HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Clark and Milan Jurcina from Washington to Columbus for Jason Chimera

Old
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122902871.html

I like Chimmer, and I hope he does well. But why do I think him on the 2nd line with Backstrom and Semin will not end well...
I like the comment about going offsides. I seem to remember an experiment with him and Zherdev on the second line going disastrously in this respect, so it will be interesting to see how he fits in the Caps lineup. Good luck to him. I still don't see the Caps as a Cup team, but who knows what they do at the deadline to change that.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I like Chimmer, and I hope he does well. But why do I think him on the 2nd line with Backstrom and Semin will not end well...
I'd bet good money that Chimera puts up a lot of points, simply because it's Washington. Hell, JacketFan could get 50 points if he played for Washington.

And naturally, Puck-Rakers commentators are going to see the inevitable 25-35-60 season that Chimera has, forget his play when in Columbus, and ***** about this trade.

12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
trooper

I personally didn't really notice Clark much last night, but I thought Deuce (Juice and Deuce? ) looked pretty good. Liked Chimmer as a person, less so as a player. Good luck JC!

trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

I watched the interviews with the newbies on the CBJ website. I think I'm really going to like them both, but I do already like Clark. It's very apparent he's accustomed to a leadership type role just in how he talks. And I thought he played pretty well last night, especially given that he only met the team that morning. Pretty good skater, and seemed to make smart decisions much of the time.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
jackets sorely needed a guy like Clark, and Jurcina doesn't hurt as a bottom pairing guy. Chimmer had to go. This is a welcoming addition. Fans have no room to complain, I was one of the few fans up in arms when Chimmer was resigned to that lengthy deal.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Brassard Calder

I havent been around much lately, so I know I'm late to the party but I like the trade a lot because I'm a big fan of Clark. I like the heart, grit, and leadership he brings to the team. He's a hard worker and should be great in the lockerroom. Jurcina meh, hopefully he plays well. I wish Chimmer luck in Washington, but losing him is no big deal. I think it was a good move by Howson.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote