HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to Caps

Old
12-31-2009, 11:42 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
burke says he wont ask kaberle to waive his no trade ....but im thinkin kaberle will wanna move.any true competitor should be striving for a cup and kaberle if he isnt tiring of mediocrity shame on him!!.i think kaberle is gone possibly before the olympics ...
i dont see burke trading kabs unless it is a good return. i dont get the impression that burke is impulsive so if burke cant get what he wants he wont make a deal just for the sake of making a deal. i suspect kabs would be dealt at the draft as opposed to the deadline though.

regarding kabs and wanting to win....i think next season will be a a better indication of the direction the team is going. with the amount of free agents the leafs have burke will have space to mold the team more to his preference. the team now is very much left over from past regimes.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 12:03 PM
drew1234

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Alzner, a good blueline prospect, but by no means the next coming of Rod Langway, has achieved messianic status in the minds of some Caps fans, hence the resistance to part with him in deals for even one of the league's best PMDs (Kaberle).

Kaberle's ridiculously cheap second year provides incredible value and is in no way a detriment even in WSH. In fact it's an asset as WSH would avoid having to over spend in their efforts to retain what otherwise may be a UFA d-man acquired at the deadline. There are multiple ways to make Kaberle's $4.25M fit under the cap next season, one of which includes sending Alzner's bonus laden contract the other way in a trade.

Regarding Niedermayer, his acquisition would likely require relinquishing Alzner anyway. And with Nieds, there is no guarantee he'll return for a command performance next season. Nevertheless, if he's the object of GMGM's desire, and it ended up costing Alzner, I for one wouldn't censure the man.
Very well spoken. Kabs was an all star last year and will be again this year most likely. To get an allstar top 6 dman in your conference for what a 1st and alzner or a 1st and carlson? Its a good deal. People overrate prospects big time. With Mike Green/Kabs I dont think they would need Carlsson which makes him expendable where as Alzner fits a need for them.

And for the other guy that said Alzner is a def.dman so he wont command as much money.. Look at Komisarek. Look at Hal Gil and what hes getting. Jeff Finger. Lots of examples. And there are guys like Marc Andre Bergeron who got 800k from MTL.

Every pick and player is a gamble. You dont know if Carlson will be a great NHLer or the pick will be good? How many players turn out to their potential? Do the research.

Overrating happened of prospects because of the 2003 draft and how successful that was. You wont see that for a while again. That was a rare.

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote