HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pitton Recalled/Dubnyk to Springfield

Old
01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
So all bad teams in the AHL should just shut down so that the goaltenders won't face a bombardement of shots.

I will send a letter to the AHL!

I already pay for tickets for a bad team, they are called the Edmonton Oilers! So I understand your pain!
Your first two sentences make no sense however the latter two do.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Copperhead

This move was pretty obvious to me. Deslauriers should get the majority of the playing time as he's shown he can play well most nights. Dubnyk needs more reps to get better, not the odd game. Pitton on the other hand isn't much of a prospect at this point so we can afford to have him ride the pine

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 02:00 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Your first two sentences make no sense however the latter two do.
Let me make it more simple for you.

The NHL is not a developmental league and obviously the quality is better, putting Dubnyk in that kind of situation may not be good for his confidence. In the AHL he is a capable goaltender playing for a bad team. The situations are not the same!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Stoneman89

This should have happened a long time ago. That is, getting DD back to the AHL. The guy needs to play to continue his development, not sit on the bench again and again. The Oilers are going to give JDD every chance now to prove he can carry the load, with it being more and more obvious with each passing day and week that Khabibulin is not coming back any time soon, if not out the rest of the year. The part that pisses me off though, is management not going out and signing a cheap older vet to back up JDD. Bringing up Bryan Pitton to watch, and then possibly get thrown in the fire at this point in his career will do nothing but hinder his development and maybe ruin his confidence.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Eytinge

Er, how is DD making more money than JDD? That makes no sense.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
This hasn't stopped the oilers brass from throwing Gagner and Cogliano into the fray.
Players and Goalies are totally different, hence why they are treating them differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Sending him down to the minors after getting blasted in his only game isnt recommended Tony Robbins reading material. That team sucks too. I think he should get at least a few games up here so we know what we are dealing with. Cripes we knew sweet fa about JDD before this season because they refused to play him. Lets not make that mistake twice. Chances are one of these guys is down the road at the end of the year any way. Unless there is a waiver problem I dont see how its a good move.
Sure that team sucks too, but he is capable of winning games for that team. With the Oilers all he is going to do is get lit up.

He will get a few more games in the NHL this season why not build up his confidence in the AHL before he makes his next start?

And i'm not sure we need to get rid of one of them this summer. I think DD could get through waivers after training camp next season, especially if he doesn't prove himself in the NHL this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Judging from the nightly bombardment Falcons goalies are subject to I would disagree. The Falcons defense is so slow with the exception of Chorney (who plays down here like he's auditioning for a forward job with the Oilers anyways) that Glenn Hall or Jacques Plante would be shellshocked in very short order.
You disagree that the AHL is different from the NHL? In the AHL DD faces shooters who he can beat on a nightly basis even if he is getting bombarded by shots. In the NHL he does not have that luxury. Thats the difference.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Let me make it more simple for you.

The NHL is not a developmental league and obviously the quality is better, putting Dubnyk in that kind of situation may not be good for his confidence. In the AHL he is a capable goaltender playing for a bad team. The situations are not the same!
Your condescending tone makes further conversation worthless.

Last edited by scoob4093: 01-02-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
Players and Goalies are totally different, hence why they are treating them differently.

Sure that team sucks too, but he is capable of winning games for that team. With the Oilers all he is going to do is get lit up.

He will get a few more games in the NHL this season why not build up his confidence in the AHL before he makes his next start?

And i'm not sure we need to get rid of one of them this summer. I think DD could get through waivers after training camp next season, especially if he doesn't prove himself in the NHL this year.

You disagree that the AHL is different from the NHL? In the AHL DD faces shooters who he can beat on a nightly basis even if he is getting bombarded by shots. In the NHL he does not have that luxury. Thats the difference.
Judging from his record here there must be a bunch of shooters who are able to beat him on a nightly basis.

Old
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
The oilers need to get a backup who can lose them some games. Hopefully Tamby brings in a guy like Esche or Czechmanek.
Why? JDD is doing a good job of that - they can just keep playing him.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote