Congratulations to the boys for putting up the win tonight!!! Thanks to Patty(2X), Heater, Clowe and McGinn for putting the biscuit in the basket! Definitley great to see McClaren and Nichol for showing the Ducks that they can't push anyone around. Once again, Nabokov had so many tremendous saves that kept the opposition at a low scoring number.
Stomping the Ducks = wonderful Christmas present. For old times' sake (aka what I used to do when I actually had time to watch all the games), here's a good bad and ugly:
- Nichol. Gotta respect a guy who will throw down with someone a head taller than him just to wake up his team.
- Nabby. Solid as usual. Neither goal was at all his fault.
- Marleau. 300th career goal!
- Pavelski. Didn't give up on a play, ever.
- Heatley's shot. Never seen it live before, and man that goal... laser beam from space.
- The rookies. McLaren filled his (minimal) role, Demers is super awesome.
- The annoying people sitting behind me.
- Kentttt Huskinsssss. Ay caramba.
- Joe Thornton... I have no idea why he was first star, he couldn't keep the puck on his stick if his life depended on it.
- Blake was slow. Not bad really, but slow.
- Mitchell clearly does not have his whole game back yet.
- The hockey, for the most part. I think the ice was bad or something, it got really sloppy for a while there.
- Ortmeyer's fight. He got pwned.
- Kent. Mother effing. Huskins.