HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek the beast !!!

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 01:32 AM
HabsBaby18*

vCash: 500
Komisarek the beast !!!

What a hit on Thornton !!... the turning point of the game , after that hit , we scored big goals , and thornton wasn't the same.

Did you see his interview after the game ? He looked so pumped up and happy to participate .. I love this kid

Old
04-18-2004, 01:38 AM
velimiiro

Yeah, that was a huge hit he layed on Thornton, and well deserved for him

Komisarek in his rookie season is arguably our most punishing hitting when he really dishes out checks his hardest, i don't think anyone on the team can compare with his power, not even Souray. Thank god Quintal god injured (and i say this with the utmost respect for Quintal, i realize what he's done and what he means for this team, but these things happen, and it brought some good out of it).

Great game by Komisarek, this guy is going to be great for us.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:41 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Yeah, that was a huge hit he layed on Thornton, and well deserved for him

Komisarek in his rookie season is arguably our most punishing hitting when he really dishes out checks his hardest, i don't think anyone on the team can compare with his power, not even Souray. Thank god Quintal god injured (and i say this with the utmost respect for Quintal, i realize what he's done and what he means for this team, but these things happen, and it brought some good out of it).

Great game by Komisarek, this guy is going to be great for us.
I have watched the hit over and over again and everytime I see it it pomped me up lol ... especially when they show it from the fan side (glass side)... You see the glass really get moved big and Thornton falling on the ice and complaining

Old
04-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
God, I love Komisarek. This guy will be a corner stone of this club's futur.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:45 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
God, I love Komisarek. This guy will be a corner stone of this club's futur.
We will have a punishing defenceman , and a highly skilled player (Katsisyn) ... I can't wait.

Katsisyn - Koivu - Kovalev (if he stay)

Old
04-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Estimated_Prophet

I think I was more pumped over Komisarek's hit than I was over any of our 5 goals! It was nice to see that whiny, head hunting cheapshot artist get his mop splattered into the glass.

As far as Komisarek's play, I beleive he was extremely tentative and indecisive with the puck in the defensive zone but seemed to settle down after crushing Thornton. If Komisarek can keep his game simple and punish people when he gets the opportunity he could be a real force in game #7.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:48 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
I think I was more pumped over Komisarek's hit than I was over any of our 5 goals! It was nice to see that whiny, head hunting cheapshot artist get his mop splattered into the glass.

As far as Komisarek's play, I beleive he was extremely tentative and indecisive with the puck in the defensive zone but seemed to settle down after crushing Thornton. If Komisarek can keep his game simple and punish people when he gets the opportunity he could be a real force in game #7.
Next agenda for Komi : Crush Green and Samsonov ... Samsonov is stressing me all the time in the offensive zone :mad:

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 04-18-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Old
04-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
Next agenda for Komi : Crush Green and Samsonov ... Samsonov is stressing all the time in the offensive zone :mad:
he hit samsonov pretty good in game 5. that was a thing of beauty on thornton though. :gman:

Old
04-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Habber

Komi was great. I don't think there's any way CJ can sit him now, even if Quintal is ready to come back. If we're going to make it far, we need his physical presence in the lineup.

Old
04-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
My thoughts exactly!!!

Old
04-18-2004, 06:53 AM
tnq

speechless
long time we need type of player like Komi and Kovy in Montreal, and this year we have both

Old
04-18-2004, 07:37 AM
eddy

That hit was awesome, way to go Komi! Not only was it big and fun to watch but it really pumped up the other guys and thats when we really started scoring. Hopefully that is a little taste of what were gonna be seeing for years with Komisarek on the blueline.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
I am a big fan of Komi since he came in there last season, when he's on the ice I can't look after anything else but Komisarek. I heard a lot of things during the season comparing Komi to Dan Hamuis, two guys who were picked in the 2001 draft Komi 7th overall and Hamuis 18 if I remember. Probably Hamuis has much more talent but who can win those important games a 6-0 200 who make good first passes out of the defensive zone or a big 6-4 240 who can drop big guys like Thornton in the playoffs! Komi is made for playoffs and important moments and Hamuis is made for the hockey pools.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:44 AM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Komisarek WILL be great.... And i'm so happy that hes had the opportunity like many others to taste and witness Playoff Hockey. This is key in his own personal development. However will still see some unsure play, and moments when he will go for the big check and not make it... once again this is down to the fact that this is his first taste of post season hockey. We also saw him get that Minor penalty. That would probably be down to the fact he was too pumped up.... A normal problem with players experiencing a new environment and therefore exceeding the optimum performance level in an "Inverted U theory" Graph. Overall his play was quite good... very refreshing from Quintal - who has served this hockey club well but i believe this will be his swansong... Still think though that CJ may put him back in the line up though... that ol' experience thing, most hockey coaches harp on about..

Komisarek is definately a corner stone for our defense corp, in years to come... Him and Markov will be great, the Ruggedness of Komi, and the finesse of Markov, a lethal combination. I;m so glad to see him get this opportunity and look forward to see him play in game seven... Komi keep it simple, keep it sensible.....

GO :GO!!!!

Old
04-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
To quote TSN on Komisarek earlier in the season after a thundering hit:
"He's gonna be a good one."

Damn straight!

Old
04-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Mathletic

Old
04-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Komo = Bigger Scott Stevens.

Im really starting too see this, anybody else??

Old
04-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

Calm down Mooch. Stevens is one of the meanest SOB this game has ever seen.

But I could see Markov and Komisarek becoming a poor man Hatcher-Zubov number one pairing in 5-6-7 years. The big american hulking blueliner with the talented offensive defenseman.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:18 AM
markov`

I like your thinking, but Markov will be better than Zubov.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:19 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:

In terms of open-ice hits, I believe he's going to become as good.
Talentwise, I don't think they're comparable, though. If Komisarek can become half the player Stevens is (or was for that matter), I would be quite happy.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:22 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
i have some problems with komo....

first when he hits he always raises his elbow or his hand and punches him in the face...that could result in a penalty.
second once he gets a good hit, he goes and looks for other hits and gets penalty like yesterday.
third i want komo to produce offencivley and i want julien to put him on the pp

Old
04-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby

first when he hits he always raises his elbow or his hand and punches him in the face...that could result in a penalty.
second once he gets a good hit, he goes and looks for other hits and gets penalty like yesterday.
The two first points refer to his lack of experience, and third you want Claude Julien to put Komi instead of Markov or Rivet or Souray or Brisebois!?

Old
04-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Blackshad

One thing i like from him is his job in front of the net. Did you see last night?
He was clearing the front of the net and when the play is finished he just push and punch the players that are too close from Théodore. Now that's cool

Old
04-18-2004, 10:06 AM
jacklours

Quote:

I don't think so. Stevens is one of the best for open ice hits. While from what I can see from Komisarek, he is good along the board. he just cleans people that go near the board all the time. Did you guys notice in the middle of the third period, one of the Bruins player shat his pants when he saw Komisarek come to hit him so buddy (can't remember who it was) just let the puck pass him. Komi looked surprised, but he just took the puck and passed it to a forward.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:09 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby

When I saw your avatar and the name "prabby", I automatically knew this was going to be a negative post. Instead of looking at the bright... the way he has been great last night at keeping his game simple and giving bodychecks, you always have to complain about something, don't you? There are times to be pessimistic, but not now, puh-leez.

Closed Thread