HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#38: Flyers @ Islanders - December 27, 2009 - 5:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
LOL. Don't they let you use ipods or something? I know if I worked in an office and was stuck working on my computer all day that I'd be listening to music the entire time.
I did use my ipod, until she realized I had it turned up enough to tune her out and she would sit there and talk to herself for hours at a time. When this happened, she ran to my boss who therefore made up the excuse that it looks unprofessional, even though everyone else uses one, just to make her happy and shut her the **** up.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Don't you ever feel like you get lost in the shuffle, though? At least in retail, my individual contributions have a major impact on my team and our ability to meet and exceed our expectations. I like being a difference maker, not someone who just blends in and bats .250, if you would. I want a career that rewards my great performance with nice raises and plenty of opportunities for promotion, somewhere that allows my individual contributions to a team effort to shine.
I'm exactly the same way - I don't know that I could function in a huge company or a huge department. I've mostly worked for smaller companies where I'm not just a number, and I have the opportunity to expand my experience.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I did use my ipod, until she realized I had it turned up enough to tune her out and she would sit there and talk to herself for hours at a time. When this happened, she ran to my boss who therefore made up the excuse that it looks unprofessional, even though everyone else uses one, just to make her happy and shut her the **** up.
I lived with my headphones on. My co-worker was still louder. It works to block out some of the sound, but not all (and I had to be able to hear my phone).

Old
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Don't you ever feel like you get lost in the shuffle, though? At least in retail, my individual contributions have a major impact on my team and our ability to meet and exceed our expectations. I like being a difference maker, not someone who just blends in and bats .250, if you would. I want a career that rewards my great performance with nice raises and plenty of opportunities for promotion, somewhere that allows my individual contributions to a team effort to shine.
Working in retail was the worst experience of my life. It's just non-stop, cut throat ********. Of course there's the cut throat ******** in corporate workplaces too, but I much prefer a slower pace of work, and a job where I can have holidays and weekends off.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I lived with my headphones on. My co-worker was still louder. It works to block out some of the sound, but not all (and I had to be able to hear my phone).
As did I. Plus on top of her talking, she purposely did little things that pissed me off. She has an apple every day, and crunches the **** out of it, then she'll have cottage cheese and scrape the bottom everytime even though it's full, and she knows those are the little things that work on my nerves. I was happy with my ipod, because even though most of the time I could still hear her, I would just pretend that I couldn't, and it was enough to cover up the other ****. Now that I can't listen to it, she does this **** even louder.

Old
12-28-2009, 11:13 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
As did I. Plus on top of her talking, she purposely did little things that pissed me off. She has an apple every day, and crunches the **** out of it, then she'll have cottage cheese and scrape the bottom everytime even though it's full, and she knows those are the little things that work on my nerves. I was happy with my ipod, because even though most of the time I could still hear her, I would just pretend that I couldn't, and it was enough to cover up the other ****. Now that I can't listen to it, she does this **** even louder.
Kambo, I swear we had the same co-worker. Mine ate constantly. She'd have breakfast, then she'd have a huge bowl of yogurt with berries (clinking the friggen' bowl with every spoonful, to the point where I hear a clink on glass now and shudder), then she'd have a mid-morning snack. Then she'd have rice cakes or something in a cellophane bag (crinkle, crinkle, crinkle). THEN she'd have lunch.

I've never seen anyone eat so much. Every single friggen' day. Ever seen an overweight vegetarian? I have.

Old
12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
BernieParent

Re: Briere disallowed goal. How can Toronto say that it was a deliberate kick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGB_6u_pmP8

At 0:54-0:55, Briere isn't even looking at his foot, and his momentum is clearly by contact with the Islander D. And the burden of proof is that the video replay must be inconclusive to overrule the on-ice call.

Unbelievable!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:44 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

At 0:54-0:55, Briere isn't even looking at his foot, and his momentum is clearly by contact with the Islander D. And the burden of proof is that the video replay must be inconclusive to overrule the on-ice call.

Unbelievable!
I see your avatar is a picture of one of the workers in the War Room?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Working in retail was the worst experience of my life. It's just non-stop, cut throat ********. Of course there's the cut throat ******** in corporate workplaces too, but I much prefer a slower pace of work, and a job where I can have holidays and weekends off.
For me, it's the people I work with that make the job enjoyable, not the work itself. I hate working, period, and as long as I'm working with people who are fun, I actually can have a good time. I'm the kind of guy who cracks jokes during the meeting about lackluster second quarter numbers, yet is serious enough to propose solutions to existing problems.

I need to get a real degree and get on with my life, haha.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
must be nice to have a job where ipods and cell phones are allowed.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
How the hell did this work discussion come from a game day thread?

In isolation none of the last three wins is that impressive, but in succession they're pretty satisfying, particularly since things were going as poorly they were. If we can beat the Rangers next game that'll go a long way towards convincing me that they're really back on track .

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
must be nice to have a job where ipods and cell phones are allowed.
If you aren't allowed a cell phone and your job doesn't involve a security clearance then you are probably failing at life.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
he was getting pushed, no kick involved

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:

Unbelievable!
That's basically what Briere was saying after the game. He definitely wasn't pumped about the call...

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Kambo, I swear we had the same co-worker. Mine ate constantly. She'd have breakfast, then she'd have a huge bowl of yogurt with berries (clinking the friggen' bowl with every spoonful, to the point where I hear a clink on glass now and shudder), then she'd have a mid-morning snack. Then she'd have rice cakes or something in a cellophane bag (crinkle, crinkle, crinkle). THEN she'd have lunch.

I've never seen anyone eat so much. Every single friggen' day. Ever seen an overweight vegetarian? I have.
The best part is, this ***** complains constantly about how she needs to lose weight. The morning she'll do her cottage cheese, then apple. For lunch, she has a protein shake which she feels the need to blend at the desk even though the break room is right down the aisle, and has to slurp every.last.drop. After lunch, she'll have an orange, and then normally does a bag of animal crackers from the vending machine. And every single one is just as annoying as the other, except for maybe the orange. The only thing I can do to get back to her is crunch ice. The other one that hasn't showed for work since July used to crunch all day long, and I know it irked her, so I took on the new role even though that drove me crazy too.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
If you aren't allowed a cell phone and your job doesn't involve a security clearance then you are probably failing at life.
well I do work in a factory so the signals from a cellphone is weak anyway and the noise is an issue listening to music with the machinery.
Would be nice to have earphones listening to music.
Maybe with the phones now that have cameras they are worried about trade secrets being given away?

Old
12-28-2009, 12:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
he was getting pushed, no kick involved
this isnt the first time, nor the last they have effed up a call in the "war room"
They need to find a way to get it right, no they need to clarify the kicking rule, because there seems to be a gray area.

Old
12-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Kambo

Quote:

Unbelievable!
The best part about that video is Lappy's face in the background when they anounce no goal .

Old
12-28-2009, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
The best part about that video is Lappy's face in the background when they anounce no goal .
yeah and Briere almost laughing in amazement.
dont think anyone should be shocked that it was overturned.
Thats a goal in some NHL cities.

Old
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Briere rolled his eyes about 2 seconds after that video ends, and was laughing.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

the look on Lappy's face was priceless

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
How the hell did this work discussion come from a game day thread?

In isolation none of the last three wins is that impressive, but in succession they're pretty satisfying, particularly since things were going as poorly they were. If we can beat the Rangers next game that'll go a long way towards convincing me that they're really back on track .
Every thread on this board turns into an OBT thread! As far as work goes, I have the best of both worlds...if I really want to be alone, I just drive around and do my own thing. If not, I'll help the guys with their calls, if I'm not on my own calls..... I could never work in an office.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Every thread on this board turns into an OBT thread! As far as work goes, I have the best of both worlds...if I really want to be alone, I just drive around and do my own thing. If not, I'll help the guys with their calls, if I'm not on my own calls..... I could never work in an office.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Haha...love that movie. I meant my own thing like stopping cars, patrol, etc. Not fishing, sleeping, etc.....lol

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
BerubeBox*

I agreed with the call. It hurts to say that because I just know their ********* announcers were probably adamant about it from the beginning, if not angry, and were probably smug when the call was finally made. As opposed to ours who, aside from Coatesy, thought it was close.

Bottom line for me is I saw what I thought of as a dkm. I think some people confuse the word "distinct" with "ideal", thinking it should resemble a soccer kick. It can be distinct and subtle at the same time. The way I saw it the leg went out of its way to run into the puck, even if it was a matter of 8ths of an inch.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote