HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kozlov? Arnott?

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
maximil

vCash: 500
Kozlov? Arnott?

Let's say the Kings don't qualify Allison. Is there anyone out there who likes Viktor Kozlov or Jason Arnott? Think there is any chance the management will consider those options? Who do you like better?

Old
04-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

What's the situation of both players, I assume Kozlov is an UFA, what about Arnott ?

Old
04-18-2004, 06:33 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Arnott is a Group II (RFA).

I don't know about Kozlov. I don't see him on the list of FAs I have. Maybe he's still under contract?

Edit - found him. He's a Group II (RFA).

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 04-18-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old
04-18-2004, 06:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Kozlov was horrible for the Devils down the stretch. he was completely invisible.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:11 PM
swinginutter*

Both players would simply be replacements for Jozef Stumpel. Kozlov has fallen off the map, and Arnott is overpriced. We have a true number one center, and it's going to be sad to see him go, because they don't grow on trees. Nylander would have been the perfect pivot man for a cheap price, and i'm not saying that because of his results now. He's extremely strong on the puck and all Boston did was emulate the same line they had in Chicago with Sullivan and Daze with Samsonov and Bergeron taking their spots.

If Allison goes like expected......The payroll will give them two options. A.) Sign two players at around 3-4 million a piece or B.) Sign a premier center (very hard to find).

I'd like Zhamnov, but Philly is not as stupid as us. He will be re-signed and he wants to stay there, especially with the talent around him. For me Dougy Weight fills the number one center role. He produces end of story! And he has a nasty edge, and can play point on the power play. You can then have Straka center line two and BOOM........we now have more speed. Stumpel simply has no respect in this league, and his transition is snail slow. In today's game you're dead in the water.
Nastiness for me is right on the top of things that need to be sorted ASAP. Watching all these post-season games, makes me want to puke thinking back to how we play the game!.........."TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST".................Yeah right, we'd have six players left!

Old
04-18-2004, 08:41 PM
jfont

Awards:
this is if allison won't be back right?

i'd rather have arnott...he's won a cup before with the devils...achoring their top line. so he has the experience and leadership. not to mention his size and physicality...something stumpy lacked and what the kings lacked at the no. 1 center spot last year...if i recall correctly, think he was signed a couple of years ago for about 3 million only...not too expensive...great addition to the kings if they can get him. he's not an elite but he's going to be a great addition.

kozlov is just what gkj said, invicible...abit soft also from the little i've seen of him...

but really, before the kings address the front line, they should first address the back line...

04-18-2004, 08:50 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I'd like Zhamnov, but Philly is not as stupid as us. He will be re-signed and he wants to stay there, especially with the talent around him. For me Dougy Weight fills the number one center role. He produces end of story! And he has a nasty edge, and can play point on the power play. You can then have Straka center line two and BOOM........we now have more speed. Stumpel simply has no respect in this league, and his transition is snail slow. In today's game you're dead in the water.
i'm not sold on zhamnov as you are...don't get me wrong, i think he's highly skilled...but if i remember corectly, he's also always injured in chicago and not very physical...i agree with you that i think he's staying in phily...

i'd be ecstatic if the kings grab dougy weight...

Old
04-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
We'll give you Kozlov for cheap... and if you want, make it bigger, we'd really like to get Norstrom - assuming you're willing to trade him, which I doubt.

Ahonen is available, as are a number of other prospects. (Not Parise, of course)

Old
04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
We'll give you Kozlov for cheap... and if you want, make it bigger, we'd really like to get Norstrom - assuming you're willing to trade him, which I doubt.

Ahonen is available, as are a number of other prospects. (Not Parise, of course)
That's like us saying we'd like Niedermayer. Our D is already paper thin and Matty is the only King that has been consistent forever. We'd have no backbone.......and we're already hanging by a thread.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:07 AM
maximil

Quote:
Both players would simply be replacements for Jozef Stumpel.
Yeah I kinda agree with that.

I'm getting the impression that Kozlov plays weak inconsistant game like Stumpel does. But I've read a lot of good things about him from Panther fans. He also was a high draft pick so I don't really dispute his talent. The reason why I asked about him is because he'd probably be cheap and might be able to help out on one of the top two lines.

I like Arnott because he's a big, physical centerman that has proven he can score before. Even if he doesn't score much he can at least be responsible defensively. I'd really like to see the Kings add someone like that who can really control the play down low better. I think players like Palffy, Straka, and even Carter could feed off him. I also heard some where that Dallas might not re-sign him.

I like Doug Weight too. Is St. Louis crazy enough to let him go?

Last edited by maximil: 04-19-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old
04-19-2004, 04:14 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
If you don't mind, I think I'll pass on this one.

The Devils acquired Kozlov in exchange for a borderline line prospect, who will likely never make the NHL, and a solid prospect. I know Norstrom is not one of the youngest anymore, but the fact that Kozlov didn't play very well in both the playoffs and the regular season, isn't very conducive for his value either.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
*midnitehockey

Agree, one thing the Kings don't need is a guy that's been struggling recently. I'd pass on Kozlov right now. Arnott's a better fit, but high priced, and as I recall he has attitude problems sometimes... another thing we don't especially need.

I don't think Weight will be moved. I wonder what the status of Sillinger is... he was one of the best players for them in that first round. Scary looking, but good...

Old
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Arnott is a RFA I think so he will be getting a pay raise.

Old
04-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I would take Arnott over Kozlov. Arnott would be a great addition but I doub it will happen. If we lose Allison, I want Zhamnov.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:07 AM
THEPROPHET

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximil
Let's say the Kings don't qualify Allison. Is there anyone out there who likes Viktor Kozlov or Jason Arnott? Think there is any chance the management will consider those options? Who do you like better?
if i had to have one of them i take Arnott he provides
a grity talented center of whitch we don't have but none the less nethier player well dawn a kings uni any time soon.

a little bird told me that D.T. will finally get his radick bonk

Old
04-21-2004, 10:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I would take Arnott over Kozlov. Arnott would be a great addition but I doub it will happen. If we lose Allison, I want Zhamnov.

You gotta hope the Flyers don't re-sign him. If they don't they're insane.

Old
04-26-2004, 06:03 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Arnott without even giving it a second thought.

Old
04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Nastiness for me is right on the top of things that need to be sorted ASAP. Watching all these post-season games, makes me want to puke thinking back to how we play the game!.........."TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST".................Yeah right, we'd have six players left!

I find it funny that Zhamnov is geting all this hype. How is it a cronic under-preformer who only plays when he wants to suddenly is geting all this love? So it is having a good post-season, who cares? Give him a nice fat long-term contract and watch him go to the beach.....

Same with Kovlov and Arnott. None of these guys can fix our problems in center..

Old
04-26-2004, 10:08 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
I find it funny that Zhamnov is geting all this hype. How is it a cronic under-preformer who only plays when he wants to suddenly is geting all this love? So it is having a good post-season, who cares? Give him a nice fat long-term contract and watch him go to the beach.....

Same with Kovlov and Arnott. None of these guys can fix our problems in center..
i agree...think of zhamnov as carter the last 11 games but with abit more skill...and it still won't get you anywhere you want.

Old
04-26-2004, 10:20 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximil
I like Doug Weight too. Is St. Louis crazy enough to let him go?
They're planning on slashing payroll. Here's an article:
Blues are planning to cut payroll again next season

Larry Pleau wants to roll with a younger team next season.

This is also an interesting note:

Pleau said the size of the payroll hasn't been set but will be "considerably less" than the $60 million the Blues spent this season. He also said the team will stay out of the high-priced free agent market.

From reading the article, it sounds like Demitra will most likely be in a different uniform next year. They'll have trouble with Weight if they decide to trade him because of his fat contract. He'll be a RFA as well as Tkachuk. They both have no-trade clauses in their contracts.

Old
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite

He's always had my hype. You obviously seem clueless to anything outside of Los Angeles and even with us you struggle to see what real talent is. Why don't you go to the Philly boards and ask what they think about Zham's. Go to Chicago boards and ask. Better yet, ask players around the league and coach's around the league and see what they tell you!
He's one of the most underrated centers in the league. He has unreal skills and backs defenders up just like Ziggy does. It's called respect.......look it up! He's also ballsy enough to stand up for his players. Philly players were ecstatic when they got this guy.
As far as playoffs.....hello! that's where you need your players to show up. Ask Teemu how he ended up with 76 goals his rookie season..........Your comments simply have no ground.....you make it sound like he's a one year wonder...you're lost!

Since he's only looking for a fat contract which he's already had for his standards the last five years.........what do you actually think he's expecting? And better yet who would you get?

Old
04-27-2004, 09:52 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
i agree...think of zhamnov as carter the last 11 games but with abit more skill...and it still won't get you anywhere you want.
Again apples and oranges. Like Jules would say "eating p*ssy is nothing like giving a foot massage".............no offense but that's a horrible comparison!

Old
04-27-2004, 09:53 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Again apples and oranges. Like Jules would say "eating p*ssy is nothing like giving a foot massage".............no offense but that's a horrible comparison!

love that movie!!!

Old
04-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Tadite

Quote:
He's always had my hype. You obviously seem clueless to anything outside of Los Angeles and even with us you struggle to see what real talent is. Why don't you go to the Philly boards and ask what they think about Zham's. Go to Chicago boards and ask. Better yet, ask players around the league and coach's around the league and see what they tell you!
He's one of the most underrated centers in the league. He has unreal skills and backs defenders up just like Ziggy does. It's called respect.......look it up! He's also ballsy enough to stand up for his players. Philly players were ecstatic when they got this guy.
As far as playoffs.....hello! that's where you need your players to show up. Ask Teemu how he ended up with 76 goals his rookie season..........Your comments simply have no ground.....you make it sound like he's a one year wonder...you're lost!

Since he's only looking for a fat contract which he's already had for his standards the last five years.........what do you actually think he's expecting? And better yet who would you get?

Whats with this flame? Its not like saying that zhamnov is soft and takes games off is somehow a new idea. TSN.ca says it, hell the Chicago Press has been saying that for YEARS.

But hey if you want a soft, old, and injury prone player be my guest but don't go running around claiming that Zhamnov of all people is suddenlly a a dominate physical player in the regular season. He CAN be but he certainly isn't MOST of the time. He plays only when he wants to... Luckly for philly he is in a good mood lets see what he does in the regular season.

But if you do then you "obviously seem clueless to anything outside of Los Angeles."

Old
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Trottier
Very Random

(OK, let me dream for a nanosecond )

To the Kings:
Alexei Yashin
$20M (1/3 of the remaining $60M owed to him over the next 6 seasons)

To NYI
Aaron Rome
Scott Barney

Kings will be paying out, on average, $6.5M over each of the next 6 years to Yashin. We all know his pluses and minuses, not going to sugarcoat it. One thing in his favor - except for the freak wrist slash injury this season, the guy never misses games, unlike your current #1 center. And, he'll produce. Question is, can he lead a winner? No results to date.

This would be a salary dump, pure and simple for NYI. And a wholesale deal for LA.

Closed Thread