HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Attendance: I Know they Were Just Exhibitions but...

Old
12-26-2009, 12:33 AM
flames123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Umm no. They played Finland in Calgary and you could hear a pin drop. Same type of atmosphere at Flames games.
Umm....... are you serious? Hearing a pin dop in the Dome? Impossible. (at flames games).

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Umm....... are you serious? Hearing a pin dop in the Dome? Impossible. (at flames games).
I haven't been there in person but it sure sounds quiet on TV. I dont really see any fans cheering except when the Flames score and sometimes here a few when a good hit is thrown. (reg season)

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:43 AM
digger18

The game in Calgary looked fairly packed on TV.

I noticed a few empty seats in both the Sask games...That being said the tickets could have been bought, and people just decided not to brave the weather to attend a meaningless game that was on TV anyway.

I would bet that they still had more buns in the seats than the average Thrashers or Coyotes game.

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:28 AM
BlackAces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
I haven't been there in person but it sure sounds quiet on TV. I dont really see any fans cheering except when the Flames score and sometimes here a few when a good hit is thrown. (reg season)
I have been to the Saddledome for a few games and I never found it to be overly loud.

I also know a few people who went to the games in Regina, and they didn't have any problem driving.

BlackAces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Hipfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
The game in Calgary looked fairly packed on TV.

I noticed a few empty seats in both the Sask games...That being said the tickets could have been bought, and people just decided not to brave the weather to attend a meaningless game that was on TV anyway.

I would bet that they still had more buns in the seats than the average Thrashers or Coyotes game.
In Calgary, they knew where to pan the cameras that night as all of the last-minute tickets were sold in about 2-3 sections. It was a very strange crowd as a good collection of people who were there originally had purchased the tickets because they wanted to watch the Olympic Scrimmage back in August. (the 3 pack deal as mentioned above)

It'll definitely be a different crowd, a rowdier crowd in 2012 in that venue when the WJC plays in the Saddledome.

Hipfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:06 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
The crowds will be fine once they get to Saskatoon.

Regina is crap.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote