HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What We Need For Game 7

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Ambassador Bridge

vCash: 500
What We Need For Game 7

Long time lurker, first post. Anyway.........

1) We as leaf fans need a blowout of a victory tomorrow night against the Sens. We need more than one or two goals, we need to see another shutout from Eddie, we need to see a dominating game from our boys. As fans, we need that.

2) However, as far as the team goes, all THEY need is to have one more goal than the Sens at the end of the game.

Our nerves are shot right now, but the TEAM will prevail.

Old
04-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Schenn02

OK you know I know an announcer said this like after the 6-0 victory back in the reg season, THE LEAFS ALWAYS WIN AGAINST OTTAWA WHEN IT MATTERS! GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!1

Old
04-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Legolas

It wouldn't hurt to have one of those viruses hit the Sens like that crazy game where the Leafs came back from 4-0 down too!

Old
04-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
What the Leafs need in game 7 is for to give Belak something to do...

I know, how about he go up to the Foster Hewitt Gondala and smack Bob Cole up the backside of the head for continuelly jinxing Belfour.

I swear, the guy was drivin' me nuts last night to the point of yelling at the screen to "Shut the F up about the shutout." Normally during the regular season he'll only go as far saying "Only one thing to be decided now in this game", but in this series he's frickin' counting up the minutes aloud. I'm not that supersticious myself, but Cole is, as proven by his regular season comments on the same topic. He's deliberitely hoping to jinx the Leafs, I'm tellin' ya.

Old
04-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Schenn02

I know! I remember in the game where Ottawa won 4-1, one of them said something like Belfour is closing in on 158 mins without allowing a goal and what do you know?! THE SENS SCORE! 157 mins and 45 secs is the shut out time. I think we need to tape their mouths. What the team needs is a spark, they need to do what they did in that 5-4 OT game back in February. GO LEAFS GO!

Old
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
LeetchForever2

Send a message via ICQ to LeetchForever2 Send a message via AIM to LeetchForever2 Send a message via MSN to LeetchForever2 Send a message via Yahoo to LeetchForever2
In my opinion, in order to win game 7, we need a lot of things to happen. I watched the game last night and I thought Toronto played horribly. I can't really say all of Toronto though because without Belfour that game could have easily been 10-1.

I believe in the Leafs, but after watching last nights game, it's hard to be excited. Hopefully Sundin will play, and also hopefully the Leafs shoot the puck more. I think honestly it's about shooting. I'm pretty sure we've been outshot every game this series, and the games that we won, we actually had what looked like some determination. Only thing that's different right now, is home ice and that I think may be the deciding factor.

Old
04-19-2004, 02:54 PM
EdBelfour20

I think its less about shooting the puck more and more about establishing a good forecheck and having more puck possesion. The Leafs are consistently trapped in their own end running around after the puck.. They need to stop icing the puck so often and try for some breakout plays, only icing it when there is really no play. Giving the Sens so many offensive zone faceoffs is just begging for them to score! Belfour can only hold the fort so long

Old
04-19-2004, 04:02 PM
joepeps

Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBelfour20
I think its less about shooting the puck more and more about establishing a good forecheck and having more puck possesion. The Leafs are consistently trapped in their own end running around after the puck.. They need to stop icing the puck so often and try for some breakout plays, only icing it when there is really no play. Giving the Sens so many offensive zone faceoffs is just begging for them to score! Belfour can only hold the fort so long
The sens can get 10000 shots it doesn't bother me because there not quality shots.. they shoot from anywhere and everywhere...

Whereas were like 72' series Russian Team, who only shoots on good chances to score lol....

But we pull out the 'V'!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 04:14 PM
wasting time

I think we are going to see the Leafs play a game of punching the Sens in the mouth - aggressive. It will be a very high risk game. I dunno if it will work.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

What we need is some freaking goals.

We're making Lalame look really good with this defensive trap thing we're trying to do.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
ATG

Keys for winning Game 7

1)Establish a forecheck

2)Get Moginly going.He is the most skilled player on either side(him and hossa)

3)Don't allow odd man rushes

4)Score early

5)Keep Hossa and Alfreddson contained

6)Outcheck the Sens.Were bigger then they are we should be killing them physically

7)Eddie must come up big

Old
04-19-2004, 05:40 PM
ComrieFanatic

i think we need to score more than 1 goal in the game. In game 6 we led for the whole game pretty much and sat back for 2 periods. Once the Sens scored we were too flat to get our offense going again. The sens had all the momentum and the Leafs were still trying to find their offensive touch again. If Eddie gets a two or three goal lead then the Sens will be golfing Wednesday afternoon

Old
04-19-2004, 11:43 PM
richardn

I think we need to keep Ottawa's shots down a little and try and press a little more on the forecheck. We should not hold back anything it is due or die. I am sure the guys will know what to do. The Leafs are very good at finding a way to win.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:44 AM
nordique

vCash:
What we need is:

Roberts - Nieuwendyk - Ponikarovsky
Antropov - Francis - Mogilny
Tucker - Reichel - Domi
Kilger - Stajan - Fitzgerald

Remember when the Leafs were in the playoffs a few yrs back, their ONLY good scoring line was Roberts-Sundin-Thomas, but EVERY TIME that line was on the ice they had consistent chances to score. Putting Nieuwy and Roberts together could achieve that, with Poni to bang (basically just flopping Antropov and Roberts).

Better to have one good scoring line than the ZERO we've had lately.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Kemosabe

When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting it to be a list of powerful anti-depressants.

just kidding...

Old
04-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quinn better play Roberts with Nieuwendyk tonight. I'd like to see:

Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Tucker (this line can dominate down low)
Stajan-Reichel-Mogilny (I'm not sure if this will get Alex going but...)
Antropov-Francis-Ponikarovsky (little ice-time for this line)
Domi-Fitzgerald-Kilger (these guys will bang the sh** out of their D)

Francis cannot play much because he cannot win battles for the puck, and that allows the Sens to relieve any pressure created by Roberts. Francis is useless right now, play him on the PP, that's about it. Roberts, Nieuwy and Tucker will be able to sustain pressure doen low and create chances off the forecheck. Domi, Fitz and Kilger have been the best players in the series for TO (aside from Eddie), they hit, they win battles and they are competing.

And to think if the Leafs win tonight, who else but Philly is up next.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
Quinn better play Roberts with Nieuwendyk tonight. I'd like to see:

Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Tucker (this line can dominate down low)
Stajan-Reichel-Mogilny (I'm not sure if this will get Alex going but...)
Antropov-Francis-Ponikarovsky (little ice-time for this line)
Domi-Fitzgerald-Kilger (these guys will bang the sh** out of their D)

Francis cannot play much because he cannot win battles for the puck, and that allows the Sens to relieve any pressure created by Roberts. Francis is useless right now, play him on the PP, that's about it. Roberts, Nieuwy and Tucker will be able to sustain pressure doen low and create chances off the forecheck. Domi, Fitz and Kilger have been the best players in the series for TO (aside from Eddie), they hit, they win battles and they are competing.

And to think if the Leafs win tonight, who else but Philly is up next.
Nice to see Domi and Kilger get rewarded for their outstanding play!!!

Closed Thread