Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Team Canada Jersey Numbers

01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
vCash: 500
Team Canada Jersey Numbers

Hey Guys - curious about what numbers (jersey) TC guys will wear at the Olys. We'd been talking about how Toews and Thornton, for example, both wear 19 on their club team, so something's gotta give there. (91 for Toews??)

I'm hoping to get a Toews Oly jersey, but no clue what number he'll be wearing. Any thoughts?

Noeller is offline   Reply With Quote
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM

i ordered my toews jersey already, seconds after the announcement, not thinking of this predicament so i am currently screwed. i have been talking about it with a friend though and the options look like this:

Thornton has always worn 97 in international bc of yzerman and sakic, but last year at the worlds he still wore it even when they weren't playing.
Toews used to wear 29 for world juniors which will be worn by andre-fleury i'm sure.
91 is an option i believe although i have heard someone else has that already too, so we believe either thornton will wear 97 and toews takes 19, neither wear 19, or there's the outside chance that toews could wear 16 which is what he wore at the worlds two years ago which would be a reasonably easy fix for my #19.

zel479t1 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
vCash: 123

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I think, the managing staff will be the one in-charge of the number
to assign on each player.

MrSports* is offline   Reply With Quote