Notices

Where do YOU stand?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500

Going with the gut feeling here... Fandom aside (as much as I can)... And I truly believe that the Bruins will win this game...

I'm scared as hell, however, because my brain says otherwise.

I put my vote in for a win though, as my brain is usually wrong.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:23 AM
bb_fan

we win!!!!!!!

expect the Bruins to come out like they did in game one!

Last edited by bb_fan: 04-19-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old
04-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

I tought we should have won game 5 and 6 so i still think we will win tonight. I don't know what the score will be or how we'll win but the boys will find a way to win. We also have our secret weapon DKH in attendance tonight and he never saw a 7 game loss, predicted a win and he's like 6 in 6 in his prediction up to date in this series. We WILL win.
BUT, like Jeff says, if we lose, this team needs to be reevaluated for heart and guts! Losing against this Mtl team after being up 3-1 would be devastating. But it won't happen...

Lets go Boys! Play with heart and kill those smurfs!!!

Go B's!

Old
04-19-2004, 08:25 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Faith huh?

Theres a reason that FAITH is oft refered to as having an absence of rational thought...

I tend to stay away from posts/polls like this...they are usually made to talk yourself and others into something you yourself dont actually believe...

But anyways...

I dont back off my prediction I made in the beginning.....B`s in 7.

B`s then beat Philly in 6 or 7.

Anything less than this, and the whole team needs to be reevaluated for heart and guts!

Later
When it comes to sports, that is the most bogus definition of faith that I have ever heard.

Where is the absence of rational thought? The Series is tied 3-3, we're on home ice, and we have just as good a chance as they do.....

Because the Bruins have looked like crap for two games, it's an automatic for the third game?

How is it possible to be a fan and NOT have faith? It's what we live on, as well as the other 15 teams that made the play-offs. The first definition of faith you find in the dictionary is "An allegiance to duty or a person", in this case TEAM. Or look at it as "Supreme Confidence" or "Something that is believed with strong conviction."

If we don't have faith in the Bruins, we don't have anything...

Old
04-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Bruin_Ron

Bruins will win it 3-1.

Marty gets the first goal. Hard battle in front of the net.

Brisebois scores the only Habs goal from the high slot on a shot to the top corner that Rayzor just misses.

Finally, early in the third, Sammy scores on a beautiful feed from Joe. Bruins hold on til the end, as Rayzor wins this one for us.

Green adds the empty net goal for good measure.. as the true warriors come through

Old
04-19-2004, 08:40 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piels
My faith was radically shaken after game 5. I am livid that they didn't stick the dagger into Montreal when they had the chance.
A real team with character and killer instinct, (ie, do whatever it takes, confidently, to win), would've put them away....this Bruins team let it slip to a game 7 instead.
Originally posted by BubbaBoot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bubba, I think Gordie Kluzak put it best during game 5 when he said; "it looks like the Habs desparation is stronger than the B's killer instinct".

In game 7 the B's better play desparate, and I think they will.
I understand Piels....it's not like I want the B's to lose and they most certaunly will be playing desperate.
I honestly thought after the first 2 games that they were running on all cylinders, looking like the juggernaut that we all though they were.

The road looks different now though, eh?

On a side note...had a kid from Montreal in the shop yesterday, inquiring about Mission of Burma vinyl, saying it looks as if it's as hard to get down here in their hometown as it is up in Montreal.

I said, "Montreal, eh? Your Canadjiuns are spanking my Bruins right now"

He looked rather sheepishly and said, "I guess i really shouldn't say anything right now, eh?"

"I thought for sure we would stick you guys hard in game 5 but you ******** are still around"...I replied

He replied , "Tomorrow night should be a good one"....as he scampered away.

I was being friendly, in my Charles Manson kind of way, I guess.....

Old
04-19-2004, 08:45 AM
wensink

I'm proud of this team.

I think we can win this game if we go back to what made us successful in the first game. The recent B's team looked like one that was afraid to win/lose?

I haven't quit on this team all year. I'm not about to do that now!!

Go B's!!!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 09:12 AM
BeantownBilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks

I find it pretty disturbing the way some here have just totally turned on the B's after the last two games.

Where were these guys after Game 4?

Oh yeah- they were probably looking ahead to round 2.

What a shame we have to put up with people like that. Nobody is saying be a blind homer, but you still have to support your team and believe in them.

As Bruwinz said- if you jump ship now, we don't want you back. Go root for someone else, because Bruins hockey is obviously something you don't hold very sacred.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Duguay

Excellent point JfromM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Faith huh?

Theres a reason that FAITH is oft refered to as having an absence of rational thought...

I tend to stay away from posts/polls like this...they are usually made to talk yourself and others into something you yourself dont actually believe...

But anyways...

I dont back off my prediction I made in the beginning.....B`s in 7.

B`s then beat Philly in 6 or 7.

Anything less than this, and the whole team needs to be reevaluated for heart and guts!

Later
Sorry, but with all due respect, I too dislike this kind of threadstarter.
I'm a fan of free thought, free speach, and usually this leads to a bunch of mindless chestpounding. The 'you're in, or your out' line reeks of McCarthyism.
To say 'if you don't believe - you're not a fan...get out' is misgiven at best, and in fact, many who have responded probably really do have a bad feeling right now.
That's nothing more than intuition. If people want to make you feel ashamed for educated, honest intuition; well, I always say stand up and speak your mind anyway.

Please, continue to speak your own mind(s) on this board. That's why this board is the best. It's not only a place for cheerleading, but also a spot for unbiased, objective, intelligent, articulation.

But, I guess like Jeff, I'll bite anyway, and due to the gravity of the situation I too will stick my opinion in.

Here are my true feelings;

The Bruins have crapped the bed - and they know it. The leaders of this team have let their team, and fans down - and they know it. They can do one of two things; wilt or stand up. I predict that Gonchar, Murray and Thornton go to work tonight, and win this hockey game. The law of averages allows that they are due, and the nuances of pride should allow for them to seek redemption.

Boston is the better team.

We need disipline, we could really use the first goal (although not imperative), and we really need Joe.

Boston 3 - 1. (Gonchar, Murray and Samsonov (en). Thornton 2 assists, and a solid steady showing from Raycroft.

If we show up in Philly like we did in this series; we'll have our ***** handed to us.

But that's for another day, right?

Go Boston Go! May the force be with us.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay
Sorry, but with all due respect, I too dislike this kind of threadstarter.
I'm a fan of free thought, free speach, and usually this leads to a bunch of mindless chestpounding. The 'you're in, or your out' line reeks of McCarthyism.
To say 'if you don't believe - you're not a fan...get out' is misgiven at best, and in fact, many who have responded probably really do have a bad feeling right now.
That's nothing more than intuition. If people want to make you feel ashamed for educated, honest intuition; well, I always say stand up and speak your mind anyway.
:
I think you are mis-interpreting the meaning of this thread. It isnt mindless chest thumping, it is a thread to determine where everyone stands. It is not McCarthyism or some kind of love it or leave it attitude. It is so we have a documented list of what people actually believed going into game 7. God knows that every time we win a game we have a contingent that dissapears until the next loss...then all of the sudden they come out of the woodwork. It has happened all season. We are a freakin' 104 point, 2nd seed with a game in our barn. Why shouldnt we have faith? There is nothing wrong with asking for people where they stand so dont try to make it anything more than that.

I would, however, question how you can be a fan if your team is a favorite to win the series and has a game 7 in their own building and you dont think they will win. To me, that is sad. It will be more telling the people that dont participate in this thread rather than the people who stand up and support the team.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

I think the Bruins have been outplayed since Game 2. For that reason I believe we'll lose the series. Joe Thornton has proven, once again, that he's not a playoff performer.

34 6 12 18 -8 41

Our slow footed D are killing us in the Defensive zone.

Best of luck to the Habs against Tampa Bay.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Mike B.

I don't know. The Bruins chances in this game will be better if it is an actual hockey game, rather than a divefest where Joe Thornton skates "too close" to Andrei Markov and he has an epileptic seizure at center ice.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
I think the Bruins have been outplayed since Game 2. For that reason I believe we'll lose the series. Joe Thornton has proven, once again, that he's not a playoff performer.

34 6 12 18 -8 41

Wow...are you even going to watch?

Old
04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Wow...are you even going to watch?
Sure I'll watch, it could be the last Bruins game for a long time if there's a lockout.

You cannot argue that we've been outplayed in this series. I cannot wait for Joe's excuses tomorrow morning. If he says that a 5'2" smurf held him back, ala Madden, ............ :mad:

Old
04-19-2004, 10:55 AM
WBC8

Quote:

34 6 12 18 -8 41

Sheez....Did you knock women and children out of the way to the lifeboat ala Billy Zane in "Titanic".....

Those 34 games Thornton has played in the play-offs are 22 more than Joe Sakic played in his first 7 seasons for the Nordiques. Think they're glad they didn't toss him?

Old
04-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Sheez....Did you knock women and children out of the way to the lifeboat ala Billy Zane in "Titanic".....

Those 34 games Thornton has played in the play-offs are 22 more than Joe Sakic played in his first 7 seasons for the Nordiques. Think they're glad they didn't toss him?
The subject title of this thread is "Where do you stand."

When the Bruins are up 3-1 in the series and blow 2 in a row to allow the Habs to tie it up at 3-3 says a lot about the character of this team. It also says a lot about the Habs and how bad they want it. I don't think the Bruins want it as bad as the Habs which has showed in the Bruins play since game 2.

Yeah I think they'll choke tonight and it will suck. But that's life.

We'll never hear the end of it either. That's what sucks even more.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

When the Bruins are up 3-1 in the series and blow 2 in a row to allow the Habs to tie it up at 3-3 says a lot about the character of this team. It also says a lot about the Habs and how bad they want it. I don't think the Bruins want it as bad as the Habs which has showed in the Bruins play since game 2.

Well I applaud you....at least you have the guts to fess up and say that you dont have any faith. There will be lots more who didnt lay it on the line and post their hate if we dont win the Cup.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Duguay

OK then, but

Quote:
I think you are mis-interpreting the meaning of this thread. It isnt mindless chest thumping, it is a thread to determine where everyone stands. It is not McCarthyism or some kind of love it or leave it attitude. It is so we have a documented list of what people actually believed going into game 7. God knows that every time we win a game we have a contingent that dissapears until the next loss...then all of the sudden they come out of the woodwork. It has happened all season. We are a freakin' 104 point, 2nd seed with a game in our barn. Why shouldnt we have faith? There is nothing wrong with asking for people where they stand so dont try to make it anything more than that.

I would, however, question how you can be a fan if your team is a favorite to win the series and has a game 7 in their own building and you dont think they will win. To me, that is sad. It will be more telling the people that dont participate in this thread rather than the people who stand up and support the team.
On one hand you ask for accountability (which I am a believer in), but then on the other hand, you hold the accounters accountable for their 'opinion.'

That's like a survey at work, where the bosses ask for your so-called opinion on unions, or profit sharing - only to fire the employess who happen to believe in it.

A gut instinct is a gut instinct. It's not herecy. We all get bad feelings from time to time y'know, and I guarantee you that many of those who have fallen into your self imposed role call...may have more than they're willing to divulge in this forum.

Sorry, but I find it a tad imperialistic for one to stand up and say, I take it upon myself to judge you, and judge your opinions. And furthermore, it's up to me who rides on the bandwagon from this moment onwards! We have a list!

What can I say? It seems philosophically that you and I tend to end up on different sides of the fence with most issues. And that too is what this exercise is all about. It grows our minds to think on a wide spectrum.

That's the way I see it anyway; but other than that, at the end of the day, we know we'll both be on the edge of our chairs with fishbowls for stomachs.

Lets go Bruins! It's in yah.

Last edited by Duguay: 04-19-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 11:08 AM
WBC8

Quote:

Fair enough...Hopefully you'll be wrong though.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:16 AM
sammy87

Bruins 3-1.

Knuble,Green, and Lapointe with goals.

Begin scores for Montreal

Old
04-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Tim O'Reilly

I find that if I water my grass in the morning that it............ wait, this is a board about hockey? Oops..................

Just trying to bring a little humour to the day folks! In a situation like this you gotta have a laugh!

That being said WE WILL be the the one's laughing tonight!

There have been too many positive things happen to the Bruins over their history for me to give up now!

WE WILL WIN!

4-2, and Joe gets 2 points.

HERE WE GO BRUINS........... HERE WE GO!

Old
04-19-2004, 11:34 AM
supernova

Like my brother said this morning, its hard to beat ANY team 3 times in a row. This coming from a Habs fan of 35 years. With home ice, the law of averages, and the pressure of possibly blowing a 3-1 lead, I think the Bs are going to be just fine. They will pull out a close win I believe, and if I were a betting man I'd put my money on the Count getting the game winner. Come on 8 o'clock.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Bostonfreak

I Love My Bruins!!! Lol!! Go Boston Go!!! This Is Our Time!1 So Dont Quite Now!

Old
04-19-2004, 12:19 PM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Well I applaud you....at least you have the guts to fess up and say that you dont have any faith. There will be lots more who didnt lay it on the line and post their hate if we dont win the Cup.
Not that I want to the Bruins to lose of course, but the scenario of how many of the "faithful" that stoop to vindictive diatribes if/when they start dissecting the postseason, is a curiosity for me....after all, some folks are never satisfied, no matter what the outcome is.

Personally, I will hurl no hatred at any Bruin and I say nothing more than, win or lose, I'm dissapointed with how we've arrived at this point....then I'll get on with the rest of the day.

With that, I guess you know where I stand here in the sand.....and I'm done with this thinly veiled thread.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay
On one hand you ask for accoutability (which I am a believer in), but then on the other hand, you hold the accounters accountable for their 'opinion.'

That's like a survey at work, where the bosses ask for your so-called opinion on unions, or profit sharing - only to fire the employess who happen to believe in it.

A gut instinct is a gut instinct. It's not herecy. We all get bad feelings from time to time y'know, and I guarantee you that many of those who have fallen into your self imposed role call...may have more than they're willing to divulge in this forum.

Sorry, but I find it a tad imperialistic for one to stand up and say, I take it upon myself to judge you, and judge your opinions. And furthermore, it's up to me who rides on the bandwagon from this moment onwards! We have a list!

What can I say? It seems philosophically that you and I tend to end up on different sides of the fence with most issues. And that too is what this exercise is all about. It grows our minds to think on a wide spectrum.

That's the way I see it anyway; but other than that, at the end of the day, we know we'll both be on the edge of our chairs with fishbowls for stomachs.

Lets go Bruins! It's in yah.
Duguay, let me first say I have always respected you and your opinions. I understand where you are coming from, and re-reading my posts maybe it is a little "love it or leave it" attitude. One one hand I am calling for accountability and on another I am looking down on those who are quitting.

Does what we think, feel and say really have any bearing on what happens? Social chaos theory? Who knows. What really got me going on this is that if you went over to the Habs board at ANY point in this series you saw that they were confident and supported their team...with few exceptions. We lose one game and it is doomsday. I dont know if there is one definition of being a fan, but what I hate to see is all these supposed 'diehards' we have hear tearing into our guys every bad shift or change in momentum. As fans we should be much more supportive. Even when we win people complained it was "only because of the goalie".....well gee, is this the first season you have watched playoff hockey?

Perhaps its just frustration. Perhaps it is because there will be plenty of time to whine and complain when there is no hockey. I, for one, happen to think that the B's need their fans more than ever so lets support them and not piss on them.

Closed Thread