Thrash @ Isles

VS.

Keys to victory:

1. Score more then them
2. Start Moose
3. dont suck
4. send the defense unicorn after the Moulson express
5. keep an eye on the glass partitions

Last edited by Telfo: 01-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
PHYS251

vCash: 500
Hell if it takes more of those half-naked, photoshopped pix of our players to help them when, then let the NSFW tags fly!

C'mon fellas, let's break this losing streak already.

Last edited by PHYS251: 01-02-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: see next post!
Old
01-02-2010, 01:08 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYS251 View Post
Hell if it takes more of those half-naked, photoshopped pix of our players to help them when, then let the NSFW tags fly!

C'mon fellas, let's break this losing streak already.
The Kovalchuck photo is not Photoshopped. He actually did pose for that photo as well as some others.

Old
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
PHYS251

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
The Kovalchuck photo is not Photoshopped. He actually did pose for that photo as well as some others.

Well hell. Someone needs to tell him to streak if it means we would get back in the win column!

Old
01-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Aaronxxx

Pavelec in net
Boulton and Valabik scratched

great

Old
01-02-2010, 01:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

7 game losing streak, 0-5 on the 7 game road trip... this is pretty bad. Thrashers have fell off big time. I said to someone we had a chance at going 0-7 on the trip because of the inconsistency, i didn't think it would actually happen. If they lose tonight Anderson needs to be fired on Sunday. I want this streak to end i hope it doesn't go into double digits. If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.

Pavelec is in net which means the streak should continue. Over or Under - 1st intermission Pavelec is pulled.

I'm glad Salmela is getting the time he deserves. Now maybe if we can realize Hainsey is our worst defensemen and is ruining our future star Bogosian, we can trade him for a 6th round pick because Hainsey has no value right now. We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

40 games gone and we are NOT a playoff team. This is the last game of the 1st half of the season.

Old
01-02-2010, 01:39 PM
PHYS251

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
7 game losing streak, 0-5 on the 7 game road trip... this is pretty bad. Thrashers have fell off big time. I said to someone we had a chance at going 0-7 on the trip because of the inconsistency, i didn't think it would actually happen. If they lose tonight Anderson needs to be fired on Sunday. I want this streak to end i hope it doesn't go into double digits. If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.

Pavelec is in net which means the streak should continue. Over or Under - 1st intermission Pavelec is pulled.

I'm glad Salmela is getting the time he deserves. Now maybe if we can realize Hainsey is our worst defensemen and is ruining our future star Bogosian, we can trade him for a 6th round pick because Hainsey has no value right now. We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick.
They'll leave him in. Final score will be:

ATL-3
NYI-5

Somebody for the Isles who's in a scoring slump will have a 2+ goal game tonight.

Kovy will score.

Old
01-02-2010, 01:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I hope Matty Moulson doesn't own us again. I can't remember but did he own Pavelec?

Sounds accurate though but if we lose we will lose by one so say 5-4. We will be down 5-2 to start the 3rd, we score 2 make everyone think the comeback is in, than with the goalie pulled in the final minute we blow it.

We can't win games with the lead because it always gets blown or coach puts in the protect the lead method so our best chance is to be down going into the 3rd and hope for a comeback. That's sad when that is a teams best chance at winning games lol.

Old
01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:

40 games gone and we are NOT a playoff team. This is the last game of the 1st half of the season.

I thought JA was the reason for all of our troubles and the sky would stop falling if we replace him. But how exactly is Hainsey's play affecting Bogo's ability to bring it up the ice, shoot on target, and get back on defense when he pinches.

Old
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Sarcasm? JA is the reason IMO.

Hainsey is ruining Bogosian. He is absolutely awful. His poor defense speaks for himself. Maybe it's because of JA and his no defense system? But from what i've seen, Hainsey is soft and is not physical and lets people own the crease. So maybe it's JA's system and not Hainseys fault? But on the offensive side, Bogosian can't pinch and carry like he wants to because Hainsey is always out of position and gets beat. This is why Bogosian hasn't scored in a long long time. If i remember correctly, Bogosian was scoring goals when he was paired with Enstrom. I don't think Bogosian has scored a goal since he was paired with Hainsey.

Overall- Hainsey is very poor defensively. Below average offensive skills. His signature move is clearing the puck for icings. Basically, for what defensive system we have, Hainsey is a failure in it. Which is why i blame JA a little too when i speak of Hainsey.

I'll make a new judgement case if i can see him play in a defensive system or under a new coach. A coach that even teaches the slightest amount of defense, not a coach that teaches none at all.

which leads to if we replace JA, the sky WILL stop falling for everyone and possibly Hainsey too. We would see better defense by all, better breakouts, different elements insetad of just breakout breakout breakout, better decisions made by the coach, tons of energy, tons of motivation etc.....

But if Hainsey can't succeed with another coach he and his 4.5 needs to be traded.

Last edited by John Cena*: 01-02-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 02:29 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Kovalchuk has 43 points with 24 goals and missed 6 games. I think he would have gotten 100 points this season if he didn't get injured.

The funny thing with Ilya is i think he can succeed in any system no matter what it be. He would still rack up his goals and points. All we do is see him take it in on the left wing and either a) try to lower his shoulder and get around the defensemen or b) pull up and stop to make a cross ice pass. I'd like to see something new sometimes. Once in a while someone needs to follow up behind Ilya for the drop pass. Then he can go behind the net giving more options to everyone. I'm sick of seeing the same offense though every game it's breakout breakout breakout breakout. JA it doesn't work please add other elements.

We don't have the right players for breakouts. It's usually a turnover 75% of the time. Or it goes down for icing.

Last edited by John Cena*: 01-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I do agree with you that Hainsey and Bogo don't work together.
If it takes a new coach to do that then so be it.

I don't think it's the system as much as it is the partnerships.

Hainsey and Kubina when paired were the best combo all around.
Then Toby and Bogo were a very close 2nd.

Please just re-unite these lines.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Georgia Dawg

The end of a losing streak happens tonight, and it begins the streak of a 7 game win streak.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.
replace "Anderson" with Fraser, Waddell, Hartley, Waddell and you will know what all of us fans over the age of "18" already have been through.

Your rants are not new to people who have been here since 1999. The only constant is DON WADDELL. Not the players, not the coaches, not the "systems" not even the owners have been the same. It's all about the image and culture he has created here.

Enjoy the lottery draw. It wouldn't surprise any hardcore Thrasher fans who have been through it all.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:23 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I am over 18 lol. If indeed that was directed towards me. I understand this team more than you appearantly which is why i understand why we're losing. You seem to not understand it. Right now it's Andersons fault. Why is it Waddells fault? He's doing best he can given the circumstances. If we had another owner/gm we'd still be how bad we are right now because of Anderson lol. Less that owner is smart enough to fire the staff. The owner can only change this team right now in 1 way and thats firing Anderson.

Right now we are losing because of Anderson and his staff. I think a lottery draw this season should surprise everyone. Why wouldn't it? This is the best Thrashers team ever and they are losing. It's the staff. Bring back Hartley and this team is amazing it's almost guarenteed. Anyone with NHL experience and NHL knowledge and we have the record we should have.

So if you're telling me you would not be surprised if we ended up getting a lottery pick than your full of it.

A new GM doesn't change Andersons knowledge. Whats he going to do spend 8 hours a day teaching Anderson how to coach in the NHL level lol. It's not Waddells fault right now right this very moment, he is not the reason we are inconsistent and losing consistently. It's Anderson and Anderson only. Maybe in the offseason you can blame Waddell for whatever you want to but it's pointless to now lol. It wouldn't change the way Anderson coaches. Simply put, Anderson has to go he is awful.

Last edited by John Cena*: 01-02-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Just win, so we can stop with this End of Days nonsense on a daily basis.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYS251 View Post
They'll leave him in. Final score will be:

ATL-3
NYI-5

Somebody for the Isles who's in a scoring slump will have a 2+ goal game tonight.

Kovy will score.
That's funny. The Isles haven't score more then 2 goals in regulation time in about 3 weeks. I hope you are right though!

Old
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Just win, so we can stop with this End of Days nonsense on a daily basis.
I do not think a 20 game win streak would cause some to stop....

Old
01-02-2010, 03:34 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Halen View Post
That's funny. The Isles haven't score more then 2 goals in regulation time in about 3 weeks. I hope you are right though!
It's Anderson's Thrashers. We end streaks for the worse. Most recent, Parise ending his goal drought on us. Meaning tonight Isles will score 3+ regulation goals.

I hope i'm wrong but i don't control what the team does and doesn't do. I just sit here like the fan and hope it stops. Hoping it all goes away with 1 move.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:55 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg View Post
I do not think a 20 game win streak would cause some to stop....

I think some fans might secretly wish they were St.Louis Blues fans.....They fired Murray today.

Hope they go out and give it a good run tonight. Rangers picked up 1 point today,
Lightning up 2-1 on Pitts. Tampa looks awesome and Pitts is being owned. We need a good run.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 01-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old
01-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Shameus

Old
01-02-2010, 05:19 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Just want to give you a big thumbs up on the new avatar. Seven game losing streak, and we all need something nice to look at.

(And yes, I made this)

Old
01-02-2010, 05:20 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
lol! Great movie by the way!

Not really trying to be negative, not being a "realist" Just running amok with some monkey business on a slow, cold day. LOL....

I really, really want this team to do well, but lately, I feel like Rush Limbaugh and Fred Sanford watching this year's version. I have to lighten it up and look at the whole league if I'm going to make it to April. Sorry if I O-Fiend.

Old
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

oh boy this thread

we're 3-7-1 with valabik in the lineup this season and 15-10-4 without him, just sayin.

hopefully we're fired up and mad after the way last night went and dominate this game, probably won't happen but hopefully. no matter what we have to win out the rest of this road trip.

Old
01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Halen View Post
the thrashers haven't had a regulation win since november and are on a 7 game losing streak...no sympathy.

Closed Thread