HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal- Vancouver

Old
12-26-2009, 03:20 AM
ccgg

vCash: 500
Max Pacioretty stay at Montreal! Canucks needs a third liner center... we have Lapierre or Metropolit. Bieksa is a righthander who play hard but Habs has already good d-man with big contract. So Spacek or Mara need to be in the trade, they are lefthanders. You want Weber? Its ok, he will be a top4 d-man in the nhl with maybe 15 goals per season. Canadiens has already Fischer, Subban, Carle, O'Byrne like young righthander so if we give one like Weber, another can do the job.

Metropolit (3rd center) + Spacek (first pairing d-man but old) + Weber (+100 mph slapshot maybe a future top4 or top2 d-man... maybe)
vs
Bieksa (first pairing d-man) + Burrows (second-liner, french canadian)

picks can be add from Habs to 'nucks.

Daniel - Henrik - Samuelsson
Raymond - Kesler - Grabner
Hansen - Hodgson - Bernier
Glass - Metropolit - Rypien

Mitchell-Spacek
Edler-Salo
Ehrhoff-Weber
Schneider-O'Brien

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Andrei
Burrows - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Pouliot - Sergei
MAB - Lapierre - Moen/Laraque

Markov - Bieksa
Hamrlik - Mara (Subban next season)
Gorges - O'Byrne/Gill

P.s. do you know what is the meaning of "canucks"? french canadians...

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:32 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Max Pacioretty stay at Montreal! Canucks needs a third liner center... we have Lapierre or Metropolit. Bieksa is a righthander who play hard but Habs has already good d-man with big contract. So Spacek or Mara need to be in the trade, they are lefthanders. You want Weber? Its ok, he will be a top4 d-man in the nhl with maybe 15 goals per season. Canadiens has already Fischer, Subban, Carle, O'Byrne like young righthander so if we give one like Weber, another can do the job.

Metropolit (3rd center) + Spacek (first pairing d-man but old) + Weber (+100 mph slapshot maybe a future top4 or top2 d-man... maybe)
vs
Bieksa (first pairing d-man) + Burrows (second-liner, french canadian)

picks can be add from Habs to 'nucks.

Daniel - Henrik - Samuelsson
Raymond - Kesler - Grabner
Hansen - Hodgson - Bernier
Glass - Metropolit - Rypien

Mitchell-Spacek
Edler-Salo
Ehrhoff-Weber
Schneider-O'Brien

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Andrei
Burrows - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Pouliot - Sergei
MAB - Lapierre - Moen/Laraque

Markov - Bieksa
Hamrlik - Mara (Subban next season)
Gorges - O'Byrne/Gill

No deal. Burrows is part of the heart of this team. He brings grit and chemistry to the Sedins that no one else has brought before.
Don't want Spacek till he's 37 at his contract.
I will take back Mara if you want to even out the salary.
Bieksa Shirokov for Metropolit, Mara, Webber, 2nd.
I doubt Van would resign Mara or Metropolit in the offseason.

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:47 AM
ccgg

Shirokov is a really good young foward but he is small and soft. Habs need a top6 foward who play hard. So...

Bieksa + a top6 foward who play hard
vs
Mara + Weber + Metropolit + 2nd pick

Montréal doesnt really need other thing than a big top6 left wing.

Old
12-26-2009, 03:55 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You want Weber? Its ok, he will be a top4 d-man in the nhl with maybe 15 goals per season.

lol - a prospect who has played 6 nhl games (recording 1 assist) is now going to be a 15goal defenseman? I like the guy and I think he has potential, but com'on. Andrei Markov has hit 15 goals once (16). Scott Niedermayer has hit 15 goals once (15). Chris Pronger has never hit 15 goals.

Also, a Canuck is a Canadian, though it is usually used to refer to French Canadians (outside of the hockey club references).

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:02 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
lol - a prospect who has played 6 nhl games (recording 1 assist) is now going to be a 15goal defenseman? I like the guy and I think he has potential, but com'on. Andrei Markov has hit 15 goals once (16). Scott Niedermayer has hit 15 goals once (15). Chris Pronger has never hit 15 goals.

Also, a Canuck is a Canadian, though it is usually used to refer to French Canadians (outside of the hockey club references).
Marc-André Bergeron (15) (9 this season), if he can put the puck in the net, he can hit 15 goals. He has the potential to do... if you already see him, you know that he is really good in power play and he is a smart player. His slapshot = 100mph when he was 19.

Old
12-26-2009, 04:19 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Why would ANYONE in Montreal, management or fans, want to move Hamrlik? Without him, we'd be behind Carolina, no question in my mind. Plain and simple, the guy is a stud and quite possibly one of the best all-around defenseman in the league.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:22 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Marc-André Bergeron (15) (9 this season), if he can put the puck in the net, he can hit 15 goals. He has the potential to do... if you already see him, you know that he is really good in power play and he is a smart player. His slapshot = 100mph when he was 19.
I would say he has 15 goal ceiling as a d man but he has the ability to be a solid top 4 D man who can run a PP. With one hell of a shot. Having Salo Ehrhoff and Webber on the PP would be a scary trio. Add in Edler and you have a pretty solid PP point group. There is a reason to me wanting Weber I saw him play in Hamilton a few times last year and I really like what he brings to the ice.

Old
12-26-2009, 11:17 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Never knew Gainey signed up on HF.
now you do.
it's your first post Christmas schooling / trade lesson

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 11:33 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Also Weber has 1-1=2pts in 3 playoff game.....I understand why some Nucks fan undervalue him cause they know nothing of him...
He just needs to get stronger on his skates to handle big forward in the NHL. From the offensive point of view, he's got it....a HARD shot, good vision and mobilti....will be a good player and a top 4 if he can get stronger.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 11:44 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Shirokov is a really good young foward but he is small and soft. Habs need a top6 foward who play hard. So...

vs

the Canucks have no reason to deal something they don't want to deal (ie. Burrows or a top 6 forward who plays hard) just to move Bieksa... he is not a salary dump, but this is what is being suggested here, taking on a rental center in Metropolit, and a salary dump in Mara, just to get Weber and a 2nd...

the Canucks have no reason at all to make such moves. It'd be like saying that Montreal wants to move Mara, but the Canucks are only interested if you add in Pacioretty. Does that make any sense for the Habs?

Burrows isn't going anywhere... the forwards in the top 6 that play hard - Daniel and Raymond - aren't going anywhere... the only forward who could be available is Samuelsson, but why dump him just so you can get a rental center for Bieksa??

Bieksa is worth >> Metropolit... Mara is a salary dump that's not worth anything either to the Canucks... and the Canucks are a team that is trying to contend now, so dumping Bieksa for a prospect not ready for the NHL and a 2nd round pick, makes no sense.

And suggesting that a team in this situation also add a top-6 winger that plays hard... just laughable.

If the Canucks are interested in Metropolit, they can wait to see if Montreal is out of the playoffs by deadline time, and offer a mid-round pick for him... he's a rental and nothing more. Not worth a guy who still plays huge minutes, and is locked up for another year.

As far as Bieksa goes - I don't really see anything valuable enough that the Habs would be willing to trade, to move Bieksa. You need a player back that helps now, and it has to be more than just Metropolit - who's a decent player, but is also a rental 3rd/4th liner... I'd be more interested in Lapierre, considering he's a RFA, but again the value overall isn't there.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

vs

Brutal. Canucks get a 3rd line center, bottom pairing defenseman, AHL defenseman and a pick for Bieksa and a gritty, top 6 forward(Burrows? Kesler? Bernier?)? Heck no.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:50 PM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Also Weber has 1-1=2pts in 3 playoff game.....I understand why some Nucks fan undervalue him cause they know nothing of him...
He just needs to get stronger on his skates to handle big forward in the NHL. From the offensive point of view, he's got it....a HARD shot, good vision and mobilti....will be a good player and a top 4 if he can get stronger.
I am not undervalueing him. I may even be overvalueing him in this trade. I do think he will be more than adequate replacement for Bieksa in the FUTURE. However now Vancouver will also need some kind of return now. Which is why Mara (UFA 6th D man on Van) and Lapierre (3rd Centre this season and 4th next year) plus a 2nd would be coming back.
Bieksa is a really solid player when he's on his game. He would be a great fit to almost any team in the NHL. I just like his trade value more than I like him as a fit in Vancouver. and i'm pretty high on Weber.

Old
12-26-2009, 04:52 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
the Canucks have no reason to deal something they don't want to deal (ie. Burrows or a top 6 forward who plays hard) just to move Bieksa... he is not a salary dump, but this is what is being suggested here, taking on a rental center in Metropolit, and a salary dump in Mara, just to get Weber and a 2nd...

the Canucks have no reason at all to make such moves. It'd be like saying that Montreal wants to move Mara, but the Canucks are only interested if you add in Pacioretty. Does that make any sense for the Habs?

Burrows isn't going anywhere... the forwards in the top 6 that play hard - Daniel and Raymond - aren't going anywhere... the only forward who could be available is Samuelsson, but why dump him just so you can get a rental center for Bieksa??

Bieksa is worth >> Metropolit... Mara is a salary dump that's not worth anything either to the Canucks... and the Canucks are a team that is trying to contend now, so dumping Bieksa for a prospect not ready for the NHL and a 2nd round pick, makes no sense.

And suggesting that a team in this situation also add a top-6 winger that plays hard... just laughable.

If the Canucks are interested in Metropolit, they can wait to see if Montreal is out of the playoffs by deadline time, and offer a mid-round pick for him... he's a rental and nothing more. Not worth a guy who still plays huge minutes, and is locked up for another year.

As far as Bieksa goes - I don't really see anything valuable enough that the Habs would be willing to trade, to move Bieksa. You need a player back that helps now, and it has to be more than just Metropolit - who's a decent player, but is also a rental 3rd/4th liner... I'd be more interested in Lapierre, considering he's a RFA, but again the value overall isn't there.
this thread was started by a nucks fan. habs have zero interest in bieksa; it's not a need. a need is kessler or burrows..pieces the canucks won't deal...so habs say no to bieksa ( as does vancouver) for two important prospect pieces for the future in weber and pacioretty -

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
this thread was started by a nucks fan. habs have zero interest in bieksa; it's not a need. a need is kessler or burrows..pieces the canucks won't deal...so habs say no to bieksa ( as does vancouver) for two important prospect pieces for the future in weber and pacioretty -
Did you even read the start of this thread. It had nothign to do with pacioretty. Never once did I ask for him nor (i don't think) did a canucks fan. It was a Habs fan who said Pacioretty. Not really sure why he did to be honest. From a habs point of view i wouldn't move him. I disagree your defence doesn't need a RH YOUNGER D man. Your D top end D is old. You do have younger guys coming in but no one to bridge the gap. Bieksa fits that roll.

Edit: My bad didn't realise it was a Canuck fan who did say Pacioretty. Most of us understand that's not much of a possibility.

Old
12-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Because Bieksa would be the Canadiens #3 or #4 defenseman?
Try 4, or 5. If he's playing as bad as nuck fans are saying, then he'd be behind Gorges as well as Markov, Hammer and spacer. Though Bieksa would probably get the spot with Markov. So, on paper he'd look like a number 2 guy (could turn it around and play to his potential making him 3rd) but to start off, he would be 5th guy.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 03:11 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Try 4, or 5. If he's playing as bad as nuck fans are saying, then he'd be behind Gorges as well as Markov, Hammer and spacer. Though Bieksa would probably get the spot with Markov. So, on paper he'd look like a number 2 guy (could turn it around and play to his potential making him 3rd) but to start off, he would be 5th guy.
I wouldn't say he's playing as bad as most Canuck fans say he is. Any fan that cheers for one team and sees a player playing bad will always be hard on that player. He's not playing great but I still think he fits nicely on the 1st pair with Markov and becomes the 3rd D man on the team.

Old
12-27-2009, 03:34 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
watching threads like this go sideways is funny

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 04:16 AM
Kagee*

Honestly no one on the Canadiens excites me to want to make a trade with them, no disprespect but the players we need and your team have available just don't matchup.

Except maybe a small trade involving Metropolit.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post
Honestly no one on the Canadiens excites me to want to make a trade with them, no disprespect but the players we need and your team have available just don't matchup.

I totally agree that Montreal has no tradeable players that would interest the Canucks. Bieksa is far more skilled than Weber and has already proved what he can do when he is playing to his potential. This whole thread has been about how to create and justify a trade between Vancouver and Montreal when in actual fact, the two teams are extremely poor trading partners. Now the "my team's players are better than your's" posters are out posting rediculous trade suggestions thinking the other team must be desperate.

Vancouver has two slight, and I mean slight, areas they could use improvement in. The Canucks defense for the most part are filled with NHL level #2, #3 or #4 defensemen, and that includes Bieksa as a #3. Vancouver has never had a #1 NHL level defenseman since losing Jovocop, but with the defensemen the Canucks do have, they can get away without a #1D. Still it would be an improvement to the team if the Canucks acquire a legitiment #1D. Trading Bieksa for Weber would actually be a downgrade to the Canucks defense in my opinion, especially this season. If the Canucks want to acquire a defensemen, especially a #1 or #2D, there are far better trading partners for the Canucks than the Habs (Nashville, St Louis, Chicago, Washington, Pheonix for example). For the most part, teams that could use our spare wingers more than depleating our defence by the Canucks trading Bieksa.

The other area that could currently, and in this case underline currently, use improvement is our 3rd or 4th line centre as Wellwood has not been playing up to expectations based on last year's play. The problem will soon be solved though. Either by Wellwood playing to expectations he has shown in the past he is capable of, Demitra coming back from LTIR, by Johnson coming back off of his injury, the farm team becoming healthy enough that one of our centre prospects can come up to the NHL, by picking up a player on waivers or by way of a minor trade. If it's by trade, again the Canucks have far better trading partners for a 3rd or 4th line centre than Montreal. Add that next season there is a likelyhood that we could have a fearce battle for those third & fouth line centre spots between Rypien, Bliznak, Bolduc, Hodgson and Schroeder.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post

I expected to see more posts like this. But damn so many Nucks fans want to ship out Bieksa.

Sure he's not having a great season but don't give up on the guy.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote