Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, how's everyone today?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 09:13 AM
bostontrevor

vCash: 500
I'm trying not to think about it, when I do, my stomach gets all in knots. I'm an avid cyclist and I've attached a Bruins flag to my bike (if you've seen it, I'm that jerk--I don't think there are too many of us!), I'd sure as heck hate to have to take it off already.

My afternoon plans involve sitting on the front steps with a beer or two. Brown bottle therapy.

Mainly just trying not to fixate on it as much as possible, at least until 6pm or so.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:07 AM
WannaBeGoalie1

Oy Ve! My Nerves started bright and early. Having a wonderful nightmare about the team (which isny a good sign but im gonna forget about it) And coming online and checking my email and i cant even friggin read the cybear thing that the b's send out the day of every game. I cant read it!!!!!

My gitteres started last night. I watched the Sens come back and beat the leafs DAM YOU ZDENO CHARA!!! and then friggin OT. OT always gets me going, i couldnt sit still watching a movie and decided to put Slap Shot 1 and then 2 in. So then i was up for what seemed like ever. And now im back to my gittery self. I swear if this crap goes into OT im gonna have a heartattack, and i cant even watch the friggin game!!!!!!! ive gotta tape the darn thing and watch it after they WIN!!!!! But.. of course ive gotta watch the national anthem. Its tradition!! (well when razor is in net its tradition)

LETS GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

This is what i wanna be doing by at least 10:30pm tonight --->

Old
04-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21
I'm relying on the beer tonight to calm my nerves.
I just had two beers. It's 11am! Nerves, 80 degree weather, Pats Day...you name it, I can rationalize it perfectly.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:15 AM
BleedBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wensink
I'm already a little nervous...tense...but I don't expect to get into a frenzy until I get home from work.

However, I have a bit of a problem. Tonight it Fear Factor night. My 5-year old son absolutely loves that show and we always watch it together...as part of a family ritual.

Now I can watch the 1st period (on my big screen) but at 8:00 I'll have to put on Fear Factor.

So here's my question. Do I go into my other room and watch the game (on my 27" TV) or do I Tivo it and watch it after Fear Factor?

I really enjoy the family time but this is Game 7!!!! On top of that, if I Tivo it, I might be tempted to fast forward (if the B's are down).

Any suggestions?

Tivo, my friend. Eliminate any other inputs and watch it in real time afterwards.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I stayed up Saturday night listening to the Calgary-Vancouver game on the Internet radio. Kept listening and listening, went downstairs for a minute - and they scored while I was away. &@#$ I was tense about tonight's Game 7 since yesterday. I'm expecting a nail biter. It'd be nice to see the Bruins go up 3-0 so I can exhale, but I don't see it. 4-3 (Bruins) in 2X OT. Then tomorrow we relax.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBruins
Tivo, my friend. Eliminate any other inputs and watch it in real time afterwards.
Thanks BleedBruins! I think you're right.

Although Black Eye wasn't too far off. It is sort of like living a Fear Factor episode in my house when the B's are on. Besides the fact that I'm usually yelling at the TV (G-rated of course: "You dirty-dog Habs....that was a poopy call...where's the darn penalty..."). Then I'm jumping around to get things done in between stopages in play.

But after thinking about it, I will watch the 1st period live, then Tivo it so I can watch Fear Factor with my son. Watching this show together really means a lot to him.

In addtion, I think I'll have my wife hide the remote so I don't cheat (and search).

Go B's!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
maswe12

Quote:
I'm already a little nervous...tense...but I don't expect to get into a frenzy until I get home from work.

However, I have a bit of a problem. Tonight it Fear Factor night. My 5-year old son absolutely loves that show and we always watch it together...as part of a family ritual.

Now I can watch the 1st period (on my big screen) but at 8:00 I'll have to put on Fear Factor.

So here's my question. Do I go into my other room and watch the game (on my 27" TV) or do I Tivo it and watch it after Fear Factor?

I really enjoy the family time but this is Game 7!!!! On top of that, if I Tivo it, I might be tempted to fast forward (if the B's are down).

Any suggestions?
TIVO fear factor.....by the way, isnt TIVO the greatest invention ever.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:43 AM
hardbody77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21
Me, well I am at work and I am so anxious about tonight I can barely concentrate on anything else. This is without a doubt the biggest game I will ever watch as a Bruins fan up to this point in my life, and although I have a good feeling we are going to pull it out (the last game 7 against the Habs I can remember the Bruins won with Bourque scoring on Roy on a long shot), it's going to be a long day!

I'm reverting to superstition tonight too, in games 1 and 2 I wore the same shirt and jeans (washed after game 1 of course ), so that outfit is going to be sported tonight.

GO BRUINS GO!!
im just more upset than nervous... they shoulda finished them off in gm 5 but instead they mailed one in... now they are going to be hurting when they do finally finish them off tonight, flyers are rested while we are limping

Old
04-19-2004, 10:45 AM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswe12
TIVO fear factor.....by the way, isnt TIVO the greatest invention ever.
I am a walking, talking advertisement for Tivo. I have two of them!!!! It is the greatest invention since DirecTV and the Center Ice package!!

But I no can do, my friend. I will Tivo it for my son to watch again...and again...and again... But he has been talking about Fear Factor all weekend. He was telling his cousins yesterday that this is "No Sleep, Couples Fear Factor".

He's sort of insane when it comes to this show. He actually can recite the entire opening speech (by Joe Rogan). One day I'm going to videotape it and send it to them.

I even get him to eat his dinner by telling him it's blended cow spleen or Madagascar Hissing Cockaroaches or something like that. Hell...it works!!

I'll just have to force myself to sit through it and pick up the B's game where I paused it.

Thanks

Old
04-19-2004, 10:54 AM
maswe12

Quote:
I am a walking, talking advertisement for Tivo. I have two of them!!!! It is the greatest invention since DirecTV and the Center Ice package!!

But I no can do, my friend. I will Tivo it for my son to watch again...and again...and again... But he has been talking about Fear Factor all weekend. He was telling his cousins yesterday that this is "No Sleep, Couples Fear Factor".

He's sort of insane when it comes to this show. He actually can recite the entire opening speech (by Joe Rogan). One day I'm going to videotape it and send it to them.

I even get him to eat his dinner by telling him it's blended cow spleen or Madagascar Hissing Cockaroaches or something like that. Hell...it works!!

I'll just have to force myself to sit through it and pick up the B's game where I paused it.

Thanks
Ahh, so you should watch the first...turn to fear factor but try and catch up on the tivo during commercials...by the time fear factor is finished....you can go to the bruins and probably catch up with tivo so that the end of the game is real time.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBruins
That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry tapes the Mets game and every time he answers the phone he says.

"If you know the score of the Mets game don't tell me because I taped it Hello?" :lol

Old
04-19-2004, 11:44 AM
neelynugs

sitting at my desk, eating lunch, looking forward to watching this game. it all comes down to 60 minutes (or more) of hockey. too bad habs fans won't get to see another home game

Old
04-19-2004, 02:16 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Well, I'm leaving work and I don't know whether I will be back on the computer before the game. So I want to say that I hope the Bruins leave it all out on the ice and dominate like we did in Game 1, when we play that way, the Habs are no match, we are the more skilled team but it's a matter of wanting the win!

GO BRUINS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 02:39 PM
JimmyV

Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
I feel like throwing up!

Old
04-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV
I feel like throwing up!

that's OKay Jimmy.. me too...

for me it's natural.. I was always like this ( that ) when I played..specifically , just before I played.

Been a looooong time since I felt this way about a Bruins game..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
that's OKay Jimmy.. me too...

for me it's natural.. I was always like this ( that ) when I played..specifically , just before I played.

Been a looooong time since I felt this way about a Bruins game..
Maybe you should change your avatar to Jim "Seaweed" Pettie's mask. Didn't the butterflies cause him hurl inside his mask regularly?

I'm getting ready to head in to the Fleet. Nervous as hell, but excited as hell too.

Old
04-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
Maybe you should change your avatar to Jim "Seaweed" Pettie's mask. Didn't the butterflies cause him hurl inside his mask regularly?

I'm getting ready to head in to the Fleet. Nervous as hell, but excited as hell too.
You lucky B, you!

Old
04-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Guy!

Anyone else think this game is probably the best it's going to be for the playoffs, unless one of the two teams win the Cup? This is *THE* hockey rivalry.

I'm self-employed so I arranged the sked to give myself more time off. Now, hopefully the wife gets home early so I can get some beer before the game.

I haven't been nervous about a game all year because I've taken to watching the games with a pad in hand, taking notes so I can make a post-game analysis. Not sure how I'm going to do that tonight.

I think the best would be to get all the HF Habs and Bruins fans in one bar, watch the game on a giant screen, then at the end, when the game is over one way or the other, we all shake hands just like the teams. And while you Bruin fans could hand out Vachon cakes in line, we Hab fans could fall over and swim if the handshakes are too tight.

I want 10 more Hab - Bruin games dammit.

ACF

Old
04-19-2004, 03:58 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
I just had two beers. It's 11am! Nerves, 80 degree weather, Pats Day...you name it, I can rationalize it perfectly.

I just cracked my first beer. I had the day off work and I managed to pre-occupy myself for most of the day. But then I came on here an hour ago and I haven't been able to think of anything else since! My god this game is going to be intense tonight!

I don't think I've ever wanted to be in Boston as bad as I did today. I watched the last couple of innings of the Red Sox-Yankees game and I was loving it. I'm not a Sox fan, but I am a Yankee-hater. I can just imagine the atmosphere in Boston right now. It's gonna be quite the party tonight if the Bruins do win it!

Old
04-19-2004, 05:06 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
well, home from work now, due to the nice weather, I decided a frozen mudslide (or eight) is in order.

though my tummy still feels like a ball of frazzled nerves, so I'm not sure if the alcohol is a good idea

But, game will start before we know it, and I'm optimistic (scary, huh?)

Old
04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

I got home about 20 minutes ago, getting ready for the game, trying not to pull a Glen Hall before the big game.

Old
04-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
STUPID LKFLKS:JF SATELLITE COMPANY JUST SWITCHED THE FEED FROM ESPN TO WATCH REPLAYS OF A CHEERLEADING COMPETITION?!?!?!!?!??!?!

I don't believe it. Now I don't get to watch the game :mad:

Closed Thread