Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 07:08 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
So, how's everyone today?

Me, well I am at work and I am so anxious about tonight I can barely concentrate on anything else. This is without a doubt the biggest game I will ever watch as a Bruins fan up to this point in my life, and although I have a good feeling we are going to pull it out (the last game 7 against the Habs I can remember the Bruins won with Bourque scoring on Roy on a long shot), it's going to be a long day!

I'm reverting to superstition tonight too, in games 1 and 2 I wore the same shirt and jeans (washed after game 1 of course ), so that outfit is going to be sported tonight.

GO BRUINS GO!!

Old
04-19-2004, 07:12 AM
HockeyGoddess

I have today off from work. That's both good and bad... good in that I get to enjoy the beautiful weather (conducive to relaxing), but bad because I'll be thinking about tonight's game all day (not conducive to relaxing).

Here we go Bruins, here we go! Here we go Bruins, here we go!

Old
04-19-2004, 07:16 AM
mcphee

I have to schedule a business dinner with a guy in Montreal tonight that I am going to postpone to tomorrow. After all, this is hockey. I missed game 7 in 1971 working for the Expos at Parc Jarry. I was a hot dog vendor more intent on getting the score than selling hotdogs.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:21 AM
KC23

how long before 7:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21
Me, well I am at work and I am so anxious about tonight I can barely concentrate on anything else. This is without a doubt the biggest game I will ever watch as a Bruins fan up to this point in my life, and although I have a good feeling we are going to pull it out (the last game 7 against the Habs I can remember the Bruins won with Bourque scoring on Roy on a long shot), it's going to be a long day!

I'm reverting to superstition tonight too, in games 1 and 2 I wore the same shirt and jeans (washed after game 1 of course ), so that outfit is going to be sported tonight.

GO BRUINS GO!!
My stomach is already in knots. I can not step any where in the house. My boys have taken every hockey card they own and pulled out all the Montreal players. They are all facing down, all the bruins cards are facing up. So this morning I stepped on Jose Theodore, but thankfully didn't hit a Bruin.
My sons already have their superstitions. Hopefully our boys can do it, I feel a good game coming on....Nick is due for a big goal.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:21 AM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

I'll be at work in 45 mins, surrounded by Canucks fans who will be buzzing about tonight's Canucks-Flames game 7, my Wife and I will be having the same pre-game meal that we had before game one, great thing about living on the West Coast is that Bruins games start at 4pm and Canucks at 7pm, talk about a Hockey Night in Canada!

Go Bruins Go!

Old
04-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Stock Rocks

I'm ready for the biggest B's game in over a decade.

Boston-Montreal- Game 7.

Doesn't get much better...

Old
04-19-2004, 07:41 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Neely, Bourque and Moog move aside for Bergeron, Gonchar and Raycroft tonight!

2-1 Bruins.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:45 AM
popperbolt*

Send a message via ICQ to popperbolt*
I'm at work too, and I'm already excited because they show back to back Bruins games(6 and 7) here in austria! I'm hoping for a long long night starting at 1 a.m.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

I'm at work today and i'll think about this very important game all day long!
I'm ready for the biggest game in a long time!
Are the Bruins ready?

Go B's!

Old
04-19-2004, 07:57 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
I'm ready for the biggest B's game in over a decade.

Boston-Montreal- Game 7.

Doesn't get much better...
No it doesn't....

I have to work until 9 tonight. The last time I got off and went to a pub to watch the rest, Bergeron scored.

Deja vu?

Old
04-19-2004, 08:21 AM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
I'm at work and my nerves are fried. I think I'm gonna throw up from my nerves today

Hopefully the B's are in better shape than some of us

Old
04-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I am READY TO GO! I'm feeling good, the weather is great, and this is going to be a great game. Like SR said, biggest game in many years. It seems destined to be this way between these two teams... let's get behind the boys and make some noise!

GO BRUINS GO!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
One minute I am angry and depressed that it has come to this, the next I am excited thinking about how nice it will be to walk out of the Fleet tonight with a win.

I've been through a majority of the "ghost stories" and just can't stand the thought of dealing with a loss in this series. Ten seconds after this thought flashes through my head, I stonewall myself by thinking "it's only a game, for chrissake".

Every other minute I think they'll stick to their game plan and win like game one. The next minute I have nightmares from watching Thornton turn the puck over and Koivu gliding in to slam one home.

Call it a manic-depressive day. I nearly sold my tickets for tonight since I will be bummed if they lose. A minute later I am thrilled as this will be my first game 7 in person.

So for now...outdoors to enjoy the weather and get in the right frame of mind to cheer the club on tonight. Darn I have a splitting headache.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
>> this will be my first game 7 in person

It will be a great memory by tomorrow!

Old
04-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
I have a full day of classes. I'm coming down with a cold thanks to my oldest brother. I have three 15-20 page papers to write for next Friday. I've only started on one of them. The rough draft of one is due this Wednesday. I'll hardly have any time to work on it as I have other research to do. In short, my day is shaping up to be: :mad:

Old
04-19-2004, 08:56 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr
I have a full day of classes. I'm coming down with a cold thanks to my oldest brother. I have three 15-20 page papers to write for next Friday. I've only started on one of them. The rough draft of one is due this Wednesday. I'll hardly have any time to work on it as I have other research to do. In short, my day is shaping up to be: :mad:
Here's hoping for a B's victory to take your mind off it for a while!

Old
04-19-2004, 08:59 AM
wensink

I'm already a little nervous...tense...but I don't expect to get into a frenzy until I get home from work.

However, I have a bit of a problem. Tonight it Fear Factor night. My 5-year old son absolutely loves that show and we always watch it together...as part of a family ritual.

Now I can watch the 1st period (on my big screen) but at 8:00 I'll have to put on Fear Factor.

So here's my question. Do I go into my other room and watch the game (on my 27" TV) or do I Tivo it and watch it after Fear Factor?

I really enjoy the family time but this is Game 7!!!! On top of that, if I Tivo it, I might be tempted to fast forward (if the B's are down).

Any suggestions?

Old
04-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 400
I'm with you, tarabelle. After all these years, you'd think I wouldn't be so uptight! Why oh why couldn't they have won in either game 5 or 6? Time to down 1/2 bottle of vanilla flavored Mylanta.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Bruinguy
Here we are again!

Quote:
I don't work at all today but have to attend a funeral that begins at 6:00pm!! Good friend of my in-laws so there's no real emotional attachment there...more emotions flowing once I get home.

Hopefully I only miss the 1st period and a bit....please please please make it 3-0 Bruins by the time I get to the TV!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Nightslyr

Quote:
Here's hoping for a B's victory to take your mind off it for a while!
Heh, that and cold medicine = good times.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Nightslyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinguy
I don't work at all today but have to attend a funeral that begins at 6:00pm!! Good friend of my in-laws so there's no real emotional attachment there...more emotions flowing once I get home.

Hopefully I only miss the 1st period and a bit....please please please make it 3-0 Bruins by the time I get to the TV!!!
Ah...what an awkward occassion. One of those times where it's hard to tell just how supportive you can be to the family.

Here's hoping things work out well!

Old
04-19-2004, 09:04 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Quote:
Heh, that and cold medicine = good times.
I'm relying on the beer tonight to calm my nerves.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Bruin_Ron

I'm done with classes for this semester!! BUT.. I have a paper to write and hand in tomorrow

Anyone know more then the average person about de Beaumont's "Beauty and the Beast" and Angela Carter's "The Tiger's Bride"?

Seriously. This is a university-level English class, so I'm really stressing about comparing the two stories, because as a university student, I'm not sure what to write that would satisfactory. I know Oedipus is going to be mentioned, so I'm off to a good start. Seriously though, if there are any English teachers out there or anyone else who would like to take their minds off of the game for a bit.. please let me know!!

I'm nervous as heck

Old
04-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Bruinguy
Here we are again!

Quote:
I'm relying on the beer tonight to calm my nerves.

ditto...they're chilling as we speak

Old
04-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
I'm already a little nervous...tense...but I don't expect to get into a frenzy until I get home from work.

However, I have a bit of a problem. Tonight it Fear Factor night. My 5-year old son absolutely loves that show and we always watch it together...as part of a family ritual.

Any suggestions?
Depending on how the game goes, you might be able to convince them that they <b>are</b> watching Fear Factor. What is more convincing, watching people eat bugs or watching their dad tear his hair out right there in the house. That's reality TV!

Closed Thread