HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10 Questions about your Habs

Old
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
10 Questions about your Habs

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...o8230/82/25328

Quote:
10 Questions:
1. Do you like how Jacques Martin has handled the goalies so far, this season?

2. Who would be your priority signing if you were in Gaineyís shoes: Halak or Price?

3. Do you feel that if Bob Gainey doesnít negotiate with Tomas Plekanec during the season, he wonít get a deal done before July 1st?

4. Teams like Philadelphia, Carolina, and Anaheim have disappointed in the first half, and are candidates to be among the better teams in the second half. Do you think the Canadiens could be among one of the best teams in the second half of the season?

5. What do you feel the potential is for Benoit Pouliot?

6. Who do you feel is most likely to step up (that hasnít been meeting expectations) for the Canadiens in the second half of the season?

7. Should Marc-Andre Bergeron be used as a forward or defenseman?

8. Who should be the Captain of the Montreal Canadiens?

9. Given Cedrik Desjardins MVP-like AHL season, do you think itís more likely Halak will be traded?

10. Itís early, but, Latendresse or Pouliot?
10 Questions:
1. Do you like how Jacques Martin has handled the goalies so far, this season?: I like how He's played both Price and Halak, however the media controversy gives me a headache.

2. Who would be your priority signing if you were in Gaineyís shoes: Halak or Price? Price.

3. Do you feel that if Bob Gainey doesnít negotiate with Tomas Plekanec during the season, he wonít get a deal done before July 1st? I feel if he doesn't try to sign Pleks, its a mistake on his part and not much will get done, unless Gainey intends to trade Pleks.

4. Teams like Philadelphia, Carolina, and Anaheim have disappointed in the first half, and are candidates to be among the better teams in the second half. Do you think the Canadiens could be among one of the best teams in the second half of the season? NO, we need more consistency from Offense, and a bit more offensive punch upfront. Our D is way to fragile to match the likes of Philly or even Washington. Markov for MVP tho.

5. What do you feel the potential is for Benoit Pouliot? I've got no clue.

6. Who do you feel is most likely to step up (that hasnít been meeting expectations) for the Canadiens in the second half of the season? Andrei-Sergei (Although Andrei has been stellar in the last 20 games.)

7. Should Marc-Andre Bergeron be used as a forward or defenseman? Forward!

8. Who should be the Captain of the Montreal Canadiens? Mike Cammalleri

9. Given Cedrik Desjardins MVP-like AHL season, do you think itís more likely Halak will be traded? Yes. It will happen.

10. Itís early, but, Latendresse or Pouliot? Pouliot handsdown, even at face value.

So? What do you guys think?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Rgolt

10 Questions:
1. Do you like how Jacques Martin has handled the goalies so far, this season?
Hes playing the hot hand, which i agree with

2. Who would be your priority signing if you were in Gaineyís shoes: Halak or Price?
Price, let halak walk and take the picks

3. Do you feel that if Bob Gainey doesnít negotiate with Tomas Plekanec during the season, he wonít get a deal done before July 1st?
hell leave if not signed during the season

4. Teams like Philadelphia, Carolina, and Anaheim have disappointed in the first half, and are candidates to be among the better teams in the second half. Do you think the Canadiens could be among one of the best teams in the second half of the season?
yes, especially now that were healthy

5. What do you feel the potential is for Benoit Pouliot?
could be a great 2nd line power forward (sounds like what we all said about lats a few years ago lol, so i wont hold my breath)

6. Who do you feel is most likely to step up (that hasnít been meeting expectations) for the Canadiens in the second half of the season?
it better be Lapierre

7. Should Marc-Andre Bergeron be used as a forward or defenseman?
there are better defenseman, but we need him for the pp. therefore offense

8. Who should be the Captain of the Montreal Canadiens?
Brian Gionta

9. Given Cedrik Desjardins MVP-like AHL season, do you think itís more likely Halak will be traded?
not really but it doesnt hurt

10. Itís early, but, Latendresse or Pouliot?
Pouliot, only because of the difference of speed

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

1. Do you like how Jacques Martin has handled the goalies so far, this season? Yes

2. Who would be your priority signing if you were in Gaineyís shoes: Halak or Price? Price

3. Do you feel that if Bob Gainey doesnít negotiate with Tomas Plekanec during the season, he wonít get a deal done before July 1st? Yes,if a deal isn't in place I think Pleks tests FA

4. Teams like Philadelphia, Carolina, and Anaheim have disappointed in the first half, and are candidates to be among the better teams in the second half. Do you think the Canadiens could be among one of the best teams in the second half of the season? No doubt about it,healthy we will be dominant

5. What do you feel the potential is for Benoit Pouliot? A very good 2nd liner

6. Who do you feel is most likely to step up (that hasnít been meeting expectations) for the Canadiens in the second half of the season? Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek

7. Should Marc-Andre Bergeron be used as a forward or defenseman? Forward

8. Who should be the Captain of the Montreal Canadiens? Andrei Markov

9. Given Cedrik Desjardins MVP-like AHL season, do you think itís more likely Halak will be traded? I don't think it has anything to do with Desjardins great play this season in the AHL,Gainey needs to decide who to keep and get as much as possible in a deal.If Halak isn't happy to be a backup and the Habs wanna go forward with Price,then he has got to move Halak and not lose him for nothing
10. Itís early, but, Latendresse or Pouliot? I like what I've seen from Pouliot,I think he could and will turn out to be a better player overall then Latendresse

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

1. I approve

2. Price

3. Yep...

4. Thats what I've been hoping for since the beginning of the season yes

5. Top 6 forward

6. Sergei Kos

7. Forward

8. Gionta or Cammalleri (more leaning towards Gionta)

9. Yes

10. Pouliot has more skill and speed

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
TinordiandSubban

1) Very impressed with Jack's handling of the young players in general, especially creating a positive rivalry between Price and Halak.

2) Carey Price should be wrapped up long term.

3) Pleks is not more important than Price and Markov long term, but should still be signed if the contract is reasonable. 5yrs -$3.5mil per.

4) If everyone is healthy, the Habs can contend for best team in the East.

5) Bog Benny Pouliot has the potential to be a 1st line center, 70-80 pts.

6) Lapierre, SKost and Dagostini should all start to play better.

7) Forward and PP point man.

8) Josh Gorges

9) No, he's benefitted from a great D. I don't think he's that good a goalie.

10) Benny, not even close. Great trade by Bob, just look at the requirements and what he had to offer.
Needed: Fast, skilled, smart player with good size who can play a Top 6 role and has an upside to be a 1st line center. Also must have French name and have grown up a Habs fan and no more than 750k on the cap hit.
Offering: Soft and cuddly man-child who has regressed in his development. Rumored pomme-pourri with a fondness for fast food.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote