HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus - Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2009, 03:52 AM
  #1
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Columbus - Vancouver

To Canucks: Nikita Filatov

To Blue Jackets: Cody Hodgson

+ bilateral change of drafts.

Vancouver has still one talent center - Jordan Schroeder.
Our problem is...either Hitch or Filatov. And I do not know Howson fires Hitch.

So, what do you think?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:54 AM
  #2
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik
 
JannikAtTheDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a van in vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,734
vCash: 500
no times a million from vancouver

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:57 AM
  #3
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs
 
chopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
No thank you. I would do Schroeder+ for Filatov though. I think Filatov would look great on Hodgson's wing in a few years

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:01 AM
  #4
Kagee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthVanCanuck View Post
No thank you. I would do Schroeder+ for Filatov though. I think Filatov would look great on Hodgson's wing in a few years
this

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:16 AM
  #5
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Schroeder not. He is too small for Hitch. If not Hodgson so nothing. Other players from Vancouver are not interesting for us (Luongo is another case I never think about his trade).

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
  #6
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
yea, I agree with the other Canuck fans, you aren't going to get Hodgson for Filatov, and it's not because it's a bad trade value wise.

It may even be a huge coup for the Canucks in the long-run, as we have no idea how serious Hodgson's back injury really is.

But the problem is that the Canucks are already very deep on wing, while needing to improve down the middle... Hodgson is the best bet in the organization to do that, and Schroeder may still be converted to wing at the NHL level. Plus, there's the risk of the KHL with Filatov, which just got bigger this season.

I don't risk the club's best prospect, in the position they need to fill with most urgency.

I also think if Filatov is traded, it'd be best for Columbus to move him to the East... and it's also unlikely (IMO) that you get a top rated prospect for him, considering that prospects are rarely traded for other prospects... he could be a key part of a deal to bring a veteran player to the Jackets, but I can't see many teams parting with prospects (unless you're willing to downgrade on talent), as such trades rarely ever happen.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
  #7
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
If it wasn't for the KHL factor I would likely do this but Filatov is such a boom or bust prospect,Hodgson is the safe pick.So I don't do it as a canucks fan.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
  #8
Vote for Rory
Registered User
 
Vote for Rory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
very interesting proposal actually. I think that it would be one of those deals that could come back to bite either team in the ass, you just never know. With Hodgson's back and with Filatov being in Russia, who knows what could happen.

From a Canucks point of view, I don't know if I would do it. We all have such high hopes for Hodgson, it would be a huge disappointment if he was delt.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:06 PM
  #9
Elliot20
Registered User
 
Elliot20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
classic example of canuck fans overrating hodgson, again.

i am a huge fan of hodgson and really think he will turn into a mike richards type player (with less grit), but there is no way you pass on this trade if offered.

filatov is a future elite talent and has the ability to score 45+ goals in this league. if people are suggesting hodgson will be a ppg (30-50 or 40-40) in his prime, then there is no way filatov will score less than that. when it comes to offence, filatov is in a different league and trust me, hodgson is one of my favourite prospects.

there's a reason why filatov was selected 4 spots ahead of hodgson regardless of the russian factor. we're not even 2 years removed from the draft. filatov will probably be the closest thing to pavel bure and you're telling me that's not a good idea?

i think gillis jumps all over this, because they are in fact bringing in an exciting player. in fact, management would probably want this deal done as soon as possible because a player like filatov will defintely sell more seats than hodgson.

filatov = more marketable

i know canuck fans are going to talk about leadership and all the intangibles hodgson brings that filatov may not. but what is this based on? is it because hodgson is canadian? filatov also captained his junior team, didnt' he?

fortunately for the canucks, columbus can't be on terms with filatov.

if there is anyone who can persuade filatov over to canada, it is gillis. did people forget about what happened to shirokov already?

Elliot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
  #10
CrackerJibbs
Registered User
 
CrackerJibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
As a Canucks fan I would do this. Hodgson is a great prospect, but Filatov has the higher ceiling and right now he's competing at a high level in the KHL while Hodgson is sidelined.

CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
  #11
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post
classic example of canuck fans overrating hodgson, again.

i am a huge fan of hodgson and really think he will turn into a mike richards type player (with less grit), but there is no way you pass on this trade if offered.

filatov is a future elite talent and has the ability to score 45+ goals in this league. if people are suggesting hodgson will be a ppg (30-50 or 40-40) in his prime, then there is no way filatov will score less than that. when it comes to offence, filatov is in a different league and trust me, hodgson is one of my favourite prospects.

there's a reason why filatov was selected 4 spots ahead of hodgson regardless of the russian factor. we're not even 2 years removed from the draft. filatov will probably be the closest thing to pavel bure and you're telling me that's not a good idea?

i think gillis jumps all over this, because they are in fact bringing in an exciting player. in fact, management would probably want this deal done as soon as possible because a player like filatov will defintely sell more seats than hodgson.

filatov = more marketable

i know canuck fans are going to talk about leadership and all the intangibles hodgson brings that filatov may not. but what is this based on? is it because hodgson is canadian? filatov also captained his junior team, didnt' he?

fortunately for the canucks, columbus can't be on terms with filatov.

if there is anyone who can persuade filatov over to canada, it is gillis. did people forget about what happened to shirokov already?
IMO I don't make this deal because of this team's lack of quality down the middle, and their depth of talent on the wings.

If Hodgson can turn into a Richards type player, that is exactly what this team needs... why would you deal that for a more offensive winger? IMO a Richards type player is more valuable to overall team success.

The Canucks currently have the following options on the wing in the top 6: Daniel Sedin, Burrows, Samuelsson, Raymond, Bernier, Grabner... past that, they still have Shirokov developing in Manitoba, and Rodin developing well in the system.

Down the middle, they have Henrik Sedin and Kesler... Hodgson and Schroeder are the only options in the system (and I still see Schroeder more as a winger at the NHL level).

and again, if Hodgson can actually turn into a Richards type player, that's a great compliment to the other pieces they already have.

That's why I hold on to Hodgson... Filatov does have more offensive talent, but Hodgson plays a position which we are weak in, brings the type of intangibles we need, and doesn't have the KHL leverage to use.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
  #12
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
wow, I'm genuinely surprised that some Canucks fans would take this. I would do it every day of the week.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM
  #13
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
wow, I'm genuinely surprised that some Canucks fans would take this. I would do it every day of the week.
Would you guys do Bieksa + 1 st for Filatov

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
  #14
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Would you guys do Bieksa + 1 st for Filatov
personally, I would heavily consider it. I'm a big Bieksa fan.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  #15
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Didn't Hodgson injure his back badly?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:16 PM
  #16
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Didn't Hodgson injure his back badly?
Yeah,so whats your point.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
  #17
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
wow, I'm genuinely surprised that some Canucks fans would take this. I would do it every day of the week.
Only possible reason Canucks don't do this trade is maybe they are afraid Filatov leaves the NHL for the KHL.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
  #18
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
personally, I would heavily consider it. I'm a big Bieksa fan.
Thats would be sweet Canucks future top 9

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Schroeder-Hodgson-Filatov
Raymond-Kesler-Grabner

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:18 PM
  #19
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Didn't Hodgson injure his back badly?
badly enough that he hasn't played yet this season, and was not able to play in the WJC either. An injury that keeps a player off the ice for that many months, seems fairly serious to me.

The positive is that he's still very young, and as such has a better chance of rehabbing it back to 100%. And another positive is that while still injured he still showed up to Canucks camp (injury happened in the offseason), and while he didn't play well enough to make the team, he still looked pretty good out there overall... his lack of speed - being able to take it to another gear, which he has been able to do before, was very noticeable though in camp, and what ultimately kept him off the roster.

Looks like he just wants to take as much time off as possible to make sure he's back to 100%, but an injury this long has to be concerning... not to mention missing half a year already at a key development age.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:21 PM
  #20
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Only possible reason Canucks don't do this trade is maybe they are afraid Filatov leaves the NHL for the KHL.
Yeah that is probably the main reason I wouldn't do this trade,I like Filatov as much as the next guy,but Hodgson is the safer prospect.What if Filatov does a Radulov we would be screwed.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:21 PM
  #21
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Only possible reason Canucks don't do this trade is maybe they are afraid Filatov leaves the NHL for the KHL.
or maybe because he's a winger, and the Canucks weakest position is at center, while their deepest position in the organization is on wing?

but reasons like that - where teams actually consider where players fit and what other options they have - don't really mean anything, right?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:25 PM
  #22
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
or maybe because he's a winger, and the Canucks weakest position is at center, while their deepest position in the organization is on wing?

but reasons like that - where teams actually consider where players fit and what other options they have - don't really mean anything, right?
I think the whole winger/center thing is BS to be honest. If you have a chance to get a young elite level prospect, you do it regardless if we are "deep at wing" or not.

However, in this case, the Russian factor comes in and that spooks me.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
  #23
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Would you guys do Bieksa + 1 st for Filatov
where do i sign and how quickly can I get him to dallas?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
  #24
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
where do i sign and how quickly can I get him to dallas?
wow I never new the Jackets would do this.I thought I would be ripped by Jackets fans guess not.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
  #25
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I think the whole winger/center thing is BS to be honest. If you have a chance to get a young elite level prospect, you do it regardless if we are "deep at wing" or not.

However, in this case, the Russian factor comes in and that spooks me.
I agree to an extend... if you can get Filatov for Bieksa and a 1st, you'd do it... but we're not talking adding an elite level winger prospect at no expense... you're dealing away an elite level center prospect - which is a position of much greater need - for an elite level winger prospect, which is a position the Canucks are set in right now.

I'd have no problem dealing away any of the other prospects in our system for Filatov... I just wouldn't deal our best prospect, who's also an elite quality prospect, that addresses a huge weakness for this team, for an elite level prospect in another position.

IMO Hodgson's back injury vs. Filatov's KHL options puts each prospect in risk category... however, both are still elite prospects overall, and personally I keep the one that address a big hole, rather than add one to a position of strength.

If the Jackets want Bieksa, or Schroeder, or Grabner, etc, I'd love to take that risk on Filatov... as things stand I'm more comfortable keeping the risk in Hodgson.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.