Canadiens fans - chime about what's happening on your end

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
Canadiens fans - chime about what's happening on your end

Habs fans -

You can see that there is a high level of anxiety in Bruins nation. Many people are taking Thornton to task and the media has gotten in on that fun too. I'm a little disappointed with the stream of exitees streaming down the plank right now, but what can you do.

What's happening on your end? Are the fans upbeat? Worried? Harping on any players? I'm wondering how this is all playing out on your side of the fence.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I think it's hard for any Hab fan to be critical at this point. Going into the season, if we could have game 7 with the B's or just roll the dice, we'd be here in game 7. people are pleased at the team's progress and direction. I think that any players that we may be disappointed in are pretty banged up and that's just the way it goes. It would be nice to get more result from Ryder, but the work ethic is there. The Theo bashers still come out but obviously will lie now.

Other than that, it's general anxiety at the habs board waiting for 7:05. no matter what happens, we've seen great hockey and been able to enjoy a few laughs and discuss hockey with some great fans.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:51 PM
chicpea*

I've felt nauseous since yesterday just thinking of the game. One bad bounce and it's all over.

That said, and as mcphee notes, we're pretty happy just to be here. I'm reading The Hockey News from September and they have us slotted at 13th in the East (p.18) so making it this far is all bonus time. But now that we're here it's hard to just say "it's all extra" and not care and I'd be lying if I said I won't be disappointed if this bunch doesn't pull it out after all that's come before.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
You guys have a good future too. Komisarek is looking promising, better than I have seen from him before. If Hainsey can get going, that's two good young defensemen. Plus you've got some good prospects up front. Sundstrom is hurt. You should be able to keep building on this and be stronger next year. From what I can see, you are strong now. I think the Bruins and Canadiens will find themselves in a similar position quite a few times over the next several years.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
I've soiled my pants 4 times today, and the game hasn't even started yet.

Old
04-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
After what happened Saturday, i really think people will go crasy tonight.

little flashback: Saturday night after the Habs'win, downtown Montreal was on fire... and it was only game 6 of the first round...
the cheers continued untill 3 AM...

I think win or lose the habs fan are just plain happy to see their team playing like they did. Very anxious, but we are since game 5...

Boston Bruins, Thank you again for the great series. It can't get even than this, and tonight, i hope the 2 teams give everything they have to prove me right.

Good luck to all of you !

Old
04-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I've soiled my pants 4 times today, and the game hasn't even started yet.
To who????

The cow you molested??

Old
04-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Mackee

Considering we're a team on the mend, as said in previous posts, we're happy to be where we are. Not too many people had us pegged higher than 10-12 in the east. Win or lose, it really has been a great year for us and it's only going to get better. Best of luck in game seven, should be an awesome game.

Old
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
chicpea*

Hey guys, we should have an all-Habs thread on every board - sort of a "post-colonialism" .

Old
04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
Considering we're a team on the mend, as said in previous posts, we're happy to be where we are. Not too many people had us pegged higher than 10-12 in the east. Win or lose, it really has been a great year for us and it's only going to get better.
Echo that. The feeling among Habs fans seems to be that, win or lose, the team is heading in the right direction. The fish, as they say, always stinks from the head down, and Montreal's organizational strength was at an all time low about 2 years ago: from the GM spot, through the locker room, and into the farm system, we pretty much stank.

I think there's a lot of confidence that the team is on the same page, that they're well-coached, and that there's enough talent and heart to compete with the top four or five teams in the east. Of course it would be ultra sweet to knock off the hated Bruins, but the team has already shown a lot more than anybody had a right to expect so soon after the arrival of Savard, Julien and Gainey.

If Gainey can re-sign Kovalev, and one or two of Higgins, Perezhoghin, Kastitsyn and Hainsey make an impact in camp next year, this team will be even better. We already know that Komisarek is ready to start playing 15 to 17 minutes a night, especially in the regular season, and with Markov, Souray and Rivet in the mix, we'll be solid where it counts: in goal and on the blueline.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
kevinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
You guys have a good future too. Komisarek is looking promising, better than I have seen from him before. If Hainsey can get going, that's two good young defensemen. Plus you've got some good prospects up front. Sundstrom is hurt. You should be able to keep building on this and be stronger next year. From what I can see, you are strong now. I think the Bruins and Canadiens will find themselves in a similar position quite a few times over the next several years.
You people are a class act. Thanks for letting me post a little during the series without chasing me out of town on the next stage. I knew it would be a long series. I said all along these teams are very evenly matched. Tonight's game could have gone either way and I was getting very nervous when the Habs had 0 shots halfway through the 3rd. To answer the question originally posed....Hab fans are exstatic, All we wanted was to MAKE the playoffs let alone win a round. Kovalev is the hero right now. I just hope we can actually afford to keep him. Cheers all and best of luck next season.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:10 PM
BleedBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr
You people are a class act. Thanks for letting me post a little during the series without chasing me out of town on the next stage. I knew it would be a long series. I said all along these teams are very evenly matched. Tonight's game could have gone either way and I was getting very nervous when the Habs had 0 shots halfway through the 3rd. To answer the question originally posed....Hab fans are exstatic, All we wanted was to MAKE the playoffs let alone win a round. Kovalev is the hero right now. I just hope we can actually afford to keep him. Cheers all and best of luck next season.

Good luck! It is obviously a disapointing night for the B's and us, the fans.
It was a tight, nervous game tonight. Both teams dominated at varying points. A couple bounces either way and it could have been different, but the Candiens deserved it. I give the Canadiens plenty of credit for giving that type of fight after being down 3-1. It bodes well for their future even if they don't get past round two.

The B's took a step forward vs last year, but our weaknesses were exposed again. I was impressed with Thornton's effort given the circumstances. We have a stronger team than last year but still need to improve and change.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
bkatbsc

better team one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I've felt nauseous since yesterday just thinking of the game. One bad bounce and it's all over.

That said, and as mcphee notes, we're pretty happy just to be here. I'm reading The Hockey News from September and they have us slotted at 13th in the East (p.18) so making it this far is all bonus time. But now that we're here it's hard to just say "it's all extra" and not care and I'd be lying if I said I won't be disappointed if this bunch doesn't pull it out after all that's come before.
no question the better team won this series. good luck to the habs againts the lightning no team from Florida should win a stanley cup

Closed Thread