Where do YOU stand?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot
Not that I want to the Bruins to lose of course, but the scenario of how many of the "faithful" that stoop to vindictive diatribes if/when they start dissecting the postseason, is a curiosity for me....after all, some folks are never satisfied, no matter what the outcome is.

Personally, I will hurl no hatred at any Bruin and I say nothing more than, win or lose, I'm dissapointed with how we've arrived at this point....then I'll get on with the rest of the day.

With that, I guess you know where I stand here in the sand.....and I'm done with this thinly veiled thread.
I have no idea where you stand, but thanks for playing.

Old
04-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Colt.45Orr

It doesn't seem -based on the last 2 games- that we will win...

...however... are we (the Bruins) not something like 6-0 in our last game7's?

I had a freakishly realistic dream last night that Lapointe scored the GWG via a lovely tip-in... I'm sticking with that.

Old
04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Bruin72

Razor Shuts The Door

Raycroft returns to form, shuts out the Habs, The Hockey God's smile down on us today my friends,Go B's Go!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Spitz

Heart says Bruins...

... head says Habs. I haven't seen anything in the last three games to suggest otherwise. They score early and often and we have another very long off-season to ponder what should have been. Meanwhile, I'll be settling comfortably in Good Ole Days Syndrome and watching tapes of the 1970s Bruins (both early and late in the decade). Those teams, win or lose, made me proud to root for the Bs.
4-2 Montreal.

Old
04-19-2004, 03:52 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
I think the Bruins will win this game. They've played their best hockey with their backs against the wall all season. And tonight their backs are definitely against the wall. I predict 3-1 Bruins with Thornton finally getting a point. Samsonov will continue to be the best Bruin on the ice though.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Lets hear it everyone. Bruins fans only please....no bs anonymous polls. Step up and be accounted for. If you think we will do it...step up and say so. If you think we will lose step up and say so.......but dont try to get back on the bandwagon.

I say we win game 7 in our barn. I hope everyone answers this thread so we know where Bruins fans stand.

What say you?
"Rally 'round the family, with a pocket full of shells!"

As much as I may be pissed at this team's more than lackluster performance the last couple of games, they're still my team. Even if the ship sinks, I'm staying with the band.

Besides, I changed my avatar and location back to what they were when the team was kicking butt...I'm hoping it'll make a difference.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:39 PM
BruinsCupNow

Tight game.

Lots of sweat.

Anxiety all night long.

Bergeron scores in the first.

Zednik scores in the second.

Midway through the third...Thornton shoots...off the post...Knuble rebound. Goal.

Many great Andrew Raycroft saves later....Boston wins 2-1.

--BCN

Old
04-19-2004, 04:41 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr
"Rally 'round the family, with a pocket full of shells!"

As much as I may be pissed at this team's more than lackluster performance the last couple of games, they're still my team. Even if the ship sinks, I'm staying with the band.

Besides, I changed my avatar and location back to what they were when the team was kicking butt...I'm hoping it'll make a difference.
There better be plenty of RAGE from the Bruins tonight at the Fleece.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Stock Rocks

---- you, I won't do what you tell me!

Old
04-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
Zach? Is that you?

Old
04-19-2004, 04:52 PM
sween

Send a message via AIM to sween Send a message via MSN to sween
I think the B's will win.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Duguay

Cool

Quote:
Duguay, let me first say I have always respected you and your opinions. I understand where you are coming from, and re-reading my posts maybe it is a little "love it or leave it" attitude. One one hand I am calling for accountability and on another I am looking down on those who are quitting.

Does what we think, feel and say really have any bearing on what happens? Social chaos theory? Who knows. What really got me going on this is that if you went over to the Habs board at ANY point in this series you saw that they were confident and supported their team...with few exceptions. We lose one game and it is doomsday. I dont know if there is one definition of being a fan, but what I hate to see is all these supposed 'diehards' we have hear tearing into our guys every bad shift or change in momentum. As fans we should be much more supportive. Even when we win people complained it was "only because of the goalie".....well gee, is this the first season you have watched playoff hockey?

Perhaps its just frustration. Perhaps it is because there will be plenty of time to whine and complain when there is no hockey. I, for one, happen to think that the B's need their fans more than ever so lets support them and not piss on them.
It's all good. We simpy take different roads - but we're going to the same place!
Admittedly, I don't visit the other boards.

You seem to take the fans approach/ and me the journalistic approach.

Let's hope the Bruins return to form tonight, and earn what they deserve.

They've responded all year, and the odds tell me, it's their turn. A PP afflicted team alway's loses in the Playoffs, but Boston's PP is due to break out, hopefully right at the right time.

Go Boston. My senses will be acting up - like a bag of cats tonight!

Old
04-19-2004, 05:09 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
---- you, I won't do what you tell me!
NICE!

Old
04-19-2004, 05:29 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
While we're doing lyrics, here's something from the Pennywise song Unite, which was my favorite pump up song back when I was playing Midget hockey-

"we gotta come together and fight together
unite together as one
come together and fight together
fight forever till we have won"

I doubt the Bruins will be listening to it before the game, but maybe they should.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
While we're doing lyrics, here's something from the Pennywise song Unite, which was my favorite pump up song back when I was playing Midget hockey-

"we gotta come together and fight together
unite together as one
come together and fight together
fight forever till we have won"

I doubt the Bruins will be listening to it before the game, but maybe they should.
Pennywise rocks. Just wanted to add that.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:50 PM
bruinmanny

Quote:
Lets hear it everyone. Bruins fans only please....no bs anonymous polls. Step up and be accounted for. If you think we will do it...step up and say so. If you think we will lose step up and say so.......but dont try to get back on the bandwagon.

I say we win game 7 in our barn. I hope everyone answers this thread so we know where Bruins fans stand.

What say you?

B's all the way

Old
04-19-2004, 06:20 PM
jdw1164

I wont accept anything but a blowout at least winning by three goals,and I truly belive they will do it. ps of course even if we win 1-0 in a nail biter,with Razor facing 60 shots in triple ot , ill be happy. Go B'ssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Old
04-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Dueman1

Quote:

What say you?
Been on the bandwagon since 1970 and will never get off. I have the same feeling I did going into the last game of the year against the devils. Whenever I feel impending doom they step and suprise me. Knuble,Green and Boynton score we win 3-2.

Old
04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Dr Seldon
I play like Carl

I think we'll win. I guess the B's in seven before, lets just hope I was right. Don't care at all how it looks tonight as long as we advance to the second round. Just win baby.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:33 PM
polarslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarslam
The scary thing for Bruins fans is that Theodore has yet to steal a game. I think he does tommorow night.

Montreal 2 Boston 0
Wow, nothing like being, very, very, very right!

Old
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Well this thread has outlived it's usefullness.

Thanks for stopping by polarslam..........your such a gracious winner.

Closed Thread