HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals @ Kings. 4pm. 1/2/10.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
  #76
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Well if Green still wonders why he didn't make the Olympic team there was a perfect example.
I agree completely. Instead of responding to the snub by playing better he hasn't.


World class dive by Doughty.

This is a completely rudderless team right now. NO LEADERSHIP.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
  #77
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Someone on the Caps just expressed themselves with a word that starts with an F as they entered the locker room.
...Fantastic?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
  #78
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28,954
vCash: 500
I guess the Olympic snub thing will be used by the haters every time green does just about anything

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
  #79
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry
 
XDC-RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Unreal. This team looks like a complete joke.
A bit harsh.

Please point out a couple plays that make you say this.

Just because they are down 1-0 and being outshot does not necessarily mean they are playing horribly. The Kings are playing very well. The officiating has been horrid.

The Caps aren't playing bad at all.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
  #80
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
They just aren't paying the price.

I'd start by getting #28 off the 1st unit.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
  #81
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Well, this is about what I would expect from this team after watching their practice last Sunday in Ballston. Very little work on defense and very little work on anything but transition hockey against passive defense. I've always thought this was a team with mediocre coaching, and I'm pretty damn sure of that now.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
  #82
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
They just aren't paying the price.

I'd start by getting #28 off the 1st unit.
I've just about had it with Semin. Fool's gold. McPhee needs to trade him while he has value.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
  #83
Cappy76
Registered User
 
Cappy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London, Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Man Green looks pissed when asked about the Olympic stuff

Cappy76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
  #84
HokieHockey
 
HokieHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Someone on the Caps just expressed themselves with a word that starts with an F as they entered the locker room.
I heard that too and had to rewind to make sure. Pretty funny.

HokieHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
  #85
XploD
Registered User
 
XploD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
I really like Green.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
  #86
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
A bit harsh.

Please point out a couple plays that make you say this.

Just because they are down 1-0 and being outshot does not necessarily mean they are playing horribly. The Kings are playing very well. The officiating has been horrid.

The Caps aren't playing bad at all.
Oh really? Care to describe one offensive possession with any hint of danger to LA in that period? How about the non-stop cute passes without shooting? The defense was OK.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
  #87
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
Christmas may be over, but you wouldn't know it by the number of fruitcakes up in this thread.

"Boudreau sucks"
"Green sucks"
"Caps are a joke"

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:55 PM
  #88
tzinc
Registered User
 
tzinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
The slide is because of the trade they traded 2 long serving Caps who did their jobs well. Jurcina is better then Erskine Shamo or Poti. Clark was captain there is more to a captain then points and minutes played!

Making a trade when your team is in 1st place when it's on a roll is dumb.

There are things such as psychology and chemistry even if the trade looks good on paper which I don't think it does but you can argue it does you still should not make the trade because of where the Caps were and how they were playing.

Trading your captain and a solid d-man is ridiculous this came right after they beat New Jersey and Buffalo.

Dumb dumb trade.

Everyone feeling good in the room there's team chemistry people understand the teams on a roll and they get rid of 2 solid team guys RIDICULOUS!

Plus not naming Ovi captain creates a negative vibe plus they just gave Semin a huge raise and new deal and dump two solid guys that looks bad. WTF are they doing.

tzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:55 PM
  #89
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHockey View Post
Are you saying nobody else should be considered?
I am saying that its Ov. I am saying that it shouldnt be anyone else. Bradley? Half this board wanted him scratched regularly as recently as this off season. Certainly not playing with Fehr taking a scratch.

I love Bradley but he is not the Captain

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #90
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,674
vCash: 500
Not a smart start. They need a smarter, crisper, workmanlike approach against stronger team defenses. They don't seem to have a real good gameplan. If there is, it isn't apparent.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #91
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,328
vCash: 50
Semin looked ok to me. At least he showed some emotion taking that penalty that could have been dual calls.

I think we are due a few PP's, and i am thinking we may see a snub goal. Ovi may need help providing leadership. It seems like its him or bust. Making him captain probably wont change that either.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #92
HokieHockey
 
HokieHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Well, this is about what I would expect from this team after watching their practice last Sunday in Ballston. Very little work on defense and very little work on anything but transition hockey against passive defense. I've always thought this was a team with mediocre coaching, and I'm pretty damn sure of that now.
A) No fan knows enough about the team to make a statement like this. If you're not in the locker room and you're not in the team meetings, all you can really do is sit on your hands and watch.

B) What about the first period indicates this is a problem with coaching?

HokieHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #93
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I've just about had it with Semin. Fool's gold. McPhee needs to trade him while he has value.
I'd gladly take a smart 50-60 point LW for 5-6 million than pay Sasha 6m to half-ass 2 out of every 3 games.

Over him.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #94
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
A bit harsh.

Please point out a couple plays that make you say this.

Just because they are down 1-0 and being outshot does not necessarily mean they are playing horribly. The Kings are playing very well. The officiating has been horrid.

The Caps aren't playing bad at all.
How can you say that?! The Kings didn't look great. Blaming officiating is a cop out. Get some f'ing shots on goal for F's sake.

This team has generated NOTHING for 3 games. They're playing like they're asleep.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
  #95
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Christmas may be over, but you wouldn't know it by the number of fruitcakes up in this thread.

"Boudreau sucks"
"Green sucks"
"Caps are a joke"
No, Boudreau doesn't suck. He is pretty mediocre.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
  #96
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry
 
XDC-RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Oh really? Care to describe one offensive possession with any hint of danger to LA in that period? How about the non-stop cute passes without shooting? The defense was OK.
I'm not saying they are playing their best game so far. I'm just not ready to call them a "complete joke" as did the poster to whom I responded.

There is a tendancy around here to jump all over players and the team every single time the slightest opportunity arises. If it's justified, I'm on board. But many times it's a knee jerk reaction with little to no real substance.

They have work to do, yes. But that period was not the same garbage we've seen the last two games. They seem to be working harder and playing fundamentals a bit more. I see hope, not gloom and doom.

OT: I hate JR!

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  #97
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Christmas may be over, but you wouldn't know it by the number of fruitcakes up in this thread.

"Boudreau sucks"
"Green sucks"
"Caps are a joke"
Isnt that the standard meltdown here when the Caps are losing/lose? Win them all or bust...right?

On a serious note. I am not a fan of this change in team temperment immediately after the trade. Its not about Jurcina. He was getting scratched and the Caps win before. I really dont think its about Clark. I am just getting a bad feeling that grows with each game they are not competitive.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
  #98
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHockey View Post
A) No fan knows enough about the team to make a statement like this. If you're not in the locker room and you're not in the team meetings, all you can really do is sit on your hands and watch.

B) What about the first period indicates this is a problem with coaching?
There is absolutely no chemistry, no precision with the passing, lousy positioning/spacing, need I go on?

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
  #99
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzinc View Post
The slide is because of the trade they traded 2 long serving Caps who did their jobs well. Jurcina is better then Erskine Shamo or Poti. Clark was captain there is more to a captain then points and minutes played!

Making a trade when your team is in 1st place when it's on a roll is dumb.

There are things such as psychology and chemistry even if the trade looks good on paper which I don't think it does but you can argue it does you still should not make the trade because of where the Caps were and how they were playing.

Trading your captain and a solid d-man is ridiculous this came right after they beat New Jersey and Buffalo.

Dumb dumb trade.

disagree, if the team suffers a bit because of the trade fine but no way that trade will affect them negatively in the playoffs. i would say its not a dumb trade, its a dumb timing but still it was necessary.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
  #100
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
They'll win the game if they actually move their legs and sacrifice their body.

More perimeter shooting and low % passing= big loss.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.