HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Darcy Regier

Old
04-27-2010, 01:58 AM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

vCash: 500
we have been drafting well. however we are turning into toronto, the team that keeps players with contracts they don't earn.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
**** you Darcy, you passive risk-averse uninvolved ****ing hack.

Resign, retire, be fired, I don't care, just get yourself ****ing gone.
I'm sure this isin't the day for this but...
Darcy's two offseason acquisitions were our best playoff performers (Grier, Montador).
He took a shot at bringing in a banger who could score with Torres which failed miserably, but I would not call it risk averse.
Next year we'll have probably our best offensive and defensive players on ELC's which is a testament to his drafting skill.
We have the team's best player and its leader, Miller, locked up to a long term deal.

Now, guys who were previously playoff performers failed utterly this year (Connolly, Pominville). Regier has a window of opportunity here with Miller in net and Myers/Ennis signed for cheap so he has to make moves with the playoffs in mind. If he does not do anything to drop the deadweight and bring in some guys who can perform in the postseason now, I'll agree with you.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:28 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Darcy's two offseason acquisitions were our best playoff performers (Grier, Montador).
He took a shot at bringing in a banger who could score with Torres which failed miserably, but I would not call it risk averse.
Next year we'll have probably our best offensive and defensive players on ELC's which is a testament to his drafting skill.
We have the team's best player and its leader, Miller, locked up to a long term deal.

Now, guys who were previously playoff performers failed utterly this year (Connolly, Pominville). Regier has a window of opportunity here with Miller in net and Myers/Ennis signed for cheap so he has to make moves with the playoffs in mind. If he does not do anything to drop the deadweight and bring in some guys who can perform in the postseason now, I'll agree with you.
I don't necessarily disagree with most of your post, but I think you're giving him the benefit of the doubt and I'm no longer willing to do that.

The results speak for themselves. He took a contender and turned it into... this. When Grier and Montador are your best playoff performers - you've failed as an organization. Miserably.

I've said this before in other threads, but if you have to keep DR around, then give him scouting and drafting, and get a real GM to handle contracts, trades, and UFA signings. That's the one area that Darcy has at least been somewhat consistent and reliable.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
If he does not do anything to drop the deadweight and bring in some guys who can perform in the postseason now, I'll agree with you.
He'll make his one or two tinkering moves...saying we made it to the playoffs...we're so close...just need that one breakout player to push us into the next series.

Bleh.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Mr Orangeshirt

Quote:

Don't we go through this every year?

"If Darcy just does this," or "If Darcy would only do that." When has Darcy ever done this or that?

I am worried that this off-season will be the same as the previous. And so will the result.

Mr Orangeshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:36 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.ht..._staffbio_4644

Please............

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
nnynetpotato

Huh?

He's being groomed to take over there.

Be realistic.

Another thought-is Regier operating with his hands tied by the ownership?If so,what difference will a new guy make?

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:50 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnynetpotato View Post
Huh?

He's being groomed to take over there.

Be realistic.

Another thought-is Regier operating with his hands tied by the ownership?If so,what difference will a new guy make?
My hope would be to get either Nill or Yzerman out of there as both guys have been touted as the GM-in-waiting.

And as far as Regier's hands being tied, I'm not buying that as an excuse for inactivity.

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/

The Sabres payroll budget was middle of the pack this season.

Regier had a slightly higher payroll than the Capitals had to work with.

The #1 issue is how Regier has spent the money and not whether his hands have been tied, IMO.

And if Yzerman or Nill can't be had, how about Don Maloney? I liked a lot of what he did with the Rangers trying to improve their young guys and he has had an awesome year in the desert.

I just want a GM that isn't beholden to this team's core and will make the changes that the roster needs.

I don't see Regier being that guy.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Jame
Dream '16

I've heard that Yzerman WILL be moving to another team this year or next year. Ken Holland isn't going anywhere, and Stevie wants to run his own team.

We need to get Bowman to lobby Yzerman on Buffalo's behalf.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
fightclubber25

yzerman as gm and bowman out of retirement to leat the troops to the championship?

yea, im ****ing dreaming.

fightclubber25 is offline   Reply With Quote