HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quite pathetic..

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Les Zarbites

vCash: 500
Quite pathetic..

I think it's quite pathetic the way the media have been calling the habs divers, fakers and what not. Perception and trends I guess would be two words that describes this situation quite well. It's getting to the point a habs player can't be brought down on the ice without an idiot calling him a diver.

I've watched the Calgary-Vancouver triple OT win and I saw Jovanovki pull a Kovalev on a nothing high stick to his helmet. Had this been a hab you would see another habs player branded a faker for life by the stupid media. The flames were in the nucks zone while Jovo was lying on the ice. I'm not calling Jovanovski a faker, diver or anything. What I'm saying is Jovanovski quit on the play just as much as Kovalev did. Luckily for him the flames couldn't score while he was down. But even if they did I doubt we would have seen people bringing this up.

But what's even worse about it is that Bruins fans are already using this as an excuse for the boston players lack of energy and heart and a reason why the series may be tied now. Yes it is right. The bruins have stopped hitting because they are afraid of getting penalties....

The argument gets even more pathetic when you consider the fact that the so-called habs dives and fakes haven't helped the habs at all. In fact they've made it all more difficult for us. Just watch the 6th game again if you get the chance. Ribeiro doesn't get any calls anymore no matter what happens. He had to be highsticked twice in the face for the referees to call a penalty in the 5th game. The Kovalev miscue has made us lose the 4th game. And I could go on...

If any bruins fans are reading this. Start looking at your captain (Langdon 1 - Thornton 0 ! ), at your veterans and your first line for answers as to why the habs have been able to come back and tie it. Because quite frankly this whinning and crying is getting annoying and ridiculous.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:19 AM
velimiiro

Another hab player dove again tonight, this time it was Steve Begin. He went face first into the boards at almost full speed after missing a check because Bergeron ducked. He was on his knees for a few seconds then comes back in the second period with a face shield just to make it look like he was hurt, oh and those stitches he got are just for effect too! What a bunch of divers!

Gotta love Steve Begin eh, i was quite scared when i saw that hit for the first time, and very relieved to see him back in the 3rd!

Old
04-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Mackee

A matter of generalization. Since there's many who dislike the Montreal Canadiens for whatever reason, and since we're arguably the greatest franchise in hockey (note I say ARGUABLY) of course we're going to get branded. Ribeiro and Kovalev got the backlash they deserved. Other than that, I see no reason to brand anyone else as no one else has done anything like that since.

But right now, I'm looking at the fact that we not only forced a game seven after being down 3-1 in the series (against a team that most believed would walk all over us), but we have been in control for almost the entire series apart from game one.

As for Bégin, I knew he'd be back in the third. Truly a warrior.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:22 AM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Another hab player dove again tonight, this time it was Steve Begin. He went face first into the boards at almost full speed after missing a check because Bergeron ducked. He was on his knees for a few seconds then comes back in the second period with a face shield just to make it look like he was hurt, oh and those stitches he got are just for effect too! What a bunch of divers!
Heh... this actually sounds like something out of a Nancy Marrapese-Burrel article

Old
04-18-2004, 06:41 AM
MontrealFans

You should of seen TSN game 5. Zednik goes down because of a cross check in the back of the head they call it a dive. Thorton's punch in the face on Markov and they are giving him an Oscar.... :mad:

Old
04-18-2004, 07:28 AM
jcpenny

By the Bergeron dove to avoid Steve Begin's hit but good move by him, he was about to get killed!

Old
04-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
By the Bergeron dove to avoid Steve Begin's hit but good move by him, he was about to get killed!
Bergeron clearly was avoiding the check and nothing else. Hard to believe he was barely old enough for the draft last year.

Nice to see Raycroft looking human, and Thornton not finishing because otherwise he's playing well. (not great)

Take away Samsanov and that would have looked like game 5.

50/50 now for the series?

Old
04-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan

50/50 now for the series?
60-40 in favour of the Habs
Just 'cuz I said so.

Old
04-18-2004, 08:15 AM
pblc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
60-40 in favour of the Habs
Just 'cuz I said so.
I'll be surprised if the Habs do not win this series...........

Old
04-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quite pathetic how we don't hear anything about the crowd cheering and some signing along that US anthem. We hear it when 50 booed but let's say 15 000 cheered and some other sang along, and still nobody reports it

And another thing, isn't it a unwritten rule that you don't duck to avoid a hit because it can create something worst like it did to Bégin.I really hate when players do that so I didn't appreciate Bergeron's move.

Besides that, GOOD GAME BOYS.

P.S. A little worried about Sullivan's new line combinations at the end, with Samsonov flying, it could our toughest game so far, even though we seems to have the momentum.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealFans
You should of seen TSN game 5. Zednik goes down because of a cross check in the back of the head they call it a dive. Thorton's punch in the face on Markov and they are giving him an Oscar.... :mad:
I would dearly love to see the verbose commentators on the receiving end of either infraction. It's easy to make assinine comments from the comfort of the commentator's chair.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
A matter of generalization. Since there's many who dislike the Montreal Canadiens for whatever reason, and since we're arguably the greatest franchise in hockey (note I say ARGUABLY) of course we're going to get branded. Ribeiro and Kovalev got the backlash they deserved. Other than that, I see no reason to brand anyone else as no one else has done anything like that since.

But right now, I'm looking at the fact that we not only forced a game seven after being down 3-1 in the series (against a team that most believed would walk all over us), but we have been in control for almost the entire series apart from game one.

As for Bégin, I knew he'd be back in the third. Truly a warrior.

you can argue all you want about who the greatest franchise is but if you dont pick montreal...you lose. if we arent who is? Toronto? Detroit? together they have what 23 cups?

Old
04-18-2004, 01:53 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I think it's quite pathetic the way the media have been calling the habs divers, fakers and what not. Perception and trends I guess would be two words that describes this situation quite well. It's getting to the point a habs player can't be brought down on the ice without an idiot calling him a diver.

I've watched the Calgary-Vancouver triple OT win and I saw Jovanovki pull a Kovalev on a nothing high stick to his helmet. Had this been a hab you would see another habs player branded a faker for life by the stupid media. The flames were in the nucks zone while Jovo was lying on the ice. I'm not calling Jovanovski a faker, diver or anything. What I'm saying is Jovanovski quit on the play just as much as Kovalev did. Luckily for him the flames couldn't score while he was down. But even if they did I doubt we would have seen people bringing this up.

But what's even worse about it is that Bruins fans are already using this as an excuse for the boston players lack of energy and heart and a reason why the series may be tied now. Yes it is right. The bruins have stopped hitting because they are afraid of getting penalties....

The argument gets even more pathetic when you consider the fact that the so-called habs dives and fakes haven't helped the habs at all. In fact they've made it all more difficult for us. Just watch the 6th game again if you get the chance. Ribeiro doesn't get any calls anymore no matter what happens. He had to be highsticked twice in the face for the referees to call a penalty in the 5th game. The Kovalev miscue has made us lose the 4th game. And I could go on...

If any bruins fans are reading this. Start looking at your captain (Langdon 1 - Thornton 0 ! ), at your veterans and your first line for answers as to why the habs have been able to come back and tie it. Because quite frankly this whinning and crying is getting annoying and ridiculous.

No excuses. The diving and all the other gabage is done with and in the past. The hockey world in general needs to look at what the habs have done the past two games, and that's all that really matters. They could have easily pulled and Islanders, or Devils game 5, and just lost and went away. Not this team.

Joe Thornton IS a reason why the habs are back in it, but IMO it's more about what the Canadiens have DONE to get back in it, then what the Bruins HAVEN'T.

The Bruins last two losses have nothing to do with refs, dives, or whatever....It has to do with the Canadiens not wanting to lose.

The Habs have had no more tomorrow's for almost a week now. The Bruins have had a safety net the whole series. They never *had* to win. That is all changed now. The Bruins have done this all season. They've saved their best for when it truly mattered, and I think/hope you'll see it Monday.

Another chapter will be written Monday.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:07 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Quite pathetic how we don't hear anything about the crowd cheering and some signing along that US anthem. We hear it when 50 booed but let's say 15 000 cheered and some other sang along, and still nobody reports it

And another thing, isn't it a unwritten rule that you don't duck to avoid a hit because it can create something worst like it did to Bégin.I really hate when players do that so I didn't appreciate Bergeron's move.

Besides that, GOOD GAME BOYS.

P.S. A little worried about Sullivan's new line combinations at the end, with Samsonov flying, it could our toughest game so far, even though we seems to have the momentum.

I was shocked when Bergeron dove to avoid the hit........if that happened in the WHL every player on the opposing team would be out to stick a lick on the kid, I don't blame Patrice for choosing life but it seems that he & McGillis dove instead of playing hockey. Also, is it just me or is the media extremly silent when it comes to support for the Habs this year. BTW, I've been a fan since the Roadrunner & Big Bird.

Old
04-18-2004, 03:38 PM
rib71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealFans

i do believe markov embellished it for sure, but so would anyone else on any team!!

i call it being opportunistic!!!

Old
04-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
i do believe markov embellished it for sure, but so would anyone else on any team!!

Wow he went down immediatly, 0.00000000000000001sec, how can you call this embellishing. I don't know, maybe if he would've got the punch, stood up and then let himself fall down you could argue, but wow... I can't believe you actually think that way.

Old
04-18-2004, 06:11 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71

No not anyone else on any other team.
Maybe YOU would, but not everyone would have. No wonder why Ribeiro is your avatar and name (just kidding)

Old
04-18-2004, 06:21 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:

You get a 10 for this thread

viva la backflip ..

Old
04-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
You get a 10 for this thread

viva la backflip ..

Truly the best troll ever ...

Old
04-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
No excuses. The diving and all the other gabage is done with and in the past. The hockey world in general needs to look at what the habs have done the past two games, and that's all that really matters. They could have easily pulled and Islanders, or Devils game 5, and just lost and went away. Not this team.

Joe Thornton IS a reason why the habs are back in it, but IMO it's more about what the Canadiens have DONE to get back in it, then what the Bruins HAVEN'T.

The Bruins last two losses have nothing to do with refs, dives, or whatever....It has to do with the Canadiens not wanting to lose.

The Habs have had no more tomorrow's for almost a week now. The Bruins have had a safety net the whole series. They never *had* to win. That is all changed now. The Bruins have done this all season. They've saved their best for when it truly mattered, and I think/hope you'll see it Monday.

Agreed !

I think we're going to see a great game. If the bruins win I wish them good luck in the next round!

Old
04-18-2004, 07:56 PM
MontrealFans

Quote:
Agreed !

I think we're going to see a great game. If the bruins win I wish them good luck in the next round!

If the bruins will ill be doing this

GO HABS GO

Old
04-18-2004, 08:38 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:

I couldn't agree more
The "diving" of certain Habs players has caused a lot of waves but in facts...it ain't much of a factor
On the Habs' side, every single player has really stepped up in the last 2 games and it shows up. No more individualism, no more wasted shifts, only a great effort for the entire 60 minutes. They're really playing like a team.
On the Bruins side, I think that only a few players (Samsonov, Nylander and maybe Raycroft, still made some good saves) are playing up to their talent, so the underdogs (Habs) can really impose their style of play.
Now we got the emotion on our side and without a turnaround by some Bruins players, I think the Habs are moving on to the 2nd round 'cause one offensive line can't do it all.
About game 6, I think Bégin has proved to anyone still doubtful that he his a true warrior, Komisarek is on it's way to become hell of a player, incredible game by Perreault, Théodore played well even if he shouldn't have let the first goal

Good luck to Boston for game 7 and mostly...
ALL HAIL THE HABS!

Old
04-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Habs are just too damn good this year

All your base are belong to us!

Old
04-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
All your base are belong to us!
There's something I haven't heard in awhile...

Old
04-18-2004, 11:50 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Well said. I expect an incredible game. I think it very likely that Montreal can ride this momentum next game, and I doubt Thornton is going to be able to lead the great charge. If Nylander or Gonchar fires up, we might see some serious highlight reels though!

Closed Thread