HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Looking at the Gaborik Easton se6 stick need help on flex

Old
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
southpole12

vCash: 500
Looking at the Gaborik Easton se6 stick need help on flex

Hey everyone. I play in a house league and I play left wing. Right now I have some cheap stick and it is 100 flex. I did some reading and supposedly when u cut the stick the flex number increases. So right now im probably using like 110 or so. I dont really like my stick right now and I want to try the gaborik curve. Is anyone using this right now? and what flex do you suggest for offense im 5 11 and 160 lbs I read that matters also. lmk thanks alot!

southpole12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpole12 View Post
Hey everyone. I play in a house league and I play left wing. Right now I have some cheap stick and it is 100 flex. I did some reading and supposedly when u cut the stick the flex number increases. So right now im probably using like 110 or so. I dont really like my stick right now and I want to try the gaborik curve. Is anyone using this right now? and what flex do you suggest for offense im 5 11 and 160 lbs I read that matters also. lmk thanks alot!
At your size, if you plan to cut it, you probably need a 77 flex, aka whip flex.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:53 PM
southpole12

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
At your size, if you plan to cut it, you probably need a 77 flex, aka whip flex.
well the only one they have available on hockeymonkey is an 85 flex? do you know of any other sites that have decent deals or will the 85 suffice?

Old
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
thedoc1019

is it the flex of the shaft or the curve of the blade that you don't like about your old stick?

thedoc1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I love the Gaborik curve and I'm awaiting Easton to bring it back to their higher end sticks. Huge hook helped my stick handling and shooting...but beware the nice saucer pass. Sometimes when I pass the puck it appears as though Phil Niekro put some vaseline on my stick as it knuckle curves through the air.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
SouthpawTRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpole12 View Post
well the only one they have available on hockeymonkey is an 85 flex? do you know of any other sites that have decent deals or will the 85 suffice?
If you are looking for a decent stick for a great price, check out the following link:

http://www.hockeygiant.com/nbhvxxvstksr.html

Providing that you shoot lefty and not righty; all they have left are lefties.

Hope that this helps out

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:40 PM
southpole12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc1019 View Post
is it the flex of the shaft or the curve of the blade that you don't like about your old stick?
I want more of a curve and the flex I dont mind but now I remember the older stick I had was prob a lower flex and I played alot better with that one. I think im going to go with the 85.

Old
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
southpole12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
If you are looking for a decent stick for a great price, check out the following link:

http://www.hockeygiant.com/nbhvxxvstksr.html

Providing that you shoot lefty and not righty; all they have left are lefties.

Hope that this helps out
nice deal on that one but im a righty. Is that easton se6 any good?

Old
01-06-2010, 09:04 PM
SouthpawTRK

Hopefully someone that has used the SE6 will chime in about it. I'm sure that some will say they love it and others will say that it's too heavy/poorly balanced.

Cosmetically, it's a really cool stick that it comes in so many colors. Also, it's the only Easton that I've seen that has a retail Gaborik curve.

Whatever you purchase, please post some pics/review, I'm sure other members will greatly appreciate it.

Aloha,

SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
thedoc1019

here's the stick, and all it has it righty's and it has your curve http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-h...gy-se6-sr.html

thedoc1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
southpole12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc1019 View Post
here's the stick, and all it has it righty's and it has your curve http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-h...gy-se6-sr.html
ok thanks and Ill post up a review when i get it.