HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Games: Part (18)8(7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
yea im in an online franchise as the vikings, and were into the 4th year...its actually pretty cool to have new rookies every year and have guys retire, etc

im also entering a fantasy draft franchise that drafts tonight...pumped for that

Old
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

So I was playing team deathmatch and one of my teammates managed to get a nuke only a few minutes in, going 31-1. Problem was he had virtually the same name as a player on the other team who was 0-26 (and the same clan tag). Next game is on Afghan and the "two" players are on different teams, so I followed the guy on my team and he went straight to the staircase on the top edge of the map and he set up a tactical insert and so did the guy on the other team. So I killed the guy on the other team and my teammate ran off and they both quit a couple minutes later. Lame. And the guy racking up the kills was a level 70...so what's the point?

Old
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Love the RPD. Just mowing people down. Im getting anywhere from 20-10 to 35-5 every game with this class...

RPD Vertical Grip
G18
Frag Grenade
2 Flash Grenades
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro
Gotta love the RPD. It mauls on Scrapyard Free For All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark View Post
So I was playing team deathmatch and one of my teammates managed to get a nuke only a few minutes in, going 31-1. Problem was he had virtually the same name as a player on the other team who was 0-26 (and the same clan tag). Next game is on Afghan and the "two" players are on different teams, so I followed the guy on my team and he went straight to the staircase on the top edge of the map and he set up a tactical insert and so did the guy on the other team. So I killed the guy on the other team and my teammate ran off and they both quit a couple minutes later. Lame. And the guy racking up the kills was a level 70...so what's the point?
People do that in FFA too. In "Estate" (my least favorite map) people will go to that little boathouse/shack and put Tactical Insertions underneath, the farthest point from the house.

Lately I've been using...

UMP .45 (silencer)
SPAS-12 (grip)
Semtex
2x Flash
Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja Pro

It's just an awesome class, the UMP is a really good gun.

My standard classes for when I'm playing poorly (AKA the two classes that I almost always dominate with) are:

FAMAS (Holographic & Silencer)
PP2000 (Red Dot & Silencer)
Semtex
Stun
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

and

SCAR-H (silencer)
.44 Magnum
Claymore
Stun
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

Old
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

I mainly use two classes.

RPD Vertical Grip
G18
Frag Grenade
2 Flash Grenades
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

and this one is just for fun...

M21 with Heartbeat (don't have FMJ unlocked)
G18

I just screw around witht he M21 but, the RPD one is my serious one. I just went 31-1-2 with it.

Old
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
guyincognito

alright, against my better judgement, I restarted be a GM, but this time, I'm simming 5, playing 1 so I don't have a mental breakdown if it crashes again. but, jesus, are the sims awful. either that or the designers don't like the Devils.

I'm going to struggle to make the playoffs even though I'll probably win 11-12 of the 12 games I play.

Marty's stats.... 3.20 GAA or so, .882 SV%, 0 SO. and that's with my games where I haven't given up more than 2 goals yet.

I guess they get penalized because of the D? because it ain't strategies, because I've tried anything and everything, from full on attack to hardcore Julienball.

Old
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
alright, against my better judgement, I restarted be a GM, but this time, I'm simming 5, playing 1 so I don't have a mental breakdown if it crashes again. but, jesus, are the sims awful. either that or the designers don't like the Devils.

I'm going to struggle to make the playoffs even though I'll probably win 11-12 of the 12 games I play.

Marty's stats.... 3.20 GAA or so, .882 SV%, 0 SO. and that's with my games where I haven't given up more than 2 goals yet.

I guess they get penalized because of the D? because it ain't strategies, because I've tried anything and everything, from full on attack to hardcore Julienball.
Maybe it is your line combos? I just restarted as well and im simming most of the NHL games and playing most of the AHL games. I must say, my Devils team seems to be headed to make the playoffs no problem.

Old
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post

The sims are completely random. I simmed a entire yr with the stock leafs team and won 60 games

Old
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPwnedFlorida View Post
Maybe it is your line combos? I just restarted as well and im simming most of the NHL games and playing most of the AHL games. I must say, my Devils team seems to be headed to make the playoffs no problem.
it's part the D, and part the game, I guess. the funny thing is that Lowell is having no problem and they're keeping the scores down.... then again, my Lowell team is pretty good.

right now I have (I moved almost everyone to their proper wing)

Parise-Zajac-Langs
Elias-Backes-Bergfors (I desperatedly needed a C)
Rolston-Zubrus-Vasyunov
Pitka-Peca-Clarkson

Martin-McCabe
Greene-Oduya
Murphy-Mottau

you'd think that third pair would the problem, but they're both + players. I had to bench Salvador because he was killing me. Rob Nieds was a debacle, so I just got rid of him, but there's nothing that makes this a good defensive team. they score goals, but they can't stop anyone and Marty is awful (although this sim is juiced for whatever reason).

the obvious play is to bring in D, but I'm sorta capped out and don't have great assets. I'm thinking I'm going to have to completely blow the team up.

Old
01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Crimson Devil*

Lol. Stupid CPU.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post

Lol. Stupid CPU.
why is a 58 getting paid $4M a year. that team must be set to "Sather mode".

well, my team is 8th, by one point, with 7 games left. luckily my game is up next, but if I stay true to the rules, I dunno. I had to trade Marty for Kari Lethonen and brought in a bunch of defensemen, but then McCabe got PCS and it was back to sucking.

the kick in the nuts is that if I finish 7th, I face Marty in the first round.

Old
01-06-2010, 02:16 AM
EliasFTW

Of my 2 hours of MW2 play i finally have my K/D ration above 500. haven't been playing much. Stole my brothers PS3 to play MGS4 great game. Hideo Kojima did it again.

Old
01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
guyincognito

woo, I beat Brodeur and the Thrashers in 7, with Zach scoring two 3rd period goals to come back from 1-0 down. a truly epic videogame series. at least the four games of it I played.

Old
01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
EliasFTW

God i hate small maps in TDM. Rustic or Rust whatever it is called is BS. I spawned right next to a enemy. i Was just about to start moving as i was knifed. WTF kind of respawn system is that. Sub Base would have to be my favorite.

Old
01-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

finally starting to hit some positive KD ratios. I was real good at COD 4, though COD 5 online play sucked so I only played for like a week and then I just got the new one and just started playing so I still need some time to get back into it.

Old
01-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

Oh and I hate the people who just run around with a pistol and stab people its ****in gay play the game actually

Old
01-07-2010, 02:50 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils13 View Post
Oh and I hate the people who just run around with a pistol and stab people its ****in gay play the game actually
Eh, I don't mind the tactical knifers. They are great at close range but most of them suck otherwise. In order to get "full speed", you need to have either a Sniper or an SMG, with the pistol, and have Marathon/Lightweight and in most cases Commando... Snipers are limited in effectiveness, and SMG's get exposed at mid-to-long range by Assault Rifles. Just make good use of your secondary, because they are far more effective at close range than most Primary weapons, the Vector and MP5K being a few exceptions. I always find that a nice SPAS shotgun blast stops the tac-knifers in their tracks.

If you are getting knifed a lot in a game, alter your tactics a bit - notably, take corners wider/farther so that if one is there, he's not at close range. Also don't be afraid to go prone because that will often make them miss, and then you can stab then in their ankles.

<3 the Magnum...

Old
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
EliasFTW

Need tips on how to not die so much. Tired of dying 10 times on average. I see most people die like 6-8 or so. Maybe i just need to play more and get the hang of it better.

Old
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I got a bit nostalgic the other day and looked through my PSOne collection.

This was one that really made me long for the good ol days.

I am happy I rarely traded games in as a kid.

Old
01-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

started a new devils Be-a-gm in nhl 10.

Made myself the back-up goalie. Made myself 2 yrs younger also.

Playing every 5th game with my character in net. Simming 4 playing the 5th. Marty gets his rest.

So far he's 6-0 with a 1.46 GAA 91.2% SV and 1 SO

Team is currently 20-8-2

Parise, Elias and Rolston are all tied for the team lead in points having 34 each.

Andy Greene is mirroring his real life self with 8 goals and 21 ast's so far

Oduya is making me wish he played IRL the same way he does in game 2g 20ast
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some roster moves I made.

Vancouver offered me Lukowhich and a 4th for Mottau. I took it.

Florida then offered me Koistenen and their 5th for Peters, Davidson and van's 4th. I personally packed Peters bags and drove him to the airport. I made the trade but Koistenen hasn't been able to crack my top 6.

Old
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I find myself missing having a computer that is strong enough to play games. I have a Xbox 360 and PS3, but I miss all the mods available in the HL2 community. And when Battlefield 1943(full, not the dinky download on XBL/PSN), I'm really going to want to get that.

Old
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
I got a bit nostalgic the other day and looked through my PSOne collection.

This was one that really made me long for the good ol days.

I am happy I rarely traded games in as a kid.
its actually a psx game, pseone if you recall was the portable one that had a screen on it

Old
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
its actually a psx game, pseone if you recall was the portable one that had a screen on it
PSX is a Playstation emulator. The only portable playstation has been the PSP.

The PSX was also called the PS2 in japan. I don't think the name stuck because the redesign that was going to sport its name never game out.

Old
01-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
PSX is a Playstation emulator. The only portable playstation has been the PSP.

The PSX was also called the PS2 in japan. I don't think the name stuck because the redesign that was going to sport its name never game out.

the psone wasnt handheld but it was suppose to be portable so you could play it in a car or something. it used the same games as the playstation it was just smaller and you could attach a screen to it

once the psone came out, we started calling the original Playstation the psx, which apparently is not right because of the emulator but the psone is a different console also

Old
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I call PS games PSONE games for some reason, or PS1 or from the early years, PSX. I still have my original PS, before the PSOne modifcation. It works too, and its modded, I was a bit of a game pirate as a kid.

Old
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
started a new devils Be-a-gm in nhl 10.

Made myself the back-up goalie. Made myself 2 yrs younger also.

Playing every 5th game with my character in net. Simming 4 playing the 5th. Marty gets his rest.

So far he's 6-0 with a 1.46 GAA 91.2% SV and 1 SO

Team is currently 20-8-2

Parise, Elias and Rolston are all tied for the team lead in points having 34 each.

Andy Greene is mirroring his real life self with 8 goals and 21 ast's so far

Oduya is making me wish he played IRL the same way he does in game 2g 20ast
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some roster moves I made.

Vancouver offered me Lukowhich and a 4th for Mottau. I took it.

Florida then offered me Koistenen and their 5th for Peters, Davidson and van's 4th. I personally packed Peters bags and drove him to the airport. I made the trade but Koistenen hasn't been able to crack my top 6.

my miracle playoff run as a crappy, injured 6th seed looks to be coming to an end.

beat the Flyers in 6 to go the Conference Finals, but the Pens beat me easily in the first 2 games (sims), which means I'm probably going to have to beat them 4 times out of 4 when I play. not going to happen.

Closed Thread