HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

No threads = empty Board

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 12:48 AM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
No threads = empty Board

Why do all the threads on this board get erased all the time? I mean, there is nothing going on on this board so might as well keep the most recent threads. No? Board always looks empty

Old
04-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Hawkalyzer

?

Old
04-19-2004, 09:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Why do all the threads on this board get erased all the time? I mean, there is nothing going on on this board so might as well keep the most recent threads. No? Board always looks empty

They don't. The Hawks board just isn't all that active. Plus it's baseball season and the Hawks season is over so it's not like many people are paying attention until the draft.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:51 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:

Threads don't get deleted until they're about 6 or 7 months old. If you can't see any old threads on the board, look down in the bottom right of the page, there should be a couple menu options that let you show all threads on the forum. The default is only to show threads from the last month which is why there's less than a page of threads here.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:39 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Threads don't get deleted until they're about 6 or 7 months old. If you can't see any old threads on the board, look down in the bottom right of the page, there should be a couple menu options that let you show all threads on the forum. The default is only to show threads from the last month which is why there's less than a page of threads here.
I started a couple threads here recently and they disaperred...

Old
04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Hawkalyzer

that could be a sign

Old
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I started a couple threads here recently and they disaperred...

That shouldn't be happening. I'd PM one of the administrators.

Old
04-22-2004, 02:39 PM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
The threads you mention (I think) are shown as the 6th and 7th thread from the top on the boards. Most likely your viewing option is 'Show posts from last day'. While this option does somehow also show some posts from 2 or 3 days before (beats me why..), a thread will disappear for you after a few days of inactivity. A remedy for this could be to change this option to for instance 'Show posts from last week".

Threads pretty much never get deleted here except for being either duplicates or falling outside the guidelines. However the current database only covers everything from july last year due to the infamous 'Armageddon' crash which made it necesarry to delete the entire database of previous posts.

Closed Thread