HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Team Canada 'B' vs. Team USA 'A'

View Poll Results: The better team?
Team Canada 'B' 94 50.54%
Team USA 'A' 92 49.46%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2010, 11:56 AM
  #101
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,599
vCash: 392
I'm a little disgusted with some of the arrogance from my fellow Canadians. I really think the Americans might suprise at the Olympics and make it to the gold medal game...

They are a very good team...

DJB is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
  #102
SmittyWings44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Being Canadian, I obviously want Canada to get the gold. However, I do respect the players that the US is icing, and I wouldn't mind seeing them have a good showing at the Olympics. That said however, can the US team keep up with Canada, or even Russia? You can't succeed with great goaltending alone.

SmittyWings44 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
  #103
Team Boring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunshine
Country: United States
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyWings44 View Post
Being Canadian, I obviously want Canada to get the gold. However, I do respect the players that the US is icing, and I wouldn't mind seeing them have a good showing at the Olympics. That said however, can the US team keep up with Canada, or even Russia? You can't succeed with great goaltending alone.
Exactly, there are no great players outside the goalie position on Team USA.

Team Boring is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
  #104
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Maybe a Canadian team will win the Stanley Cup this decade...

Congratulations on probably the dumbest thread I have seen on this board. All you have done is make Canadian hockey fans look bad with this incredible amount of arrogance. Sadly, it's only a few that think like this, but I feel for most of the fans in Canada. Now you will wonder why people root against Canada, and it's not because of they are the "best", but because of nonsense like this.

"Is it even close?"

Good thing hockey is played on the ice and not from hfboards internet lineups. I wish I had the time in my day to think of these things. Maybe we shouldn't even play in the Olympics, nor should Sweden, Finland, Russia, Switzerland and all other teams, and Canada should field 8 teams and see who wins the gold medal? So now you can have Team A Canada vs Team E Canada is it even close?
What does that comment have to do with this thread? US teams that win the Stanley Cup have mostly Canadian born hockey players..

If team USA had that Canadian team B defense they would be a much better team....That team USA defense is the weak link in that team...

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
  #105
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
What does that comment have to do with this thread? US teams that win the Stanley Cup have mostly Canadian born hockey players..

If team USA had that Canadian team B defense they would be a much better team....That team USA defense is the weak link in that team...
The real only way to settle this is to have Canada field 8 teams. They will all vie for the gold against each other. I don't really think any team other than Canada should enter the olympics. Their E team should play their A team, and so forth, no need for USA, Russia, Finland or Sweden. It will be all Team Canada as they are so far superior to the rest of the world in hockey, let them play themselves.

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
  #106
2525
Registered User
 
2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 10199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
The real only way to settle this is to have Canada field 8 teams. They will all vie for the gold against each other. I don't really think any team other than Canada should enter the olympics. Their E team should play their A team, and so forth, no need for USA, Russia, Finland or Sweden. It will be all Team Canada as they are so far superior to the rest of the world in hockey, let them play themselves.
Now you're just being silly.

2525 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM
  #107
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan001 View Post
Now you're just being silly.

Well judging by the way some fans of hockey canada view the rest of the competition as so inferior it would make perfect sense. I mean if no country can beat your B team, why even play your A team?

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  #108
2525
Registered User
 
2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 10199
Canada could ice 2, maybe even 3 teams that would be competitive against team USA.

The United States of America could probably have 50 teams that would be competitive against the A baseball team of Canada.

The United States of America could probably have 100 teams that would be competitive against the A basketball team of Canada.

The United States of America could probably have 200 teams that would be competitive against the A football team of Canada.

Need I go on?

2525 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
  #109
NewFang
Registered User
 
NewFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
It's close. But I don't think it's an insult. Canada B could beat Canada A or Russia A.

NewFang is online now  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
  #110
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan001 View Post
Canada could ice 2, maybe even 3 teams that would be competitive against team USA.

The United States of America could probably have 50 teams that would be competitive against the A baseball team of Canada.

The United States of America could probably have 100 teams that would be competitive against the A basketball team of Canada.

The United States of America could probably have 200 teams that would be competitive against the A football team of Canada.

Need I go on?

Well it's a good thing the game is played on the ice, and not the internet. It's not a matter of how many teams you can ice, but the arrogance is just disgusting. People wonder why everyone roots against Canada at these kinds of tournaments? It's not the fact you're the best, but the fact of people's arrogance.

Maybe our B team gives your A team a run for their money....

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
  #111
2525
Registered User
 
2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 10199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Well it's a good thing the game is played on the ice, and not the internet. It's not a matter of how many teams you can ice, but the arrogance is just disgusting. People wonder why everyone roots against Canada at these kinds of tournaments? It's not the fact you're the best, but the fact of people's arrogance.

Maybe our B team gives your A team a run for their money....
When it comes to arrogance, we learned from the masters.

2525 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
  #112
trees17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: vineland nj
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromChaos22 View Post
We get it, Canada is better at hockey than the U.S.
Don't you mean Lacrosse?

trees17 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
  #113
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 15,129
vCash: 1100
I will laugh repeatedly if Canada meltsdown like they did in 2006 just for these very threads

BigT2002 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
  #114
NewFang
Registered User
 
NewFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I will laugh repeatedly if Canada meltsdown like they did in 2006 just for these very threads
Meh, just means we should have sent B instead of A

NewFang is online now  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
  #115
Go_Krusty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
The correct answer is who cares. All that matters is if Canada can beat USA, and that we will find out in February.

Go_Krusty is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:38 PM
  #116
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
the arrogance

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:39 PM
  #117
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan001 View Post
When it comes to arrogance, we learned from the masters.
I was wondering when someone was going to bring that comment up... We only seem to do it concerning hockey..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 01:55 PM
  #118
CallMeJerry
Registered User
 
CallMeJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Americans calling out Canadians for being arrogant =

CallMeJerry is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
  #119
naihlflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
Americans calling out Canadians for being arrogant =
Where is the thread going? No where good. Who gives a bleep about Canada Team B?

I'm ready to see the Team A's from all the countries. Team B's are imaginary. Let the real games begin.

Close this thread.

naihlflames is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
  #120
CaptKirk
Registered User
 
CaptKirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Country: Canada
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
There is a ton of people underestimating the States team. I for one, love the team Brian Burke assembled and anyone who watches hockey knows this team could easily beat Canada's "A" team, let alone their "B" team. The only player I feel Burke left out was Bogosian.

CaptKirk is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
  #121
Ironslave
Registered User
 
Ironslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Canada A can beat USA
the Canada B listed can beat USA
USA can beat both Canada A and Canada B

It's just harmless speculation on what you think should happen. We all know all bets are off once the puck drops. Over the course of time, the best usually rises to the top (ie, why Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are usually the top 2 golfers at the end of every year), but any given week any team can stink out the joint and lose to anybody else at the level.

Ironslave is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:16 PM
  #122
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I was wondering when someone was going to bring that comment up... We only seem to do it concerning hockey..
not like you have a lot of other options..


ZING

one2gamble is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
  #123
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoenMyLawn View Post
Brodeur:

25-10-1
4 Shutouts
.921
2.17

Miller:

22-8-3
4 Shutouts
.932
2.08

Miller has better numbers, but it looks pretty close to me. It's not like he's blowing Brodeur out of the water with those stats.

We are even in goaltending, and Fleury, Luongo > Thomas, Quick ;
And I really, really hope he gets a chance to play against the US so Kane can light him up again on the big stage in the biggest game of the tournament for both teams.

Blue Liner is online now  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:20 PM
  #124
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,571
vCash: 330
Stastny with Parise and Kessel on his wing would eat that defense alive.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline  
Old
01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
  #125
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
not like you have a lot of other options..


ZING
Exactly my point.. Let us have Hockey and you can continue to be arrogant about every thing else US related...

sheed36 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.