HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict What Will Happen First

View Poll Results: What big thing will happen to change things?
Hitch will be fired 1 1.49%
Hitch will step aside 1 1.49%
Change among the Asst Coaches 2 2.99%
Jackets go on a win streak 3 4.48%
Big Trade 6 8.96%
Nothing, I don't think significant change will happen anytime soon. 39 58.21%
A change will happen, but it won't save the season. 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-24-2009, 06:47 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Predict What Will Happen First

Poll: What Big Change Will Happen First to change things?

Last edited by JACKETfan: 12-24-2009 at 06:54 AM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:48 AM
BluejacketNut

We lose more games

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Skraut

Someone posts a picture with Hitch with the Stanley Cup

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:58 AM
CapnCornelius

Nothing is going to happen in the short term. And soon enough all realistic possibility of the playoffs will be gone, so then the excuse to do nothing will be "well, we're not going to make the playoffs this year, so what's the point." (And the reality will be that our stingy owners don't want to spend any more money realizing they won't make it back in the gate this year.) But we still won't do poorly enough to draft better than 5th-7th.

We'll wait until the end of the year and fire Hitch and/or Howson. Then we will get off to a slow start next year and everyone will say "you have to give the new guy(s) time to build their kind of team." That excuse will last about 3 years and then the cycle will repeat itself.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:14 AM
BluejacketNut

Well, with back to backs against Detroit and 1 against Nashville, the playoffs are gone. Ohh, there's 1 against the Islanders, so there's still a ray of hope of winning 2 games in Dec!! But then, Taveras will probably end up with a hatty and we'll lose 3-1, thus I would have to assume, giving us the worst month record in franchise history

Old
12-24-2009, 07:37 AM
jacketsgeek
What's that sound?

100% chance we'll start another thread for people to whine and piss and moan...

jacketsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:46 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsgeek View Post
100% chance we'll start another thread for people to whine and piss and moan...
You must be content in winning twice in 17 games, enjoy

Old
12-24-2009, 08:26 AM
blahblah

Howson will probably make a minor move or two, but no one will want our garbage and he doesn't seem to want to trade value for value (at least he doesn't seem to like to trade anythng he values) And we're not in a posistion to take on much payroll.

So more of the same it seems.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 12-24-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: qdp
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Howson will make a move that does nothing. He makes this move to try to appease his critics, and because Priest told him to do something to try to save face. It will be a big lumbering dman, kind of like Commodore. Howie is kicking himself for not grabbing Ward off of waivers last week.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:48 AM
jacketsgeek
What's that sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
You must be content in winning twice in 17 games, enjoy
Of course I am!

I'm as frustrated as any fan. This is my favorite team in all of sports.

It is completely ignorant to think that because I don't sit around second guessing the coach, calling the best player on the team 'fat and lazy', and crying about players who aren't here either because we traded them, sent them back to Russia, or didn't/couldn't sign them equates to the fact that I am 'content' in winning twice in 17 games.

There's about ten threads here all dedicated to these subjects. I can put them on ignore but, somebody will start another and make it a poll...

jacketsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:49 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Of course I am!

It is completely ignorant to think that because I don't sit around second guessing the coach, calling the best player on the team 'fat and lazy', and crying about players who aren't here either because we traded them, sent them back to Russia, or didn't/couldn't sign them equates to the fact that I am 'content' in winning twice in 17 games.

There's about ten threads here all dedicated to these subjects. I can put them on ignore but, somebody will start another and make it a poll...
Are you really surprised though? This isnt out first journey into the circle of suck, people are fed up. Its not like we've only lost 3 of 7, 2 in FREAKIN 17!!!!!!!

Old
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

Why do anything? We are only 8 oints out of the last playoff spot. We should all be tickled pink!

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
Why do anything? We are only 8 oints out of the last playoff spot. We should all be tickled pink!
Because the organeyezation wants the 6th pick, they dont want to look like all of the other losers that tank!

Old
12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Of course I am!

You're taking this way too seriously geek. The point is to have some fun in the middle of a dreadful dry spell.

This thread is about what you GUESS will happen next.
It's not meant to replace all the pissing and moaning threads.

...and the winner gets a prize.

Old
12-24-2009, 12:30 PM
EDM

Back to back against Wings means probably 2 more losses. So we could be 2-18 by Tuesday a.m. A minor trade is announced on Monday before the home Wings game. We finish off the year with a New Year's defeat from the Preds. We struggle to the end of the season. Near the end of the season we have a five game win streak. Finish 12th. Everything is fine because we "jelled" at the end. The official talking point is how different the year would have been if we had that five game win streak in December. Howson talks about his draft target with the seventh pick. Raffi Torres looks forward to next season with an NHL team. PSL renewals plummet. Management counters by offering 2 free season tickets for every season ticket renewal you buy. Rick Nash recovers from playing in the Olympics. Commie says he is committed to a new off-season work out regime. Filatov says he is staying in Russia for another year.

What did I miss? Oh yeah, somehow Klesla gets hurt again.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
It's the Blue Jackets we're talking about here. Nothing will happen. Nothing other than losing games.

EDIT: Actually, I think you absolutely nailed it, EDM. Congrats on the chilling vision of things to come!

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Ownership sells the team to an owner who is committed to putting a product on the ice that can compete thus winning some games. The new owners spend to the cap and fans come back in droves. It is rosy again in Jacketland.

Old
12-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Ownership sells the team to an owner who is committed to putting a product on the ice that can compete thus winning some games. The new owners spend to the cap and fans come back in droves. It is rosy again in Jacketland.
And then monkeys fly out my a..............................er, ear.........

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

In a perfect world, this team would be sold to someone or a group of someones that:

1: Would be just as committed to keeping this team long term in the Columbus area.

and

2: Would have a better idea or a better plan on how to run an NHL franchise from the get go.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:49 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

As i know the most of us are "optimists".

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 07:40 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I would like to suggest that SKRAUT use this song in his "mid-season highlight video."

Unfortunately, the song is longer than we have highlights for, but I'm sure he'll think of something.

EDM: your prediction was brilliant

Old
12-25-2009, 08:30 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Someone posts a picture with Hitch with the Stanley Cup

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:35 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Back to back against Wings means probably 2 more losses. So we could be 2-18 by Tuesday a.m. A minor trade is announced on Monday before the home Wings game. We finish off the year with a New Year's defeat from the Preds. We struggle to the end of the season. Near the end of the season we have a five game win streak. Finish 12th. Everything is fine because we "jelled" at the end. The official talking point is how different the year would have been if we had that five game win streak in December. Howson talks about his draft target with the seventh pick. Raffi Torres looks forward to next season with an NHL team. PSL renewals plummet. Management counters by offering 2 free season tickets for every season ticket renewal you buy. Rick Nash recovers from playing in the Olympics. Commie says he is committed to a new off-season work out regime. Filatov says he is staying in Russia for another year.

What did I miss? Oh yeah, somehow Klesla gets hurt again.
Don't forget that somehow a rumor will get started involving the Jackets and Marleau around the trade deadline, then heat up again around draft time.... Modin will get injured again, and somehow, people will forget he even played at all this season.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Don't forget that somehow a rumor will get started involving the Jackets and Marleau around the trade deadline, then heat up again around draft time.... Modin will get injured again, and somehow, people will forget he even played at all this season.
you forgot how we'll be after all of the top FA's but actually make an offer to none of them...instead get a "prime defenseman that can step in and help right away" that maybe 3 of us have heard of

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote