HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist is our Team MVP for the Month of December

Old
12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Lundqvist is our Team MVP for the Month of December

Just an appreciation thread for Henrik Lundqvist. The guy has been unreal for us and a big reason why we have won four in a row. There was a lot of negativity surrounding him when he had a brief struggle but he bounced back like I knew he would. Definitely our December MVP in my opinion. He deserves a thread at this point where people just speak positive about him. He'll need to keep up the solid work for us to make the playoffs. Unbelievable he has only had five wins in this stretch with those kind of numbers. Regardless, he has given us a chance to win every game this month and has come up with dozens of clutch saves.

5 - 3 - 2

.949S%

1.68GAA

33.6 SA/GAME

Not only Rangers MVP for the month of December but could he have been the best player in the NHL for the month of December? I'm not sure about that but he should be given consideration.

On a side note, he now ranks 8th in the NHL in Save Percentage and the only starters in front of him are Miller, Kiprusoff, Bryzgalov, and Nabokov.

Fataldogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:52 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Wow...those stats are incredible....Funny how DEC is usually his **** the bed month...guess he got that out of the way a month early this year

Funny how a few posters were saying hes have a bad year but really all of his stats are better then they have been in his career...what does he have like a .923 save % for the year now?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:46 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Wow...those stats are incredible....Funny how DEC is usually his **** the bed month...guess he got that out of the way a month early this year

Funny how a few posters were saying hes have a bad year but really all of his stats are better then they have been in his career...what does he have like a .923 save % for the year now?
.921%

Still an amazing number.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:58 AM
NYR MacTruck

and our MVP for all of last year. but that goes unsaid

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hes moved from ~22nd in the NHL to 8th in the NHL in SV% over the past ~6-8 games.

That's incredible.

Henrik was mediocre about a month ago, and turned on the jets over the past few games...hope he can keep it up though.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

3-0-0, 1.00, .971 in last 3 GPI

Christ.... .971 is frikkin insane.

Old
12-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you know whats the amazing think about Henrik? He's still only 27 years old. Sheesh.

Old
12-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Chimp

We all (well, most of us) knew Lundqvist would turn it around, he's too competitive (stubborn) and too skilled to refuse to have a bad season, regardless of what's in front. Hence no reason to be worried about him when he has bad stretches.

A big part of what has improved his play is, he seems to skate out to the far end of his crease far more often than before. Allaire and Hank has probably adjusted his "deep in net" strategy a little bit. What took them so long? And yeah, he is so focused out there, he makes a bomb defuser look sloppy.

That, and that he's sick and tired of losing. Lundqvist is one of the leaders on this team for sure. He was one of those who called for a player meeting after the Isles loss and he was apparently one of the most vocal speakers on that meeting.

The only trouble is the workload, but Lundqvist has repeatedly said in interviews that he's fine. He's fit enough to handle the workload physically, it's mentally that it's tough, especially if you're losing.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

He must have been working on his glove hand, because the 2 saves he made last night were great.

If he can consistently make glove saves like that, he won't have much of a weakness.

He's been great... win 158!

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:10 AM
ck20

hank's been our MVP since we got him and i pitch a tent whenever i see him make a nice save. sometimes i wish i could kiss him on the forehead, but i digress.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:26 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

He's more than half way to Richters win totals (301) in like a 1/4 of the seasons played. Pretty damn good.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:53 AM
ZacUSNYR

I have a man crush on the guy. I hope he plays on the 26th because i'm going down to MSG for my first Rangers game ever and I want to see him play. Hope for some reason we don't decide to play Johnson, i'm dead smack in between two AHL franchises and have seen Johnson play already. I WANT HANK!

ZacUSNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
.921%

Still an amazing number.
No, it's .923 after last night.

It's amazing...that's a fantastic save %, yet he's still 8th in the league. Goalie stats are freaking incredible this year. I'm sure they'll come back down to earth by the end of the season, but still.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 04:29 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
I have a man crush on the guy. I hope he plays on the 26th because i'm going down to MSG for my first Rangers game ever and I want to see him play. Hope for some reason we don't decide to play Johnson, i'm dead smack in between two AHL franchises and have seen Johnson play already. I WANT HANK!
ahh enjoy it! msg is incredible and you'll definitely be in for a treat if hank's between the pipes. i might be going to the same game or the one on the 30th and have gone to games on october 14th for my birthday and one of the islander games a week ago and it makes me so depressed i don't have a job to go to every game.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Nick00

I've never questioned the skill and intensity of Lundqvist, I just wish he could find consistency.
Then he'll be truly elite.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Emptyvoid

And the guy is 2nd in saves, jesus christ. And a lot of those saves aren't easy ones too, Lundy faces so many high quality chances.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:15 PM
KRM

Despite the slump I think he has had a good year.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
He must have been working on his glove hand, because the 2 saves he made last night were great.

If he can consistently make glove saves like that, he won't have much of a weakness.

He's been great... win 158!
If you think he has magically worked on his glove hand to improve over two weeks, you're fooling yourself. Again: look at where he is positioned when he makes those saves. His glove hand is neither better nor worse than it was before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
And the guy is 2nd in saves, jesus christ. And a lot of those saves aren't easy ones too, Lundy faces so many high quality chances.
There's a reason Hank has consistently been in the absolute top in the league in save percentage if you compensate with the number of high quality scoring chances he faces at an average. The regular nhl stats isn't even close at taking that into account. A weak, bad angled, non-screened wrist shot from the blueline is just as good in save percentages as a breakaway, despite a breakaway has an immensely higher chance of resulting in a goal.

This is the reason why the NHL awards solely being based on stats is kind of ridiculous.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-24-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:50 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No, it's .923 after last night.
ESPN has him at .921%

Whatever. The guy deserves so many more wins than he has right now, and knowing Hank's competitiveness, he'll get them.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
ESPN has him at .921%

Whatever. The guy deserves so many more wins than he has right now, and knowing Hank's competitiveness, he'll get them.

Old
12-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Cermi

Quote:
ESPN has him at .921%

ESPN in no better than TSN. Hank is on .923% and that's it!

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 07:31 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
ESPN has him at .921%

Not sure where exactly you are seeing that. These links all say .923%

http://espn.go.com/nhl/teams/stats?team=nyr
http://espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3081
http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...0/seasontype/2

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:43 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
you know whats the amazing think about Henrik? He's still only 27 years old. Sheesh.
Well, yeah. But it ain't like there's a 5th gear he's not getting to until he's 30. He ain't gonna get much better, if at all.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Well, yeah. But it ain't like there's a 5th gear he's not getting to until he's 30. He ain't gonna get much better, if at all.
You say that... but since he's gotten back onto his game his glove hand has been OUTSTANDING in comparison to normal. It's a mental game as well. His reflexs could slow down and his game still improve. That's why its soooooo hard to draft quality goalies and that's why we were able to draft Hank in the 7th round. You never know how goalies progress because it's so hard to judge goalies mentally. His ability to read plays, read the players, understand the game, understand positioning, understand what to do and when and what angles are needed to cut off as much of the goal as possible while still being able to recover if the player moves the puck quickly. All these require little athleticism. It's as much a mental game as it is a physical.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:44 AM
bumrusherer

He's been team MVP since he has been with the club as a Rookie.

He never has been the problem and for a good while longer, never will be the problem. Appreciate what we have because plenty of teams would love him as their #1.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote