HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs projected Cap / line-up in 2010-2011

Old
05-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Don't understand the man-crushes for Lombardi in this thread.
Il peut parler le francais, osti!

Just for ***** and giggles.

Pouliot (1.5 mill) Gomez (7.3) Gionta (5)
Cammalleri (6) XXXXXX Clowe (3.5)
Moen (1.5) Belanger/Malhotra(1.3) Armstrong (3)
White (0.850) Lapierre (1) Pyatt (1)
Stafford (1.9) Laraque (1.5)

Markov (5.75) O'bryne (.940)
Spacek (3.8) Subban (0.875)
Gill (2.25) Gorges (1.1)
Hamrlik (5.5)

Price/Halak
Backup (0.500)

Total = 56.065

This is based on:
Andrei Kostitsyn for Drew Stafford (though, I don't have Stafford in the lineup, as we'd need a 2nd line centre more than great winger depth.)
A goalie to San Jose for Ryane Clowe
FA signings in Armstrong, Belanger/Malhotra, backup.

The total does not include what Price/Halak would get. It includes Laraque's full contract and Hamrlik's full contract.
THe price of the 2nd line centre.

Though, with Laraque's cost cut down to .600 is it for the buyout. Stafford's 1.9 mill included into the centres cost and Hamrlik gone, this team could fit underneath the cap and be competitive imo.

Though, realistically, I see this team staying virtually the same. Signing one guy who will be on the team.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 07:07 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

vCash: 500
[ TRADES ]

To STL: Halak, rights to Plakanec - conditional pick or prospect (Maxwell, Weber, Fischer) IF Pleks does not sign - and Hamrlik
To MTL: David Perron and Roman Polak
Reasoning: STL has no blue chip prospect in goal and their current duo is aging. They need just about everything upfront especially with the loss of Kariya and Tkachuk. They have a young defensive corp in need of seasoning and mentoring.

Others: Clowe and Malhotra would be a good pick up also.

[ DRAFT ]

Trade the K-bros to either get higher in this draft (top ten maybe, after that pretty meager) or the next.

[ UFA ]
Martin Biron: 2 years, 1.75M/per
Patrick Marleau: 5 years, 6M/per

Reasoning: I know, I know...Marleau...pipe dream...but seing how things are not materialising in SJ, better seek an up and coming team like MTL that needs your services.

Others: Armstrong would also be a good pick up at not more than 2M/per

[ ROSTER ]

Gionta (5.0) - Gomez (7.27) - Pouliot (0.850)
Perron (2.250) - Marleau (6.0) - Cammallleri (6.0)
Pacioretty (0.875) - Moore (1.350) - Moen (1.5)
Lapierre (0.850) - Pyatt (0.850) - White (0.850)
Darche (0.650)

Markov (5.75) - Polak (1.1)
Gorges (1.1) - Subban (0.850)
Spacek (3.8) - O'Byrne (0.942)
Gill (2.25)

Price (2.2)
Biron (1.75)

Size: 23 men
Cap estimate: 58.8 (as eluded by Bettman)
Cap payroll: 55.217
Cap space: 3.797

Enough cap space to realign if necessary and flexibility for callups.

Two question marks:
1) Markov, will he be as effective as his usual self after his injury: can he still log a ton of minute or must we seek a diminished role for him (who becomes no.1 D). This is a very important intangible.
2) Pacioretty would be better off in Hamilton. But this is the cost of having a rich plethora of top 6 forwards. You have to skim down the bottom six and bring your prospect a bit earlier.

Last edited by crazyd: 05-31-2010 at 07:14 AM.
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 08:05 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
[ DRAFT ]

Trade the K-bros to either get higher in this draft (top ten maybe, after that pretty meager) or the next.
I laughed ... out-loud.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 09:16 AM
otto bond

What I really liked to see for next year.

Sign C. Armstrong
Let Plekanec walk or get a pick for his rights
trade Andrei with our 1st round to the Pens for Staal(Gives the Pens some salary space)
Trade Hamrlik to LA for JamesWisniewski
Get Avstin here.
sign Moore
Sign all RFA

Line up

Avstin-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Staal-C Armstrong
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Sergei-Poo-White

Markov-J.W.
Subban-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

Some will say why Avstin on the 1st....my answer is simple, put him there and see if he really is what I think he his.....a sniper with size that skates like the wind strong on the puck and backchecks hard. a little homer too I guess.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post

Sign C. Armstrong
trade Andrei with our 1st round to the Pens for Staal(Gives the Pens some salary space)
Get Avstin here.
sign Moore
Sign all RFA

Line up

Avstin-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Staal-C Armstrong
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Sergei-Poo-White

Markov-J.W.
Subban-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

Some will say why Avstin on the 1st....my answer is simple, put him there and see if he really is what I think he his.....a sniper with size that skates like the wind strong on the puck and backchecks hard. a little homer too I guess.
Avitsin isn't ready and James Wiesnewski plays for Anaheim.

Old
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Avitsin isn't ready and James Wiesnewski plays for Anaheim.
Define ready? and yes you are right about JW...don't know why I said LA wen I was thinking Ducks......
The way I see it, lines combo for JM are Duos and I think a Kid like him would develop better with Gomez and Gionta. Sure some night he could have a limited minutes but those minutes should be more or less on the top unit. I also believe that he would fair much better then Pac but its my opinion.

Old
05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Define ready? and yes you are right about JW...don't know why I said LA wen I was thinking Ducks......
The way I see it, lines combo for JM are Duos and I think a Kid like him would develop better with Gomez and Gionta. Sure some night he could have a limited minutes but those minutes should be more or less on the top unit. I also believe that he would fair much better then Pac but its my opinion.
KHL and NHL are still different. Besides, Avitsin has good upside and we can't rush him. It would be better to let him continue developing in the A. It might be for only a year and then he'll be good to go. It,s better to let him develop more than rush. Like what happened with Pacioretty.

Old
05-31-2010, 11:44 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I laughed ... out-loud.
Well don't bust a gut, you may never know. Let's say a team was high on a player but this player gets picked up before they can. And the remaining options are not in the ballpark of their needs. It can happen...

AK + our 1st for a higher 1st is not insane

Old
05-31-2010, 11:51 AM
otto bond

Quote:
KHL and NHL are still different. Besides, Avitsin has good upside and we can't rush him. It would be better to let him continue developing in the A. It might be for only a year and then he'll be good to go. It,s better to let him develop more than rush. Like what happened with Pacioretty.
I see your point. Was Malkin rushed or Jordan Staal or even Sutter rushed. How about Stamkos or Duchene. It's not always a good thing to holds players back.
Also the KHL is a better league then the AHL in term of skills and speed no? Pac came out of college and that is why he has struggle IMO. If Leblanc for exemple came in the NHL before going to the AHL, that's a risky move.

Old
05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Well don't bust a gut, you may never know. Let's say a team was high on a player but this player gets picked up before they can. And the remaining options are not in the ballpark of their needs. It can happen...

AK + our 1st for a higher 1st is not insane
I read "trade the K-bros for a top 10 pick either this draft or next". You didn't specify you would also give our 1st rounder.

That's more realistic, but even then, a team with a top 10 in a deep draft surely have their eye-out for more than just one player... next years draft would be more likely considering it's expected to be not so strong - but then how would you know if it'll be a top 10 or not?

Old
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
I read "trade the K-bros for a top 10 pick either this draft or next". You didn't specify you would also give our 1st rounder.

That's more realistic, but even then, a team with a top 10 in a deep draft surely have their eye-out for more than just one player... next years draft would be more likely considering it's expected to be not so strong - but then how would you know if it'll be a top 10 or not?
Simple, you don't. Find me someone that could guarantee a top ten pick and he would put fortune tellers out of business.

A team that is struggling in the lower ranks that can have a body in the roster NOW - with some known attributes - and still likely to get a bonified 1st rounder that could crack the lineup in 2-3 years...

Old
05-31-2010, 06:17 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:

Sign C. Armstrong
Get Avstin here.
sign Moore
Sign all RFA

Line up

Avstin-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Staal-C Armstrong
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Sergei-Poo-White

Markov-J.W.
Subban-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

No offence but you really think AK+the 27th pick worth Jordan Staal?.I'm sure Pittsburgh say no

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 09:37 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
No offence but you really think AK+the 27th pick worth Jordan Staal?.I'm sure Pittsburgh say no
It all depends. Caps space is valuable and first round picks are too. The pens have to get wingers cause they are thine there and are strong in the center. Andrei could very well fit nicely with Malkin.

Old
05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Don't understand the man-crushes for Lombardi in this thread.
They love the smallish speedy types.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Simple, you don't. Find me someone that could guarantee a top ten pick and he would put fortune tellers out of business.
I'm confused. Below is your quote - I might be misinterpreting it, but to me it reads trade k-bros for top 10 this year or next. I made the assumption next was next 2011's top 10.

Ahh nevermind

Quote:
[ TRADES ]

[ DRAFT ]

Old
06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
I see your point. Was Malkin rushed or Jordan Staal or even Sutter rushed. How about Stamkos or Duchene. It's not always a good thing to holds players back.
Also the KHL is a better league then the AHL in term of skills and speed no? Pac came out of college and that is why he has struggle IMO. If Leblanc for exemple came in the NHL before going to the AHL, that's a risky move.
4 of those players were drafted 3rd overall, or lower. Another one was also a first round pick. Players drafted top 5 usually have the potential to step into the lineup asap.

Does 1 year in the AHL really going to hurt ?

Old
06-01-2010, 06:47 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
I'm confused. Below is your quote - I might be misinterpreting it, but to me it reads trade k-bros for top 10 this year or next. I made the assumption next was next 2011's top 10.

Ahh nevermind
I understand that it is confusing. I assumed by saying "trade them to get higher" that it implied our 1st was included in the deal.

Isn't what "getting higher" imply?

And by getting "higher" I imply the context of the NHL draft.

Old
06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
otto bond

Quote:
4 of those players were drafted 3rd overall, or lower. Another one was also a first round pick. Players drafted top 5 usually have the potential to step into the lineup asap.

Does 1 year in the AHL really going to hurt ?
You are right but this is not always the case. Some guys just fit the needs of a team and Avstin fits that to the T.

Old
06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:

Sign C. Armstrong
Get Avstin here.
sign Moore
Sign all RFA

Line up

Avstin-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Staal-C Armstrong
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Sergei-Poo-White

Markov-J.W.
Subban-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

Pens dont do this trade.
Avtsin is center I think and righthanded.

You put him on LW?

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Richer

Here is my "we made it to the conference finals lets keep the roster together roster"

Trade Hamrlik- to a team that needs to reach the floor or a team that can fit him in and needs an older dman who can log good minutes and help the youngsters. The return will basically be nothing.

Trade for Ladd- I think the Blackhawks would look at him as someone they could move to free up cap space. They wouldn't want any cap space back so a decent prospect or a draft pick should get this deal done.

Sign these players:
Plekanec($5 mil)- Multi year similar to Kesler contract in Vancouver.
Lapierre($0.75 mil) - Short term contract
Pouliot($0.850 mil) - Similar to Lantendresse contract last year.
Pyatt($0.5 mil) - One way deal
Moore($1.25 mil) - Give him a three year deal I think he would go for the stability.
Halak ($4.5 mil) - Multi year deal similar to Hiller in Anaheim.
Price ($1.2 mil) - A short term deal for allows him to fight to become an elite goalie. We don't have to pay him like one until he proves it.

Let these players go:
Metropolit: Will need to make the most he can at his age and and I don't think we should pay that amount.
Darche: Not worth a one way contract and will probably lose him on waivers if we bounce him around the minors.
Bergeron: If he is willing to take what he got paid last year I would consider it but if not we have some young dmen that can take his place.
Sergei: Will go to KHL.

Kostitsyn(3.25)-Plekanec(5)-Cammalleri(6)
Gionta(5)-Gomez(7.35)-Pouliot(.85)
Moen(1.5)-Moore(1.2)-Ladd(2)
Pyatt(.5)-Lapierre(.75)-Pacioretty(.85)

Markov(5.75)-O'byrne(.942)
Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)

Forwards:34.25
Defense:14.717
Goalie:5.7
Laraque:0.75

Total: 55.417
Next Year Cap: 59
Space Approx 3.5 million

This gives us about the same roster that did well in the playoffs. Adds some size with Ladd. Gives some wiggle room to younger players to take jobs from vets and allow cap space to make a move during the season to fill some holes.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Here is my "we made it to the conference finals lets keep the roster together roster"

Trade Hamrlik- to a team that needs to reach the floor or a team that can fit him in and needs an older dman who can log good minutes and help the youngsters. The return will basically be nothing.

Trade for Ladd- I think the Blackhawks would look at him as someone they could move to free up cap space. They wouldn't want any cap space back so a decent prospect or a draft pick should get this deal done.

Sign these players:
Moore($1.25 mil) - Give him a three year deal I think he would go for the stability.
Price ($1.2 mil) - A short term deal for allows him to fight to become an elite goalie. We don't have to pay him like one until he proves it.

Let these players go:
Metropolit: Will need to make the most he can at his age and and I don't think we should pay that amount.
Darche: Not worth a one way contract and will probably lose him on waivers if we bounce him around the minors.
Bergeron: If he is willing to take what he got paid last year I would consider it but if not we have some young dmen that can take his place.

Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)

Space Approx 3.5 million

This gives us about the same roster that did well in the playoffs. Adds some size with Ladd. Gives some wiggle room to younger players to take jobs from vets and allow cap space to make a move during the season to fill some holes.
Well worked out. I'd trade Spacek and put Patches on the 3rd line though. Otherwise I think you're bang on.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Richer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
Well worked out. I'd trade Spacek and put Patches on the 3rd line though. Otherwise I think you're bang on.
I just think Hamrlik would be easier to trade because he only has one year left. You are probably right about Patches.

Old
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
habspinner

Quote:

Sign these players:

Let these players go:

Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)

Space Approx 3.5 million

This is good, simillar to what I speculated earlier. The only issue here is trading Hamrlik and starting the season without Markov (which could be the case if he doesn't heal quickly).

Who would we trade for Ladd?

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Richer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
This is good, simillar to what I speculated earlier. The only issue here is trading Hamrlik and starting the season without Markov (which could be the case if he doesn't heal quickly).

Who would we trade for Ladd?
Maybe a second rounder and a decent prospect like a Maxwell or a Weber.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

Sign these players:

Let these players go:

Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)

Space Approx 3.5 million

I think you can give AK46's salary to Halak, and Halak's salary to Frolov and get a RH shot to play top-6 RW and be MUCH more solid on the wall than AK46.

Ladd is a decent idea, but I also like Taylor Pyatt who I think we can get much cheaper, and then maybe afford Eric Belanger as well. I'd take the two of them over Ladd. This gives Patches another year to develop in Hamilton. It also means we can keep the assets we would need to trade for Ladd.

Maybe we can squeeze in an Andy Sutton, and he and OB can fill out the D roster.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote