HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Verizon Cable help

Old
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

vCash: 500
Verizon Cable help

Hey, I'm thinking of switching from TW to Verizon since they just came to our area. How much do you all pay per month for phone/tv/interent? Right now my family has Verizon phone service, road runner, and basic TW cable and it comes out to $120 with taxes, I gotta think we could be getting a better deal with Verizon and be able to get digital cable so it'd be an upgrade..but my parents are old and stubborn when it comes to changes.

So, how much total (with taxes) are you all paying for verizon and what are you getting included?

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Tracy

vCash: 500
The Fios package I have is $160 (including taxes) per month. It includes high speed wireless internet (25/15 mbps), telephone (Freedom Essentials - call-waiting & caller ID), Fios TV with the Extreme HD package, Showtime, TMC & 3 HD boxes. When we signed up we also got 3 months of free HBO & Cinemax which we have since cancelled. We also got a free $200 HP netbook.

The only drawback for us was the inability to use the Fios without a box. Every set you plan to use must have a box to access Fios. Also, Fios does not carry the Sabres channel, no HD Sabres games on channel 700. Just plain old standard def games on MSG, unless they're on Versus of course.

A major pro to switching was the Fios internet. Fios blows away Time Warner. And it's not even close.

The $160 we pay now, is less then what we were payng for TW cable, internet & phone separately.

Check out the Fios website, they have all kinds of bundle deals at different price points.

Last edited by Tracy: 12-30-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote