HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo

Old
01-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Turboflex*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Ovechkin played like crap that tournament. I remember watching him and wondering what the hype was about.
Didn't the Canadians have a strategy of going out and drilling the hell out of him? Took him out of tournament LOL.

Ovechkin is still human and can be taken out of a game by freight train bodychecks. I remember some games vs the Caps where Komisarek would play really well and seriously work over Ovechkin all night, he would be a non-factor.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Scouter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Didn't the Canadians have a strategy of going out and drilling the hell out of him? Took him out of tournament LOL.

Ovechkin is still human and can be taken out of a game by freight train bodychecks. I remember some games vs the Caps where Komisarek would play really well and seriously work over Ovechkin all night, he would be a non-factor.
Komi playing well against Ovie and matched his foot speed, you must be talking about a different player.

Last edited by Scouter: 01-04-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Komi playing well against Ovie and matching his foot speed, you must be talking about a different player.
durrr he worked him down low and along boards

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:49 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I think he's the best Habs forward prospect I've seen at the WJC in a long time. He's way better than Higgins, Chipchura, Ryder, Ribeiro, Perezhogin or anyone else since Koivu. We've had some stellar defensive performances (Subban, Price, Theodore even Hainsey was good at the WJC) but for forwards, not so much.

I like his speed and escapability. He has a terrific shot and goes to the front of the net. He's responsible defensively, kills penalties, and seems to have all round skills. I think the "selfish," puckhog tag that some posters apply to him is so over-bearingly wrong that you can now call his playmaking skills under-rated. He's a shooter/scorer who wants the puck on his stick but he doesn't waste shots by shooting from horrible angles like Jason Blake does.

His shot seems really accurate, sort of like Jason Pominville. He has a great release. His shoot-out goal reminded me of Cammalleri's wrister. Both Pominville and Cammy were second round draft picks. I think Kristo could develop along those lines.

Cammy by the way spent 3 years at Michigan. His first two pro years were split between L.A. and Manchester. His third pro year was the lock-out year so he was in the AHL full-time.

Pominville had a 3 year junior career in the Q. Spent three full seasons with Rochester and began his 4th year of pro in the AHL before finally graduating a quarter of the way through the season.

I expect Kristo to follow a similar path. I expect he'll play a minimum of 2 seasons with ND, and then spend a minimum of two years in the AHL, so we're not going to see him for another three years. He's a good prospect though. By the time he's ready for the NHL Cammy and Gionta's contracts will be close to done, so the timing is good too.
Perezhogin had a great tournament with Grigorenko, I would say they are on par, both have\had great linemates too.. But you can see Kristo is the type of player making things happen by his own..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhammyCammy View Post
overhyping our prospects again , sweet
its true that our line-up has basically no player we drafted over the years..

I think the same thing about D'Amigo (a leafs prospect if Im not wrong), this kid should become a pretty good second line winger in the NHL as well..

Old
01-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Every time that they show Kristo's face in this tournament, I kept telling myself that he looks exactly like some other player but I couldn't quite put my finger on who. It just hit me now that he looks a lot like Ales Hemsky.

Kristo is an interesting prospect. He was drafted as a smart, well rounded player, and you can see that in him today. But I just don't see anything about him that jumps out to me other than his speed.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Every time that they show Kristo's face in this tournament, I kept telling myself that he looks exactly like some other player but I couldn't quite put my finger on who. It just hit me now that he looks a lot like Ales Hemsky.

Kristo is an interesting prospect. He was drafted as a smart, well rounded player, and you can see that in him today. But I just don't see anything about him that jumps out to me other than his speed.
Yeah, if he keeps toe draggin like that he'll be a bit of a one trick pony who won't be able to do that in the pros.

Old
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
King William
Draft all the Swedes

What do Habs fans think of Jerry D'Amigo and his chemistry with Kristo?

King William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:58 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
What do Habs fans think of Jerry D'Amigo and his chemistry with Kristo?
I've been very impressed with D'Amigo, he's not only skilled, but he looks like a really smart player. In comparison to Kristo, he seems to be a more complete player on both sides of the ice. As for their chemistry, they better enjoy tomorrow, because it'll probably be their last game playing together for a looooong time.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I've been very impressed with D'Amigo, he's not only skilled, but he looks like a really smart player. In comparison to Kristo, he seems to be a more complete player on both sides of the ice. As for their chemistry, they better enjoy tomorrow, because it'll probably be their last game playing together for a looooong time.
Don't quite agree. Kristo was all over the ice last night, backchecked, played deep in defensive zone and played the point on PP. D'Amigo seems to be a more unidimensional speed sniper guy.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Yeah, if he keeps toe draggin like that he'll be a bit of a one trick pony who won't be able to do that in the pros.
were you saying that about Subban and the spin-o-ramas?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Don't quite agree. Kristo was all over the ice last night, backchecked, played deep in defensive zone and played the point on PP. D'Amigo seems to be a more unidimensional speed sniper guy.
I would have said that about Kristo actually..lol, but we'll see. I really love Kristo's skill set, but will have to watch him more to get a better read on him..

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
NHLcrazy

Something in him reminds me of Ryder...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Habsfan18

I've been very impressed with this kid, and I think he'll be a damn good player.

My only complaint is that he's a little selfish and he needs to learn how to make better use of his linemates.

The kid LOVES to shoot, and you can tell he always wants the puck. In some ways though, that can work out to our advantage.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:35 PM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I've been very impressed with this kid, and I think he'll be a damn good player.

My only complaint is that he's a little selfish and he needs to learn how to make better use of his linemates.

The kid LOVES to shoot, and you can tell he always wants the puck. In some ways though, that can work out to our advantage.
A team need a few "selfish" players in the lineup, and by selfish I mean guys who shoot more and pass less.

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Count of Monte Kristo is very skilled. You can tell by his vision and his hands. He also has great speed. However, in the corners and on the wall he gets easily manhandled. He needs to put on at least 15 pounds of muscle.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Kristo is playing with much more grit, his hands are quicker and he is a way better skater..

Old
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
were you saying that about Subban and the spin-o-ramas?
Sure.

Old
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think we should all become of fan of him on Facebook

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Must be the wrister.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
linp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Count of Monte Kristo is very skilled. You can tell by his vision and his hands. He also has great speed. However, in the corners and on the wall he gets easily manhandled. He needs to put on at least 15 pounds of muscle.
That's how I feel about him also. He is still growing and here is hoping that in 3 to 4 years he'll be mature both skillwise and bodywise.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
LePoche69

Let's try to compare Kristo for fun, for possible upside-downside, based on the little I saw :

Very big upside : Phil Kessel
Upside : Brian Gionta
Downside : Jim Cambell or Jim Dowd
Very big downside : Serge Boisvert or career AHLer or career Eropeen leaguer.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Clumsyhab

Don't know if you guys have seen it, but I think Kristo will be our next leader in the locker room

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Don't know if you guys have seen it, but I think Kristo will be our next leader in the locker room

Yeah we have, and while that's a cool vid.. this little guy is yeeeears away form doing this with real men, if ever, but cuul vid.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Yeah we have, and while that's a cool vid.. this little guy is yeeeears away form doing this with real men, if ever, but cuul vid.
Yeah, he'll have to get past the voice cracking phase before doing this with real men.

I wonder if he made the chant up.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote