HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Now that we are back in the playoff hunt, it's time to fire Doubter Samkow.

View Poll Results: What Say Ye about Doubter Samkow?
Fire Doubter Samkow, he has lost the room. 6 23.08%
Fire Doubter Samkow and Matthew, his sycophantic alter ego. 1 3.85%
Send Doubter Samkow to Syracuse to become more "weighty." 8 30.77%
Leave Doubter Samkow alone. He's special. 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
  #1
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Now that we are back in the playoff hunt, it's time to fire Doubter Samkow.

  1. Doubter Samkow doubted our beloved Jackets.
  2. Doubter Samkow led many fans over the cliff.
  3. Doubter Samkow has posted doubter GDTs that have lost us too many games.
  4. Doubter Samkow posts drunk in the HF Chatroom.
  5. Doubter Samkow has repeatedly infracted some of the finest hockey posters on the board.
  6. Doubter Samkow hates polls.


What say ye?


Edit: Feel free to add your own options to this list or poll. UNLIKE Doubter Samkow, I am not a tyrant.


Last edited by JACKETfan: 12-29-2009 at 08:38 AM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:32 AM
  #2
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
What, trade him to Washington for two pluggers isn't an option?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:35 AM
  #3
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Bah, I hit the wrong button. Sam's fine. He keeps all our egos and emotions in line.

My wife did have one comment though when she came to the boards to read about the trade. I know the mods like to keep a clean house and that's why the trade rumor thread got renamed, but she came here, opened up the thread with the title about the trade expecting to see the reaction, and instead got page and page of us acting like morons guessing at rumors before the trade actually happened.

It was her comment that it would have been less confusing if when the trade happened the rumor thread was locked, and a new thread for the trade and reaction was opened.

But overall, I like the mods. They do a tough underappreciated job. I know I couldn't be one. I'm already too quick with ignore thread/ignore user. I'd be scared of what I'd do with infract user/ban user

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:39 AM
  #4
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Bah, I hit the wrong button. Sam's fine. He keeps all our egos and emotions in line.

My wife did have one comment though when she came to the boards to read about the trade. I know the mods like to keep a clean house and that's why the trade rumor thread got renamed, but she came here, opened up the thread with the title about the trade expecting to see the reaction, and instead got page and page of us acting like morons guessing at rumors before the trade actually happened.

It was her comment that it would have been less confusing if when the trade happened the rumor thread was locked, and a new thread for the trade and reaction was opened.

But overall, I like the mods. They do a tough underappreciated job. I know I couldn't be one. I'm already too quick with ignore thread/ignore user. I'd be scared of what I'd do with infract user/ban user
Doubter

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
  #5
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Doubter
You know me; first one to bail on the team, the coach, and a fellow board member...







Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:43 AM
  #6
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!
 
gojacketsgo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,706
vCash: 555
he led me off the cliff , send him to Syracuse he has potential.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
  #7
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Now that we are back in the playoff hunt
There's something off with this premise, unless Cheney's on the hunt with us.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
  #8
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,079
vCash: 500
Now that we are worldbeaters again, maybe Samkow will change his tune.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
  #9
eljefe72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 2,400
vCash: 500
If we fire Samkow, we'll get a lot less of these: .

Are we prepared to accept that?

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:12 AM
  #10
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!
 
ClevelandJacketFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ...Really?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
Fire JacketFan, he is too optimistic.

ClevelandJacketFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:21 AM
  #11
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
Fire JacketFan, he is too optimistic.
We've already tried kicking him out of the country...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:22 AM
  #12
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 12,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
Fire JacketFan, he is too optimistic.
Now THIS, I can firmly get behind.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:30 AM
  #13
aRussian
Registered User
 
aRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,263
vCash: 500
One game and we are all of a sudden back in the hunt?
I know it was a good game (got me excited for the first time in a long time) and all, but until we close the gap we are still out of it. (and when you say 9 points out, that's only 5 games---you have to realize that those teams will likely win in those 5 games you play too, so it's a *bigger* hill than people are seeing.)

I'm getting the excitement back from that win too, so I vote to keep Sam to help keep all of us from being super bipolar.

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:34 AM
  #14
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,079
vCash: 500
Every post must now include one of these, including new threads.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:36 AM
  #15
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
Fire JacketFan, he is too optimistic.
+1

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:42 AM
  #16
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Fire the guy who wind boards depending on the way it blows.. as in JF..

The win last night means a first round victory for sure..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
  #17
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
He's led us to great things and done more for this board than any before him and likely any to come, but the board has now passed him by.

I say we remove him, but retire his avatar.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:19 AM
  #18
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
  1. Doubter Samkow doubted our beloved Jackets.
  2. Doubter Samkow led many fans over the cliff.
  3. Doubter Samkow has posted doubter GDTs that have lost us too many games.
  4. Doubter Samkow posts drunk in the HF Chatroom.
  5. Doubter Samkow has repeatedly infracted some of the finest hockey posters on the board.
  6. Doubter Samkow hates polls.


What say ye?


Edit: Feel free to add your own options to this list or poll. UNLIKE Doubter Samkow, I am not a tyrant.
We are back in the playoff hunt? Because we won ONE game at HOME in overtime?

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
  #19
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
We are back in the playoff hunt? Because we won ONE game at HOME in overtime?
Duh. That's how it works around here.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
  #20
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
He's led us to great things and done more for this board than any before him and likely any to come, but the board has now passed him by.

I say we remove him, but retire his avatar.
but...

he has one of these, and you don't.


Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
  #21
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Fire the guy who wind boards depending on the way it blows.. as in JF..

The win last night means a first round victory for sure..
Avatar Calculus:

Jf's never give up + Robert's white flag = JF > Robert

(and FTR: I ocean kayak, not 'wind board', thus I am independent of the wind)

Please everyone, stay On Topic.
...We are supposed to be villifying Doubter Samkow and his "ilk" who still think we won't win the Stanley Cup.


Last edited by JACKETfan: 12-29-2009 at 12:39 PM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
  #22
skimp
Registered User
 
skimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
FACT: Winston Churchill never won the Stanley Cup.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
  #23
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
FACT: Winston Churchill never won the Stanley Cup.

Not so fast.....

Like Churchill, Lord Stanley was a conservative member of parliment. And Stanley's father was the Prime Minister, before he moved to Canadia to take over P.I.E.

And lest we forget....Churchill defeated "The Red Menace" and the Eastern powers.

What did Doubter Samkow ever defeat besides our true fan spirit?

Class dismissed.


JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 01:00 PM
  #24
skimp
Registered User
 
skimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Not so fast.....

Like Churchill, Lord Stanley was a conservative member of parliment. And Stanley's father was the Prime Minister, before he moved to Canadia to take over P.I.E.

And lest we forget....Churchill defeated "The Red Menace" and the Eastern powers.

What did Doubter Samkow ever defeat besides our true fan spirit?

Class dismissed.

Winston Churchill wrote a biography of John Churchill, the first Duke of Marlborough.

The Duke Blue Devils wear blue.

The Detroit Blue Devils wear red.

Blue = red.

Blue Jackets = Red Jackets.

Red jackets = red coats.

JF loves Winston Churchill and red coats. JF moved away from Real America. JF wants to rejoin the Crown.

Samkow = Real American Hero.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 01:39 PM
  #25
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
Winston Churchill wrote a biography of John Churchill, the first Duke of Marlborough.

The Duke Blue Devils wear blue.

The Detroit Blue Devils wear red.

Blue = red.

Blue Jackets = Red Jackets.

Red jackets = red coats.

JF loves Winston Churchill and red coats. JF moved away from Real America. JF wants to rejoin the Crown.

Samkow = Real American Hero.
I feel the need to quote this. Legendary post.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.