1.habs, of course
2. Ottawa- like mentioned before great team and still able to have a good group of prospects
3. remaining Candian teams, like to cheer for them though it's tough to cheer on the leafs,haha
4. New jersey- somtimes boring to watch but gotta respect there team chemistry
5.Detroit- Got alot of respect for some of the veterans on that team, especially Stevie Yzerman
2 - Vancouver : Don't know why, but I always liked their team. Maybe because there is so many habs fans over there ... I'm returning the favour !
3 - Not much for third place ... Maybe Calgary ... but my love for the habs takes too much place to realy have room for anything else !
Edit : I figured out why I placed Calgary third. Their playoff run in 1989 are my oldest hockey memories. Edmonton in 1990 is much crispier tho. Officially been a hockey addict since the season following Edmonton's win in 1990 (I used to only watch the playoffs before that win ... I didn't like watching hockey on tv, just playing it with my friends in the street).
After them I cheer for every Canadian team that we aren't playing against at the moment, even Toronto.
As for American teams, I used to cheer for Colorado when Patrick played for them, now that he's gone they don't matter much to me anymore. There are players on other teams that I really do like including Sakic, Hejduk, Naslund, Marian Hossa, Satan, Kovalchuck, Heatley, Lang & Nylander... all guys I'd love to see in Montreal.
I was going for Minnesota in last years playoffs, I was happy when they got a team back there too. Minnesota just seems like a place where a hockey team belongs.
1. Habs. I have a picture of me at age 2 or 3 pushing one of those toy vaccuums filled with coloured balls (no psych comments please! ) around the living room with my dad's habs jersey on, fitting me like a mumu (just needed Homer's fat guy hat). When I was 5 I found out that the habs won the cup on my actual birthdate (May 14, 1977), which gave me something more tangible to work with than liking the jersey! The rest, including Mats Naslund and Patrick Roy of course, is history.
2. Ottawa. Ever since before the recent expansion I thought it was wrong that the capital city of the home of hockey went so long without a team. Since it is an awesome city, is beautiful, and filled with much nicer people than Toronto, it moves up to second best Canadian team, and consequently number 2 overall. For the record, this used to be held by the Nordiques, whose farm team was my home town (Halifax), and for whom Claude Julien played back in the day. I even have a Halifax Citadels puck signed by Ron Tugnutt (for the record, I also scored on him when some of the Citadels came to our team's practise)!!
3. Chicago. Believe it or not. Is (and always has been) Dad's favourite team, and when I was both getting into hockey cards and becoming a hockey goalie myself, Dad got me a Tony Esposito rookie card as kind of a "good luck" or inspiration gift. I still have it in plastic less than 2 ft from where I sleep. I grew up on tales of Hulls (yes Hulls, i.e. Bobby and Dennis), Mikita, Esposito, little "Pit" Martin etc. I hate to see an original 6 suck so bad like they do now...
4. Edmonton. Gretzky and crew... enough said. I live here now, so depending on how long I stay, it might go to number 3 in some kind of tie.
5. Colorado, I guess. I know this is really the Nordiques in wolves clothing, but here we are. Joe Sakic = one of my all time favs with Patty Roy, and that Forsberg chap is alright, so they say! Add an Alex Tanguay (former Halifax Moosehead... so what if I'm obviously a Halifax homer? Best city in Canada, and I should know by know since I've lived in most! ), subtract a Ray Bourque, and mulitply by Rob Blake and you get spot number 5.
2-Flyers : Loved them with the big line with Lindros , love them with Gagne , Roenick .. it's a team i always liked .
3-Buffalo : French conexion in the team , had a spectacular goalie ( hasek ) few years ago so i loved them for a while too .
I could also add that I used to like the Pens with Lemieux and Jagr ....
Coming up ( coould take 3rd spot ) : Trashers , Sharks and maybe New York Rangers if we can see a Balej-Lindros-Jagr line
Last edited by Team_Spirit: 04-17-2004 at 05:49 AM.