HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs projected Cap / line-up in 2010-2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2010, 12:54 PM
  #201
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Here is my "we made it to the conference finals lets keep the roster together roster"

Trade Hamrlik- to a team that needs to reach the floor or a team that can fit him in and needs an older dman who can log good minutes and help the youngsters. The return will basically be nothing.

Trade for Ladd- I think the Blackhawks would look at him as someone they could move to free up cap space. They wouldn't want any cap space back so a decent prospect or a draft pick should get this deal done.

Sign these players:
Plekanec($5 mil)- Multi year similar to Kesler contract in Vancouver.
Lapierre($0.75 mil) - Short term contract
Pouliot($0.850 mil) - Similar to Lantendresse contract last year.
Pyatt($0.5 mil) - One way deal
Moore($1.25 mil) - Give him a three year deal I think he would go for the stability.
Halak ($4.5 mil) - Multi year deal similar to Hiller in Anaheim.
Price ($1.2 mil) - A short term deal for allows him to fight to become an elite goalie. We don't have to pay him like one until he proves it.

Let these players go:
Metropolit: Will need to make the most he can at his age and and I don't think we should pay that amount.
Darche: Not worth a one way contract and will probably lose him on waivers if we bounce him around the minors.
Bergeron: If he is willing to take what he got paid last year I would consider it but if not we have some young dmen that can take his place.
Sergei: Will go to KHL.

Kostitsyn(3.25)-Plekanec(5)-Cammalleri(6)
Gionta(5)-Gomez(7.35)-Pouliot(.85)
Moen(1.5)-Moore(1.2)-Ladd(2)
Pyatt(.5)-Lapierre(.75)-Pacioretty(.85)

Markov(5.75)-O'byrne(.942)
Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)

Forwards:34.25
Defense:14.717
Goalie:5.7
Laraque:0.75

Total: 55.417
Next Year Cap: 59
Space Approx 3.5 million

This gives us about the same roster that did well in the playoffs. Adds some size with Ladd. Gives some wiggle room to younger players to take jobs from vets and allow cap space to make a move during the season to fill some holes.

Gorges please

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
  #202
Richer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I think you can give AK46's salary to Halak, and Halak's salary to Frolov and get a RH shot to play top-6 RW and be MUCH more solid on the wall than AK46.

Ladd is a decent idea, but I also like Taylor Pyatt who I think we can get much cheaper, and then maybe afford Eric Belanger as well. I'd take the two of them over Ladd. This gives Patches another year to develop in Hamilton. It also means we can keep the assets we would need to trade for Ladd.

Maybe we can squeeze in an Andy Sutton, and he and OB can fill out the D roster.
I don't think AK is a bad player just not the superstar we thought we could have had when we drafted him. At 3.25 million he is not overpaid if he scores 25 goals. I don't think its impossible for him to do it this year so give him a shot. We only have one more year on the contract so he is worth keeping.

I like Ladd because he has some upside and could in theory become a core player. If he doesn't he is still a big body that can chip in offensively. Taylor Pyatt and Belanger are both players we could use but will not get any better. I would rather take the chance on the player with the upside even if it costs us a couple of young players.

I don't really like Sutton all that much. I don't think he would do well under Martin. Spends too much time looking for the big hit and not as good in his own zone as he needs to be to justify what he will ask for.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:25 PM
  #203
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Here is my "we made it to the conference finals lets keep the roster together roster"

Trade Hamrlik- to a team that needs to reach the floor or a team that can fit him in and needs an older dman who can log good minutes and help the youngsters. The return will basically be nothing.

Trade for Ladd- I think the Blackhawks would look at him as someone they could move to free up cap space. They wouldn't want any cap space back so a decent prospect or a draft pick should get this deal done.

Sign these players:
Plekanec($5 mil)- Multi year similar to Kesler contract in Vancouver.
Lapierre($0.75 mil) - Short term contract
Pouliot($0.850 mil) - Similar to Lantendresse contract last year.
Pyatt($0.5 mil) - One way deal
Moore($1.25 mil) - Give him a three year deal I think he would go for the stability.
Halak ($4.5 mil) - Multi year deal similar to Hiller in Anaheim.
Price ($1.2 mil) - A short term deal for allows him to fight to become an elite goalie. We don't have to pay him like one until he proves it.

Let these players go:
Metropolit: Will need to make the most he can at his age and and I don't think we should pay that amount.
Darche: Not worth a one way contract and will probably lose him on waivers if we bounce him around the minors.
Bergeron: If he is willing to take what he got paid last year I would consider it but if not we have some young dmen that can take his place.
Sergei: Will go to KHL.

Kostitsyn(3.25)-Plekanec(5)-Cammalleri(6)
Gionta(5)-Gomez(7.35)-Pouliot(.85)
Moen(1.5)-Moore(1.2)-Ladd(2)
Pyatt(.5)-Lapierre(.75)-Pacioretty(.85)

Markov(5.75)-O'byrne(.942)
Gill(2.25)-Georges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-Subban(.875)

Halak(4.5)
Price(1.2)


Forwards:34.25
Defense:14.717
Goalie:5.7
Laraque:0.75

Total: 55.417
Next Year Cap: 59
Space Approx 3.5 million

This gives us about the same roster that did well in the playoffs. Adds some size with Ladd. Gives some wiggle room to younger players to take jobs from vets and allow cap space to make a move during the season to fill some holes.
Pyatt makes 850k

And if Halak gets 4.5 million then Price will get atleast 2.5-3 million.

If Halak gets 4.5 million i'd LOL at our organization

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
  #204
Kboum
Registered User
 
Kboum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Carle + A.Kost + S.Kost vs Nathan Horton
Hamrlik + Weber + 2nd pick vs Coltby Armstrong Rights + Carl Klingberg


Cammalleri(6)-Plekanec(5)-N.Horton(4)
Pouliot(.85)-Gomez(7.35)-Gionta(5)
C.Armstrong(3.2)-Moore(1.2)-Lapierre(.75)
Moen(1.5)-Pyatt(.5)-R.White(.85)

Markov(5.75)-Subban(.875)
Gill(2.25)-Gorges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-O'Byrne(.942)

Halak(3.2)
Price(2.5)

Forwards : 36,2M
Defensemen: 14,7
Goalies : 6
Total : 56.6

----OR----

Cammalleri( 6)-Plekanec(5)-Frolov(4)
N.Horton(4)-Gomez(7.35)-Gionta(5)
Pouliot(.85)-Lapierre(1.2)-C.Armstrong(3.2)
Moen(1.5)-Pyatt(.5)-R.White(.85)

Markov(5.75)-Subban(.875)
Gill(2.25)-Gorges(1.1)
Spacek(3.8)-O'Byrne(.942)

Halak(3.2)
Price(2.5)

But this one will be close to the cap


Last edited by Kboum: 06-01-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
  #205
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
What I really liked to see for next year.

Sign C. Armstrong
Let Plekanec walk or get a pick for his rights
trade Andrei with our 1st round to the Pens for Staal(Gives the Pens some salary space)
Trade Hamrlik to LA for JamesWisniewski
Get Avstin here.
sign Moore
Sign all RFA

Line up

Avstin-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Staal-C Armstrong
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Sergei-Poo-White

Markov-J.W.
Subban-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

Some will say why Avstin on the 1st....my answer is simple, put him there and see if he really is what I think he his.....a sniper with size that skates like the wind strong on the puck and backchecks hard. a little homer too I guess.


So many wrong thing in this post I don't even know how to start...or if I even want to start...

LMFAO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
  #206
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
please get Frolov and make him complete our potentially gorgeous top 6

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
  #207
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
I don't think AK is a bad player just not the superstar we thought we could have had when we drafted him. At 3.25 million he is not overpaid if he scores 25 goals. I don't think its impossible for him to do it this year so give him a shot. We only have one more year on the contract so he is worth keeping.

I like Ladd because he has some upside and could in theory become a core player. If he doesn't he is still a big body that can chip in offensively. Taylor Pyatt and Belanger are both players we could use but will not get any better. I would rather take the chance on the player with the upside even if it costs us a couple of young players.

I don't really like Sutton all that much. I don't think he would do well under Martin. Spends too much time looking for the big hit and not as good in his own zone as he needs to be to justify what he will ask for.

Did you read what I wrote? I did not complain about AK46's goalscoring. My problem is he is HORRIBLE in his own zone, and we need more RH shooting RWers to hold the wall better. With Frolov, we would be up to three, including Gionta and Lapierre. If we try White instead of Taylor Pyatt, we could have 4. And if we trade for Ladd, then we need to move Tom Pyatt to center, and leave Lappy on RW, since Ladd is a LW.

If you don't like Sutton, that's fine, but I was looking for a bruiser. We could go safer with a big body like Jay Leach who I think can do the job, as he did for SJ.

Hybrid forward lineup (parts of both yours and mine)

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Frolov
Ladd-Moore-White/new RH RW
Moen-Pyatt-Lapierre

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
  #208
chpartisan
Registered User
 
chpartisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Benoit Pouliot ($0.900m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($4.250m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.875m) / Manny Malhotra ($1.400m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.850m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.850m) / Ryan White ($0.850m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m)

GOALTENDERS
* Jaroslav Halak ($2.750m) / * Carey Price ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 21; CAP:$58.8m; PAYROLL: $58.332m; CAP ROOM: $0.683m BONUSES: $0.215m

Sign Plekanec @ 21-22 Mil for 5 years, all other signatures for 2 years
Give another chance to the K brothers
Somehow get Malhotra, otherwise sitck with Moore (Any truth to Belanger = trouble in locker room? Read that somewhere)
Buy out Laraque's contract

Not sure if the goalie contracts are realistic. Both RFA, and both haven't really proven they can be a starter for a whole season. I guess it depends on Walsh and offer sheets.

Also, why aren't there more people worried about the D in the near future? Hamrlik, Gil and Spacek are all 35+. Harmlik, Markov and Gil are UFAs next summer.

Doesn't seem like we have any solutions within the organization. Subban is here, Emelin would be nice but doesn't seem like he will leave Russia. If it were not for the cap, shouldn't we be pursuing a younger solid D this summer? UFA Michalek, Hamhuis, Volchenkov, Morrisonn...

We can't dump/trade salary now, but maybe later in the season before Markov's return? With Markov on LTIR (with extra cap space) could it be worth it? We might not plug the hole on the PP, but it would a first step in replacing our aging D.

Otherwise...ahem...there is MAB. I don't see much out there that can produce on the PP for cheap...

chpartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
  #209
Richer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Did you read what I wrote? I did not complain about AK46's goalscoring. My problem is he is HORRIBLE in his own zone, and we need more RH shooting RWers to hold the wall better. With Frolov, we would be up to three, including Gionta and Lapierre. If we try White instead of Taylor Pyatt, we could have 4. And if we trade for Ladd, then we need to move Tom Pyatt to center, and leave Lappy on RW, since Ladd is a LW.

If you don't like Sutton, that's fine, but I was looking for a bruiser. We could go safer with a big body like Jay Leach who I think can do the job, as he did for SJ.

Hybrid forward lineup (parts of both yours and mine)

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Frolov
Ladd-Moore-White/new RH RW
Moen-Pyatt-Lapierre
I don't like your moves because it requires us to make a lot of moves to our current roster. Getting rid of Kostitsyn for the chance to sign Frolov seem like a lateral move to me. A risky one if Frolov doesn't sign. Kostitsyn is not horrible in his own zone. If he was he wouldn't have played as many minutes as he did in the playoffs. He wasn't getting a regular because of his goal scoring.

Jay Leach? The same guy who we let go on waivers this past year? I think if the management thought he was worth having they would have just kept him on the roster instead of giving him away for nothing.

Ladd could play third line he could play in the top six. He can be used in a few ways depending on his performance. Pyatt doesn't have to be moved to centre you can have our top two plus Moore and Lapierre you will also see us add a depth centre at the deadline if we don't spend all our cap space on the Andy Suttons of the world.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
  #210
Richer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Pyatt makes 850k

And if Halak gets 4.5 million then Price will get atleast 2.5-3 million.

If Halak gets 4.5 million i'd LOL at our organization
Pyatt is an RFA offer him .5 one way and he will sign. They did this with Chipchura.

Price gets 2.5 to 3 on a longer term contract. The Habs do not have to offer him something like that they can go 1 year at a lower number and there is not much Price can do about it. There will not be any offer sheets for Price as the Habs will match and trade him if they have to basically giving no advantage to the offering team.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
  #211
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
I don't like your moves because it requires us to make a lot of moves to our current roster. Getting rid of Kostitsyn for the chance to sign Frolov seem like a lateral move to me. A risky one if Frolov doesn't sign. Kostitsyn is not horrible in his own zone. If he was he wouldn't have played as many minutes as he did in the playoffs. He wasn't getting a regular because of his goal scoring.

Jay Leach? The same guy who we let go on waivers this past year? I think if the management thought he was worth having they would have just kept him on the roster instead of giving him away for nothing.

Ladd could play third line he could play in the top six. He can be used in a few ways depending on his performance. Pyatt doesn't have to be moved to centre you can have our top two plus Moore and Lapierre you will also see us add a depth centre at the deadline if we don't spend all our cap space on the Andy Suttons of the world.

Order of moves:

Trade Hamrlik at draft. This is a must.

Sign Frolov or another strong RH RW on July 1st.

Trade AK46 after Frolov secured.

Get Ladd or TaylorPyatt/Belanger after AK46 cap space freed.

Unfortunately, the prospects for interesting discussion diminished quickly when I read that AK46 is, in your opinion, nor a problem in his zone. Dude, he plays on his wrong wing and MANY TIMES PER GAME fails to get the puck out of danger.

The Habs made a point of saying that they liked Leach but they just couldn't keep 9 defencemen. He then proceeded to have a pretty nice season with Western Conference Champion San Jose. I think he can be had for cheap, or we can go after a similar type of player, maybe Alex Henry.

By the way, if Lapierre and his RH shot is wasted at C, then we need to play Moen or Pyatt on their offwing. Lapierre is not so good a playmaker that we need to play him at C. This is why I prefer Belanger whose offence is similar to Ladd's.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 06-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
  #212
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Clowe-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Frolov
Pouliot-Belanger-Lapierre
White-Pyatt-Moen

Darche

Markov-Murray
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

O'Byrnes

Halak
Biron

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
  #213
Richer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Order of moves:

Trade Hamrlik at draft. This is a must.

Sign Frolov or another strong RH RW on July 1st.

Trade AK46 after Frolov secured.

Get Ladd or TaylorPyatt/Belanger after AK46 cap space freed.

Unfortunately, the prospects for interesting discussion diminished quickly when I read that AK46 is, in your opinion, nor a problem in his zone. Dude, he plays on his wrong wing and MANY TIMES PER GAME fails to get the puck out of danger.

The Habs made a point of saying that they liked Leach but they just couldn't keep 9 defencemen. He then proceeded to have a pretty nice season with Western Conference Champion San Jose. I think he can be had for cheap, or we can go after a similar type of player, maybe Alex Henry.
Kostitsyn doesn't play on his wrong wing. There are 42 rightwingers who shoot left. These include players like St Louis, Heatley, Kovalev, Nash, Bertuzzi, Hossa, Franzen, Havlat. Kostitsyn was also orignally a RW and only became a LW to play with Kovalev. So the need to have your team full of right shooting RW to clear the zone is just not true. More evidence Detroit has only four right handed shot on its roster only one of them takes a shift on the right Patrick Eaves. So the idea that you need right shoot RWs on your team to get the puck out of the zone is not true.

If Kostitsyn couldn't clear the zone he wouldn't have been kept on a line with the teams top goal scorer during the whole playoffs. Martin has no problem putting a grinder like Darche on a line if a scorer isn't putting in his effort in the defensive zone. Can Kostitsyn be inconsistent? Yes. But he was effective on the defensive side of the puck in the playoffs blocking shots, not giving away the puck often and being one of the few forwards who could deliver a big hit.

Keep Kostitsyn and put the checkbook away when it comes to Frolov and his 19 goals in 81 games.

Alex Henry??? There is a reason why 30 yearolds are playing in the AHL and its not because they are a missing piece for a cup run.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
  #214
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Kostitsyn doesn't play on his wrong wing. There are 42 rightwingers who shoot left.

Keep Kostitsyn and put the checkbook away when it comes to Frolov and his 19 goals in 81 games.

Alex Henry??? There is a reason why 30 yearolds are playing in the AHL and its not because they are a missing piece for a cup run.
I know that some LH shots can play RW. And do. (Rocket Richard anyone?) Not all LH shots, however, can succeed along the wall in their own zone. Andrei Kostitsyn is among the WORST I have ever seen, and I saw a young Yvan Cournoyer that Toe Blake would not give any ES ice time to.

Frolov did score only 19 this year playing on a two-way third line, but he had over 30 last year and again three years ago. He should average at least similar goals to AK46, with more assists and better defensive play.

Alex Henry, Jay Leach (whom I prefer) or someone else, the point is that we will need to sign a 7th defenceman and I hope to Subban it is not someone at Paul Mara's price tag. League minimum is the norm for a 7th D.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
  #215
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,048
vCash: 500
I don't want Frolov. I'd rather try Andrei Kostsitsyn one more year. But if we dump him, his brother, one goalie and Hamrlik, we could have enough money for Kovalchuk and Plekanec :

Gionta-Gomez-Kovalchuk
Pouliot-Plekanec-Cammalleri

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
  #216
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Clowe-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Frolov
Pouliot-Belanger-Lapierre
White-Pyatt-Moen

Darche

Markov-Murray
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

O'Byrnes

Halak
Biron
Cap ?

Unfortunately, I don't think the habs will bring in anyone that we really need. Though I could be wrong, but I always aim low for the habs, so when they don't produce, I'm not disappointed.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:29 PM
  #217
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Start from the first line where he puts Avtsin.

Then second line where he replaces Plekanec by Staal who produces significantly less than Plek (with roughly same TOI including PP and PK).
JG and the coach like Plekanec but he does not...
Listen you, first of, i was haft in the bag and Avstin is a pipe dream. I just wish we would get some young stud step right in and make an impact and why not.
Second, even though I was drunk or haft in the bag, I still pick J.Staal over Plekanec any day of the week and if you don't, well you have no clue has what hockey is all about. It looks like you look at stats and make you asesment....Staal is a much better player then Plekanec overall, hands down. Yea I also know that JW is on the ducks and why I put LA....

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
  #218
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Mike Cammalleri "A" - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Frolov
Ryan Clowe - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Tommy Pyatt - Dominic Moore - Colby Armstrong
Mathieu Darche - Maxime Lapierre - Andrew Conboy

Andrei Markov "A" - Douglas Murray
Hall Gill - Josh Gorges "A"
Jaroslav Spacek - P.K. Subban

Jaroslav Halak
Curtis Sanford

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To San Jose: Carey Price
To Montreal: Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe

To Edmonton: Andrei Kostitsyn
To Montreal: Riley Nash and a 3rd round pick


- Colby Armstrong 2 years 2.75
- Alex Frolov 3 years 4.0

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
  #219
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Mike Cammalleri "A" - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Frolov
Ryan Clowe - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Tommy Pyatt - Dominic Moore - Colby Armstrong
Mathieu Darche - Maxime Lapierre - Andrew Conboy

Andrei Markov "A" - Douglas Murray
Hall Gill - Josh Gorges "A"
Jaroslav Spacek - P.K. Subban

Jaroslav Halak
Curtis Sanford

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To San Jose: Carey Price
To Montreal: Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe

To Edmonton: Andrei Kostitsyn
To Montreal: Riley Nash and a 3rd round pick


- Colby Armstrong 2 years 2.75
- Alex Frolov 3 years 4.0
Ryan White over Darche, or Conboy. Hamrlik retires, or something ? It's Hal, not Hal and I'm pretty sure that lineup is over the cap. If not, then we can't call anyone up.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:26 PM
  #220
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ryan White over Darche, or Conboy. Hamrlik retires, or something ? It's Hal, not Hal and I'm pretty sure that lineup is over the cap. If not, then we can't call anyone up.
thats for sure in my books. I liked DArche but loved White hitting prowess

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:30 PM
  #221
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cap ?

Unfortunately, I don't think the habs will bring in anyone that we really need. Though I could be wrong, but I always aim low for the habs, so when they don't produce, I'm not disappointed.
cap are overrated,this is more of a semi realistic dream team

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 01:57 AM
  #222
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Mike Cammalleri "A" - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Frolov
Ryan Clowe - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Tommy Pyatt - Dominic Moore - Colby Armstrong
Mathieu Darche - Maxime Lapierre - Andrew Conboy

Andrei Markov "A" - Douglas Murray
Hall Gill - Josh Gorges "A"
Jaroslav Spacek - P.K. Subban

Jaroslav Halak
Curtis Sanford

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To San Jose: Carey Price
To Montreal: Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe

To Edmonton: Andrei Kostitsyn
To Montreal: Riley Nash and a 3rd round pick


- Colby Armstrong 2 years 2.75
- Alex Frolov 3 years 4.0
Much as I advocate keeping both goalies, this is a fine return for Carey Price and doable for the Habs. We should get a cheap free agent goalie to come into camp and compete with Sanford for the backup position. I want a backup capable of playing 30+ games if needed.

The cap will not allow us to get Colby Armstrong. The cap situation is still tight, allowing a 22-man roster plus the buyout of BGL. The salaries expected for signing some of the RFAs and UFAs are pretty sharp, too. And we are going to have to sacrifice the luxury of having a Travi$ Moen score 8 goal$ at a co$t of $1.5M. I would replace him with a faster and bigger Taylor Pyatt at $700k and get Eric Belanger to replace Metropolit, Eric being younger and quicker.

Still, this looks like a GREAT lineup, if you ask me.

2010-11 MONTREAL CANADIENS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
Benoit Pouliot ($1.000m) - Scott Gomez ($7.357m) - Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) - Tomas Plekanec ($4.500m) - Alexander Frolov ($4.000m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.550m) - Dominic Moore ($1.500m) - Ryan Clowe ($3.625m)
Taylor Pyatt ($0.700m) - Eric Belanger ($1.500m) - Maxim Lapierre ($0.840m)
....Mathieu Darche ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) - Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) - P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Josh Gorges ($1.100m) - Hal Gill ($2.250m)
....Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.000m) / Curtis Sanford or other backup ($0.550m)
BUYOUTS
George Laraque ($0.500)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$58.8m; PAYROLL: $58.372m; CAP ROOM: $0.428m BONUSES: $0.000m

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
  #223
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Since I got bashed for being a bit of a dreamer and under a few beers(yes I'm a cheap drunk), here is my version of possibility. No Pipe dream

We have under contract

Gomez, Cammy, Markov, Gionta, A.K., Gorges, Hamrlik, Gill, Spacek, Subban, Moen, Maxwell, Larque, O'Byrne, White , Weber and Pacman for a total of 17 players

significant RFA
Pyatt, Halak, Price, Carle, Sergei, Ben Pouliot and perhaps a few other like Trotter and Deharnais.
I sign all of them.
UFA
Plekanec, Moore, Metro, Mara, Darche, MAB and a few others
Cap hit of 58 and we have a hit at about 45 million. 13 million or so.....

In terms of around the league, the 5 big tickets are IMO Kovalchuck, Marleau, Plekanec, Volchenkov and Nabokov/Gonchar/Niedermayer not to take anything from the others but those are gonna be expensive.

What Do I do?
Well from our list of players that are UFA, I sign Moore and MAB only. Why not Plekanec? Well I like him lots but I want someone else.....yes Jordan Staal. I know Pittsburgh would not want to trade him but they are weak at the wing and we have depth there.
Other UFA around the league I would love to sign is
C.Armstrong at 2.5-3.5

So back to Plekanec and Staal.....I trade Plekanec's rights for a draft pick something like a 1st if he signs and compensation if not signed(I think we would get a 1st in this case) We could debate if it's possible or not but if a team wants the inside, they could swing a good draft position.
I trade Andrei to Pittsburgh along with our own 1st round, Pacman for Staal. I would love to keep Andrei before Sergei but.......
I buy out Laraque
Trade Hamrlik along with Weber to the Blues for Jackman and a mid pick

It gives you this

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta(I hope Pouliot keeps up next year but I have a feeling he can)
Cammy-Staal-Armstrong( if Moen was playing on the first line during the playoff, I think Armstrong crack our top six with the grit and skills he brings)
Moen-Moore-Lapierre( love the speed and grit this lines brings)
Sergei-Pyatt-White(Pyatt is a good example for Sergei and White is all guts and Passion)
MAB could be useful for some games and our PP and is a good teammate
Markov-Subban
Spacek-Jackman
Gill-Gorges
O'Byrne

Halak-Price

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
  #224
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
IF the habs loose all their UFA and don't sign any, nor make any trades...

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais- A.K.
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen
Paccioretty-Trotter-White
S.K ??? - Conboy ???

Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Subban
Gill-Gorges
O'Byrne

Price - Halak

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
  #225
Kboum
Registered User
 
Kboum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
IF the habs loose all their UFA and don't sign any, nor make any trades...

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais- A.K.
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen
Paccioretty-Trotter-White
S.K ??? - Conboy ???

Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Subban
Gill-Gorges
O'Byrne

Price - Halak
Yeah but you know they'll sign some UFAs and RFAs will be back. After the playoffs run, the players know whats it like to play in Montreal. Cammy said something great about it during the playoffs

"I almost feel bad for the guys who play their entire careers without ever being a Canadien." - Mike Cammalleri

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.