Where do YOU stand?

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 10:22 PM
pblc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Agreed. I want them to win as much as anyone else here does........but I have no idea what to expect.
O.k time to get off the freaking fence. Sullivan finally changes the lines, uses last change to effectively counter the Habs......the boys finally realize that this is it.......time to do it for real..........they all bring their "A" game........Rayzor stands on his head and we win 4-1. Time for someone else to get their hearts broken.........time to wipe the smug looks of the Habs fans faces at work.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

The Bruins will win this. I'm sick of BS negativity and "I told you so" holier than thou garbage. May the Keyboard Koaches look like fools.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:34 PM
ajs

After the game last night, I said we're done in 7. But after hearing the boys today, my faith is re-newed!

BRUIN PRIDE

Old
04-18-2004, 10:48 PM
DBL

The Bruins are the better team and tomorrow I have a feeling they will be on there game for sure. With the home crowd going there will be no quit in this team either and that makes me confident the B's will pull it off. I've got a blowout by the B's, 5-2 with an empty netter.

I just can't freaking wait!

Old
04-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
The Bruins are the better team and tomorrow I have a feeling they will be on there game for sure. With the home crowd going there will be no quit in this team either and that makes me confident the B's will pull it off. I've got a blowout by the B's, 5-2 with an empty netter.

I just can't freaking wait!
You can't wait? My adenaline is on warp speed. I'm sitting here now thinking I probably will only get 1-2 hours sleep tonight. I'm THAT wound up...Good thing I am my own boss on nights like this-Think I'll plan a REAL easy day for tomorrow. Maybe make 2 phone calls and read a book I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH- GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!! GO BRUINS GO!!

Old
04-18-2004, 11:18 PM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
Whoever scores first, wins.

Boston loses ALL home ice advantage if the Canadiens score first, and the wheels come off the wagon. We have the worst home fans of any playoff-calibur team in any professional sport that I've ever seen live (Devils included). Unfortunately, I don't think many of the diehards make it out to the Fleet, and that hurts the Bruins big-time.

Of course, since this is Boston, and we love a good bandwagon, if the Bruins score first, the place will be bloody murder for the Habs and Razor should have plenty to feed off of.

I know that sounds like a total hedge bet, but it says a lot that I'm not just picking the Bruins outright. Namely that I'm fairly embarassed at how lousy our barn is.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Carolina_Bruin

Win, lose, or stink up the place the B's are my team and I'll stick by them no matter what. B's win 2-1 with Raycroft, Lapointe, and Green the 3 stars. Thornton will be on the ice late in the third with an empty net, he'll cross the blue line, pull up and find Murray in the slot and Murry will fan on the shot as the game ends.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Cam_Orr_Ray

Bruins win 6-2 Travis Green or Marty gonna step up big time, Gonchar finishes out the series the way he started with a big game, 3 point night for sergei and theo lets in a softie right off the get go and is shakey the rest of the game or until pulled.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:38 AM
mflo77

this must be said once again

sorry to everybody for my second yet similar post. It just must be said.

LETS **** THEM UP

MFLO77

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 04-19-2004 at 06:22 AM. Reason: circumvention of obscenity filter edited
Old
04-19-2004, 12:40 AM
amazingcrwns

No doubt in my mind the Bruins will be playing the Flyers in the next round. I don't know the score and it doesn't matter what the score is. All that matters is that we get win number 4 of the post season and take that next step towards the Cup.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:44 AM
mflo77

well no predictions from me.

I want to see Joe have a huge night and shut up all the critics.

GO B'S GO

mflo77

Old
04-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
O.k time to get off the freaking fence. Sullivan finally changes the lines, uses last change to effectively counter the Habs......the boys finally realize that this is it.......time to do it for real..........they all bring their "A" game........Rayzor stands on his head and we win 4-1. Time for someone else to get their hearts broken.........time to wipe the smug looks of the Habs fans faces at work.

WooHoo! great to have you back on the bandwagon, i saved you a spot

Old
04-19-2004, 02:48 AM
thesavage

Bruins win 3 -1 - 3 stars:
#1 Joe Thornton
#2 Andrew Raycroft
#3 Nick Boynton

Old
04-19-2004, 04:53 AM
chicpea*

Anyway, I wish good luck to both teams tomorrow, especially to Joe (I hate how you guys nail him when he's down - not all of you, but a lot) and I hope the Habs come out on top. Either way, it's been a hell of a series! Good night see you tomorrow at game time.

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 04-19-2004 at 07:20 AM. Reason: response to previously deleted post edited out
Old
04-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Jeff from Maine

Hmmm

Faith huh?

Theres a reason that FAITH is oft refered to as having an absence of rational thought...

I tend to stay away from posts/polls like this...they are usually made to talk yourself and others into something you yourself dont actually believe...

But anyways...

I dont back off my prediction I made in the beginning.....B`s in 7.

B`s then beat Philly in 6 or 7.

Anything less than this, and the whole team needs to be reevaluated for heart and guts!

Later

Old
04-19-2004, 06:33 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Seeing as how the B's have never lost when up 3-1, the Habs have never won when down 3-1, we are at home, and I just can't imagine the Habs beating us 3 games in a row, I'm feeling good about a win tonight, but it's going to be a long, anxious day!!

Old
04-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Stock Rocks

Bruins win a close one. No doubt in my mind they can and will do it...

There is a reason I hate the Canadiens more than any other team. Now, perhaps some of you younger fans will understand where us old fogies were coming from all these years...

This has been great to see the rivalry renewed.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I *want* to win Powerball, but it doesnt mean I believe I will. Faith means believing, not just wanting. All I am saying is you either believe or you don't.

And yes, I saw the emoticon. Big whoop.

I find it pretty disturbing the way some here have just totally turned on the B's after the last two games.

Where were these guys after Game 4?

Oh yeah- they were probably looking ahead to round 2.

What a shame we have to put up with people like that. Nobody is saying be a blind homer, but you still have to support your team and believe in them.

As Bruwinz said- if you jump ship now, we don't want you back. Go root for someone else, because Bruins hockey is obviously something you don't hold very sacred.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:41 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntoNeely198
Whoever scores first, wins.

Boston loses ALL home ice advantage if the Canadiens score first, and the wheels come off the wagon. We have the worst home fans of any playoff-calibur team in any professional sport that I've ever seen live (Devils included). Unfortunately, I don't think many of the diehards make it out to the Fleet, and that hurts the Bruins big-time.

Of course, since this is Boston, and we love a good bandwagon, if the Bruins score first, the place will be bloody murder for the Habs and Razor should have plenty to feed off of.

I know that sounds like a total hedge bet, but it says a lot that I'm not just picking the Bruins outright. Namely that I'm fairly embarassed at how lousy our barn is.
I agree.

I said it before and i'll say it again, you can not play catch up repeatedly in the playoffs. Raycroft can save our bacon while we take chances only so many times.
We blew our chance in game 5, Montreal survived our poundings and our shots on net, got the first goal and you coukld actually see them start top swell.

a) the B's must score first....
b) and they must do it by storming the net.....40 shots on net ain't worth a damn if 35 of them are from the perimeter and no one is pounding the slot for the blue line slapshot rebounds.
c) Pray that someone puts Ex-lax in Theodore's Maypo before he remembers what he gets paid for....
d) Kouivu MUST be contained....he's the catalyst, their best player, their heart and soul. Kovalev did squat until he was put on his line....think it's too late to get Stevie Kasper to lace them up for the night?
e) Outside of 2 (3?) goals, every score by Montreal has been within a few feet of the goalline.....the slot MUST BE CLEARED WITH AUTHORITY.
f) I do NOT want to see Shellac-head on the ice as referee.....

The whole season comes down to 1 game....i love this time of year but I can't take too much more of this confounding circumstances...it's put up or shut up time.

One prediction I will definitely put on the table......if the B's lose, there will be a major changeover of personnel after the CBA. The 700 lb. line will go through some managerial lipo-suction....guaranteed.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:53 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks

I find it pretty disturbing the way some here have just totally turned on the B's after the last two games.

Where were these guys after Game 4?

Oh yeah- they were probably looking ahead to round 2.

What a shame we have to put up with people like that. Nobody is saying be a blind homer, but you still have to support your team and believe in them.

As Bruwinz said- if you jump ship now, we don't want you back. Go root for someone else, because Bruins hockey is obviously something you don't hold very sacred.
Why pull punches....just start naming names.

My faith was radically shaken after game 5. I am livid that they didn't stick the dagger into Montreal when they had the chance.
A real team with character and killer instinct, (ie, do whatever it takes, confidently, to win), would've put them away....this Bruins team let it slip to a game 7 instead.

They are the better team in terms of talent and skill....it they finally show up, (and they seem to do that when their backs are against the wall), they won't go past 5 games in the next round against Philly if they play the same way they have in the last 4.

All I hope is that the Bruins team I saw during the stretch, shows up and proves me wrong...

Old
04-19-2004, 08:00 AM
bb74

If I recall correctly, this post was started with the question - Who do you believe will win Game 7?

Now there is a lot of mud-slinging to all those who believe that the B's may not make it out of the barn tonight...

The fact of the matter is that after the past few games, the Habs have more momentum & have played better than the B's so why throw mud at someone, even a B's fan, commenting that the Habs might just take the series in 7 - that observation has nothing to do with one's desire to see the B's smack the Habs and win 7-0 in the Fleet tonight so let's go easy on those with an open (if somewhat negative outlook on tonight's game)

As for predictions, imagine yourself in 1995 and guessing the date the "Big Dig" would be complete....

That being said, here are some observations concerning the game tonight: If Sullivan continues to match Joe against Koivu we lose. If we do not get speed on the top line (Sammy or Rolston on LW), we lose. If Joe does not record a point we lose. If we get behind at any time on the scoreboard tonight, we lose.

Does that mean we will lose. No. The B's can take this game at will - it is just unclear if there is enough "will" across the roster to do so.

Now for the prediction - B's 4-3 in 1st 0T with Sammy GWG from Nylander & Slegr

Old
04-19-2004, 08:02 AM
CocoBruin

Bruins 3:1

Old
04-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Pielsman

I still say the floodgates will open (for B's scoring) and the B's go on to play the Flyers.

I'll be in front of a tv in a hotel somewhere in NJ watching tonight.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Pielsman

My faith was radically shaken after game 5. I am livid that they didn't stick the dagger into Montreal when they had the chance.
A real team with character and killer instinct, (ie, do whatever it takes, confidently, to win), would've put them away....this Bruins team let it slip to a game 7 instead.
Originally posted by BubbaBoot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bubba, I think Gordie Kluzak put it best during game 5 when he said; "it looks like the Habs desparation is stronger than the B's killer instinct".

In game 7 the B's better play desparate, and I think they will.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
BRUINS will do it.

4 - 2

Bergeron will solidify his place in Bruins folklore for a new generation.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Closed Thread