goalie, fire the idiot coach, " etc.

Let's try to have some balance, shall we.....

I'm not saying the team doesn't have problems - certainly there are a number of them. But lets not turn this forum into more of a madhouse than it needs to be after each game. We have enough problems with the Kovalchuk situation as it is ...

Last edited by Whaddagoal: 12-23-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old
12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
actually no. without Anderson we are 5 points behind Washington for the division lead. We have a legit defense. we have consistency. we have discipline... we have a whole lot more than what this jackass brings to the table..

we still have afinogenov, we still have Peverley (did JA claim him or did Waddell?)

please i'm not talking about moving to dump and chase team, we would still have our offense. we would have everything else i mentioned above too.
So who replaced Hainsey in our Top 4, as you want to waive him. Valabik? Salmela?

Who replaces White who you want to get rid of? Slater? Machacek?

If we are so good, why do you expend so much energy talking about how much this team sucks?

It is laughable that you would think we are in the same league right now as one of the best teams in the NHL. We have 4 starters that are 23 or younger(two of them Top 4 D or Top 6 F), we lack overall team toughness, and most of our forwards are poor forecheckers.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:26 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:

Proof please? That post is just flat out frustration. Boston got smacked 7-2 last week. Should they be looking for a new coach? They are now just 3 points above us. The Sens got whacked 8-2 by Pittsburgh tonight. New coach? They are still in a playoff spot too. Get over it, it's a loss not a blow out.

The players haven't rolled over on Anderson. They outplayed Boston except for stupid play by HAINSEY, poor goaltending positioning (Pavs played the pass instead of the shot because Hainsey wasn't in position to play Savard) and a rookie mistake by Kane not picking his man up behind him.

When the team was rolling early in the year it was because of practice time. Practice time that Anderson was orchestrating. Now, the team is blowing games because the players have gotten lazy or tired. Our forwards are too small down the roster. Period.

Afinogenov would be benched (if even kept) by a defensive-minded coach. Lindy Ruff had him so deep in the doghouse because Buffalo plays a defense first system and relies on the goalie, ever since Dominic Hasek. He's loving playing here and he's positive in plus/minus. He would NOT be here if we had a "system" like the other 29 teams that didn't want to offer him a tryout.

Peverley was suggested by Anderson because of his performances in the AHL. DW picked him up on Anderson's advice as much as any of his own desires. That much was revealed last year when it was apparent that it was a great pickup.

NOW GO HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-23-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old
12-23-2009, 09:31 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

You give me proof on what you said if JA was gone... exactly you have none cause its all opinional matter. I have sort of proof. were inconsistent, were losing.

BTN why do you make it sound like i want every player who i think is doing bad gone? Just because i hate a player currently doesnt mean i want them gone. But yea Hainsey and White need to go. Hainsey can be replaced easily. Hes a turn over machine. White can be replaced easily. He just blows. Salmela would do fine in the top 4. Hainsey is nothing spetacular, Salmela might even be better who knows he was always benched for Popovic every other game.. (coaches fault again)

We are a good team with ****** coaching.

I dont want a defense minded coach, just a coach who can still draw up a system for it.

Look at Washington, there all offense and they play good defense for an explosive offensive team. Thats why they are one of the best teams in the league.

We would be a basement team if it werent for the lucky goaltending performances earlier in the season. It's starting to fade away now. Sucks doesn't it? While everyone of you thought Pavelec was this amazing Steve Mason like rookie, i was just enjoying it for the time being as i knew he would blow sooner or later.

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-23-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old
12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
So who replaced Hainsey in our Top 4, as you want to waive him. Valabik? Salmela?

Who replaces White who you want to get rid of? Slater? Machacek?
I like our team over the 82 game season but right now, the way the Thrashers started the Montreal game needs to be revisited on Defense. I don't understand why they undid the success of Bogo-Valabik and Hainsey-Schubert????

As soon as 4 and 6 go back together, it's like Dumb and Dumber. I know we can't deal Hainsey because of the horrible contract, but his time needs to be cut. I'd like to see Schubert and Bogo together and put Hainsey on the 3rd pair with Boris. Take him off PK too.

I'd put White on the block and try to pick up another center like Reasoner. Someone dependable, not too flashy but more physical. I think that should be possible. If not, waive him and let Slater play center on the 4th line and move Reasoner to the 3rd line.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:39 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I dont want to see White period. Can't we waive him? Slater > White. That's sad when Slater is > someone. We'd get a 7th round pick for White if we are lucky.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
You give me proof on what you said if JA was gone... exactly you have none cause its all opinional matter. I have sort of proof. were inconsistent, were losing.
SAY WHAT????????????

You are stating the "what ifs" by saying if Anderson was gone we'd be 5 behind Washington. How is that? and who would be the coach to assure that?

Everything I posted was fact. But I like the creation of the word, "opinional." I'll have to use it again. Maybe when I talk about "imbosols" or something.

PS...Let's keep it friendly debate, we're all fans of the same team, but don't get all defensive because more than one poster doesn't agree with your opinionals.

But we do agree that White sucks and should be goners.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:48 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Wow dude everything you stated is not fact. There IS an Afinogenov without Anderson. Why wouldn't there be, we aren;t going to change offense just get us a defense. If anything what i said are all facts. John Anderson is a ****ing disgrace go support him because all your doing is supporting the Thrashers being losers. He is an AHL coach- fact. He is a horrible NHL coach- fact. He has no defensive system- fact. He has no knowledge- fact. He has no discipline- fact.

If he were gone we would be a better team easily, not a fact its an opinion just like you stated your what if opinions. Dont act like your superior to others on this board by thinking your some God with false facts because saying Afinogenov would not be himself is not a fact not even close.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:51 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

goodnight now, gotta go make cookies and ready the beer, uh, MILK for Santa tomorrow nite.

Old
12-23-2009, 09:54 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Heres some facts id like to throw out; Our defense wouyld be 1000000000000x better. Our consistency would be , well more consistent. We would never have to worry about stupid decisions like starting the wrong goalie, or not naming the #1, or switching lines up with 4 mins left to 'protect leads'.

I swear, your adapt to losing and must like it lol. Losing is winning when it comes to Thrashers fans lol. Well you'll be in tears in a year when JA isn't here and we aren't losing anymore. Enjoy the losing while it lasts lol.

Closed Thread