HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Pre Hockey

Old
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
thedoc1019

vCash: 500
Pre Hockey

Has anyone ever taken this type of class?If so what did you get out of it because I'm a beginner to ice hockey and I'm thinking of taking this class but I'm wondering what I can get out of it.

thedoc1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Gino 14

If the class is like most, you should come out of it with the basics of puckhandling, shooting, positioning. The basics of how to play the game and and how to skate and shoot.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
XweekendwarriorX

is there a website or someone you can ask for any details that would be your best bet.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:02 PM
trisgale

Do you already know how to skate and wanna learn the hockey as in positioning/strategy?

or beginner as in don't know how to skate yet.

I guess my adult hockey class is a pre hockey class for beginner skaters. I love it because the coaches give you the correct way to do things. My class is geared toward proper skating techniques, body position. For example, I searched how to correctly do a hockey stop on the web and still couldn't do it correctly just by reading it. One class with a hands on instructor and I got it down in one class, built my confidence quickly. And you can't beat extra ice time to help you out. More ice time = more improvement. My adult hockey class is a 10 weeks and I look forward to going every time.

trisgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:22 PM
thedoc1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisgale View Post
Do you already know how to skate and wanna learn the hockey as in positioning/strategy?

or beginner as in don't know how to skate yet.

I guess my adult hockey class is a pre hockey class for beginner skaters. I love it because the coaches give you the correct way to do things. My class is geared toward proper skating techniques, body position. For example, I searched how to correctly do a hockey stop on the web and still couldn't do it correctly just by reading it. One class with a hands on instructor and I got it down in one class, built my confidence quickly. And you can't beat extra ice time to help you out. More ice time = more improvement. My adult hockey class is a 10 weeks and I look forward to going every time.
your in the same position as me, I still have trouble with my hockey stop and I just can't figure it out, so that's a plus, because I know how to skate I just need help on stuff like stopping, and backwards crossovers.I'm probably going to sign up for this class,it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for

Also a plus about this class is that its 8 weeks and it gets me free public skating to any session during any day as long as I'm enrolled in the class

thedoc1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Johan Santana

I have been doing an adult skating class to touch up on my skating for hockey. The instructor I have has been teaching me pretty much 1 on 1 about how to gear my skating towards hockey.

Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
bigreid

I am starting Beginning Hockey tonight at 5:30, it should be interesting. It is offered at our local university, University of Alaska-Anchorage, and taught by a former minor league player.
It will be fun, my 7 year old is in his 4th season playing and my 5 yr old is in his second season. I figured the class would be fun and I would learn a lot.
I am taking it with a buddy of mine who really can't skate well, neither can I. The best part is that we both played college basketball, I am 6'8" and 250lbs and he is 6'6" and 275lbs. It is a long ways down to the ice and it is going to hurt! I got a feeling I won't be able to walk tomorrow!

bigreid is offline   Reply With Quote