HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs projected Cap / line-up in 2010-2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2010, 10:29 AM
  #351
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
47 PTS. was his first full season in the league, so that doesn't count.

I will agree that the 39 points was a disaster, but do you have many fond memories from the 08-09 season?

Do you honestly think that he will get 39 points playing a full season with Cammalleri?
His first season (69 games) he had 29 pts. Eller will have more than 39 pts with Cammalleri too.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:33 AM
  #352
Oleg Petrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
His first season (69 games) he had 29 pts. Eller will have more than 39 pts with Cammalleri too.
I said first FULL season.

I'm not comfortable making Eller the 2nd line center without at least seeing him in Training camp.

I'd prefer that he plays wing in the top 6, next year (11-12).

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
  #353
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
I really think that we should try to sign Éric Bélanger. He's a very reliable third or fourth line center, very good for winning faceoff and puts up consistent numbers each year. Plus, he already said that he would like to come to Montreal, and not only because nobody else wants him.

However, my wet dream would be getting Marleau. Or trading for Horton.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
  #354
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
69 games is not a full season ? There is 82 games ! He played 85 % of the games this year.

I understand you with Eller but it's a guess

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:45 AM
  #355
Oleg Petrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
69 games is not a full season ? There is 82 games ! He played 85 % of the games this year.

I understand you with Eller but it's a guess
I agree, 67 games is basically a full season. However, I don't think you can use it as a comparable, in 05-06 Plekanec was playing on the 3rd line and killed penalties. He got limited to no PP time, and as a point of reference Kovalev was the leading scorer with 65 points.

If you told me he was seeing ice time like he did in the last 3 seasons then I would agree, but that simply wasn't the case.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 01:27 PM
  #356
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
With the Flyers actally getting Hamhuis and likely to sign him before July 1st, there are no financial excuses for Gauthier to just stay put and not do anything.

I hope he realizes we have to build in function of next season, and that there are good options on the market right now. Just be creative just for once, FFS.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
  #357
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
This line-up assumes a cap hit of 58.5 and involves buying out Hamrlik before the trade deadline at 2/3 x 5.5million over two years=1.83million cap hit for seasons 2010-11 and 2011-12.
With the savings from Plekanec's potential $6million contract and Hamrlik 5.5million buy-out=$1.83million and with the acquisition of Ellers to replace Plekanec at second line centre we can afford to sign superstar Ilya Kovalchuk and Johnny Boychuck.
How about trading Markov to a team that just might think he is the missing piece to get over the top: Washington. Send AK46 with him, he got a hat trick in the playoffs against them.

Markov & AK46 for Laich & Fehr, giving us some size and secondary scoring.

Pick up Kaberle for Sergei K and Travis Moen. Burkie likes Moen and Sergei could fit in Toronto's Top 6.

Re-sign Pleks 6 yrs and Moore 2 yrs. Go get Frolov.

Hamrlik will hold the fort for Markov one last time, then move on after this season.

Look at how balanced the team below is, with 3 lines that can score and a terrific defensive 4th line that was worth its weight in gold in the playoffs. We would still retain tons of flexibility for future years with over-30 guys coming off the cap as follows:

2011 Hamrlik, Gill, Kaberle
2012 Spacek, Moore
2014 Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta
2016 Plekanec

2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Benoit Pouliot ($1.000m) - Scott Gomez ($7.357m) - Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) - Tomas Plekanec ($4.500m) - Alex Frolov ($4.000m)
Brooks Laich ($2.067m) - Lars Eller ($1.271m) - Eric Fehr ($1.500m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.550m) - Dominic Moore ($1.500m) - Maxim Lapierre ($0.840m)
Brock Trotter ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m) - P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) - Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) - Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($1.200m) - Curtis Sanford OR Other Backup ($0.600m)

BUYOUTS
Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 23; CAP:$58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.635m; CAP ROOM: $1.590m BONUSES: $0.425m

There is even enough cap room left to acquire a deadline veteran where needed, too.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 06-19-2010 at 02:09 PM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
  #358
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
If Markov was to be dealt to Washington, I wouldn't want anything less than Carlson or Alzner.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:22 PM
  #359
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
There's no way Burke trades Kaberle for a bottom 6 forward and an unproven player who has attitude problems.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:26 PM
  #360
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
If Markov was to be dealt to Washington, I wouldn't want anything less than Carlson or Alzner.

Markov has one year to go to UFA again. I don't think anyone would give up super D prospects with 5 or 6 years left before UFA status in exchange for Markov. Of course I would take one of them!

I proposed to target Laich and Fehr in order to address the real need for size up front and secondary scoring. And to make up for the loss of Markov, Kaberle helps, especially on the PP. I'm not sure, but feel that perhaps Markov has lost a step in terms of overall D play, and he was never physical, but his PP contributions cannot be ignored.

My lineup addresses the PP, and adds size and scoring.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:28 PM
  #361
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
There's no way Burke trades Kaberle for a bottom 6 forward and an unproven player who has attitude problems.
Don't underestimate Burke's love for a player of Moen's type. Doublts on Sergei i can understand, but he is cheap and could possibly break into their top-6. If he doesn't, not much damage is done. Do we need to throw a Maxwell in, too? I guess we can now that Eller is on board.

I might be surprised of course, it's happened before (LOL!) but I don't think Kaberle will fetch an enormous return for Burke when he has only one year left on his contract and he commands a fairly high salary.

To get a large return you need to trade someone whose on-ice value exceeds his salary.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:31 PM
  #362
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
Burke's not crazy. He knows how valuable a puck-moving defenseman can be in today's NHL. For Kabby, Pierre Gauthier would probably base a deal around this year's 1st round pick and a good prospect (like Max Pacioretty).

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:56 PM
  #363
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
I don't if Nashville would be willing to part with him but J.P Dumont would look good in our lineup. Swap him for A.K.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:01 PM
  #364
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
I don't if Nashville would be willing to part with him but J.P Dumont would look good in our lineup. Swap him for A.K.
plz no.This guy is soft as ****.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  #365
Smoke Monster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
How about trading Markov to a team that just might think he is the missing piece to get over the top: Washington. Send AK46 with him, he got a hat trick in the playoffs against them.

Markov & AK46 for Laich & Fehr, giving us some size and secondary scoring.

Pick up Kaberle for Sergei K and Travis Moen. Burkie likes Moen and Sergei could fit in Toronto's Top 6.

Re-sign Pleks 6 yrs and Moore 2 yrs. Go get Frolov.

Hamrlik will hold the fort for Markov one last time, then move on after this season.

Look at how balanced the team below is, with 3 lines that can score and a terrific defensive 4th line that was worth its weight in gold in the playoffs. We would still retain tons of flexibility for future years with over-30 guys coming off the cap as follows:

2011 Hamrlik, Gill, Kaberle
2012 Spacek, Moore
2014 Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta
2016 Plekanec

2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Benoit Pouliot ($1.000m) - Scott Gomez ($7.357m) - Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) - Tomas Plekanec ($4.500m) - Alex Frolov ($4.000m)
Brooks Laich ($2.067m) - Lars Eller ($1.271m) - Eric Fehr ($1.500m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.550m) - Dominic Moore ($1.500m) - Maxim Lapierre ($0.840m)
Brock Trotter ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m) - P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) - Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) - Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($1.200m) - Curtis Sanford OR Other Backup ($0.600m)

BUYOUTS
Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 23; CAP:$58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.635m; CAP ROOM: $1.590m BONUSES: $0.425m

There is even enough cap room left to acquire a deadline veteran where needed, too.
I don't think we will get anything comparable to Markov at his 5.75 cap hit, which I consider a bargain. Besides he has at least 4 or 5 good years left and we could resign him at a bargain cap hit for the remainder of his career.

As far as the Kostitsyn brothers are concerned we won't get anything comparable to what they are really worth. Andrei's value is at an all time low: incosistent scorer and weak defensively. Maybe on a line with Kovalchuk he'll wake up? We are better off keeping Andrei Kostitsyn and hope he has a break out year and trade him when his value is high. Besides Andrei can easily score 25 goals a season, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Frolov is not worth more than 3.5 million. He is strong at protecting the puck, and would be usefull setting up players like Cammalleri. I'd like him on a line with Cammalleri at a decent cap hit.

I like Brooks Laich but there's no way I'd trade Markov for him and Fehr. We'd have to overpay to get them.

I'd rather have Markov to Kaberle. Burke would want a lot more than Moen or pariah S.K.. Kaberle is not worth 4million, why do you think Burke is trying to get rid of him; and he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. Besides, MAB was more productive than Kaberle on the pp at the fraction of the price - only 775,000.

I think Plekanec will be asking for a lot more than 4.5million or else we would have already signed him. I think the reason we traded Halak for Ellers is because Plekanec was asking to much and we need Ellers to replace him. If this is the case than it opens up our roster for an elite player like Kovalchuk. He would be the perfect addition to the team. If Plekanec leaves and we buyout Harmlik at a 1.83 cap hit for two seasons we can easily afford Kovalchuk. Imagine how much better our 5-5 F/A stats would be with him on our team. The habs are in 21st place as far as 5 on 5 play is concerned. If we got Kovalchuk it would put us among the top 10 teams or better for 5 on 5 play. With Kovalchuk our pp is sure to be 1st in the league.

But I'd much rather have Kovalchuk or Markov on my team than any of the following: Frolov, Laich, Fehr, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kaberle, Hamrlik.

We should acquire Scott Nichol for the pk, he's one of the best.


Last edited by Smoke Monster: 06-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:29 PM
  #366
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Markov has one year to go to UFA again. I don't think anyone would give up super D prospects with 5 or 6 years left before UFA status in exchange for Markov. Of course I would take one of them!

I proposed to target Laich and Fehr in order to address the real need for size up front and secondary scoring. And to make up for the loss of Markov, Kaberle helps, especially on the PP. I'm not sure, but feel that perhaps Markov has lost a step in terms of overall D play, and he was never physical, but his PP contributions cannot be ignored.

My lineup addresses the PP, and adds size and scoring.
I understand but there's no way PG trades Markov for so little when he can simply give him an extension.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 05:27 PM
  #367
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Here's a question I don't think anyone has asked. Cammalleri played center with Frolov on his wing in LA. People have mentioned getting Frolov but what about playing Cammalleri at center again? The right wing slot then becomes easier to fill with Eller. He can play both wing and center and playing with these two skilled guys may help him out more than having to have the responsibility of centering a 2nd line. This way we could ease him in. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get Frolov's rights for a mix of the Kostitsyn brothers. I'd try to target Jack Johnson though I think that there's little chance of that.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
  #368
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Wheeler
Pouliot - Eller - Pacioretty
Moen - Moore - Lapierre

Markov - Volchenkov
Gorges - Gill
Spacek - Subban

Price
Turco

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:59 PM
  #369
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
We should rename this thread the ideal NHL 10 line-up of Smoke Monster.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
  #370
clarke19
Registered User
 
clarke19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Smoke Monster, we're not getting Kovy... and you undervalue the worth of every free agent we sign.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
  #371
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
lol @ Scott Nichol .... that's the midget Laps tossed to the boards...

He's Gio size

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:14 PM
  #372
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go
 
We Want The 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
my nhl 10 lineup



Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Eller-Pacioretty
Pyatt-Moore-Moen
Boogard-Lapierre-White

Trotter


Markov-Volchankov
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

O'byrne


Price
Biron


bought out Hamrlik , Laraque and Andrei Kostitsyn
wasnt left with enough money to acquire the extra top 6 forward i wanted because i had to give Price 4.9 million and some small raises to other "Upcoming free agents" but i love it if i could change something its probably replace Pacioretty with Sharp

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
  #373
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
4.9m per year to Price? or 4.9m total for x years?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
  #374
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Smoke Monster, we're not getting Kovy... and you undervalue the worth of every free agent we sign.
Why not? Did he say he wasn't going to sign with Montreal?

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:47 PM
  #375
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go
 
We Want The 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
4.9m per year to Price? or 4.9m total for x years?

ahhh dont remamber i think it was 4 had no choice Plekanec on the other hand asked for 3 million but i dont think pleks is coming back so i let him go and no one signed him nhl10 free agent system is terrible

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.