HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

TEAM USA: Second team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM
  #1
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
TEAM USA: Second team

there has been a lot of debating going on over some of the US selections, so i thought it would be fun to see what a second team would look like. Only the US and Canada could ice 2 full teams and surprisingly the US team doesnt look bad and would be able to compete with many countries. here is what my second squad would look like.

Goaltending

Craig Anderson
James Howard
Rick Dipietro....he will be back in time and would have made the Olympics if healthy

Defence

Ryan Whitney
James Wisniewski
Tim Gleason
Keith Yandle
Zack Bogosian
Matt Carle
Alex Goligoski

Forwards

Tim Connolly
RJ Umberger
Kyle Okposo
Scott Gomez
David Legwand
Bill Guerin
Mike Modano
Paul Gaustad
Dustin Byfuglien
Jason Pominville
Brandon Dubinsky
TJ Oshie
Brian Gionta

Lines

1. Whitney, Wisniewski
2. Gleason , Yandle
3. Bogosian, Carle
ex: Goligoski

1. Pominville, Connolly, Okposo
2. Umberger, Gomez, Gionta
3. Dubinsky, Modano, Oshie
4. Byfuglien, Gaustad, Guerin
ex: Legwand

1. Anderson
2. Howard
3. Dipietro

taxi squad would be Hainsey, Cullen, Stafford, O'Sullivan and Booth

the scary thing is I almost like this defence better. very very mobile and tough. i just like the combination of size and speed. the goaltending is solid especially if Dipietro is healthy. the offense wont blow you away, but it has size and plenty of playmakers. this team would still be able to beat some nations. times have changed and our depth has never been better.

i am not saying this squad would do well, just saying that this team would not embarrass themselves against some nations.


Last edited by AmericanDream: 01-02-2010 at 06:34 PM.
AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
  #2
2525
Registered User
 
2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,371
vCash: 500
Impressive team.

I just hope you don't get slammed for being arrogant

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
  #3
Bim Jenning
Registered User
 
Bim Jenning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pyongyang
Country: North Korea
Posts: 8,971
vCash: 500
pmg Pominville!


Edit: Wait, Bogosian never made the 1st team? I didnt notice that. Kinda surprising..

Bim Jenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
  #4
therealdeal
Registered User
 
therealdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,960
vCash: 500
Not a bad little line up, not a lot of star power, but not bad.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
  #5
Hollywood Burrows
Registered User
 
Hollywood Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: EAST VANCOUVER
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
That looks like a decent NHL team.

Hollywood Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:17 PM
  #6
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Not very strong.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
  #7
Sayba
Registered User
 
Sayba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
yea not bad, I think I would add Ballard to the defense tho and possibly find a spot for Mike Modano too. Also too bad that Booth was injured, I think he could have made the 1st team.

Sayba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  #8
Beantowns Best
Registered User
 
Beantowns Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Norton MA
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Modano is a must, he probally should have been on the first team!

Beantowns Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  #9
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Team Finland B > Team USA B

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
  #10
obsenssive*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alfredstown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Foligno as an HM. He will be on that team in the future.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
  #11
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan001 View Post
Impressive team.

I just hope you don't get slammed for being arrogant
how am i being arrogant? there where some contriversal decisions made, so i thought it to be interesting to see what a second group might look like.

i am not saying this team would do much, but i think they could put up a fight with some countries.....

...its all in fun, as i am much more concerned with what we really are sending to Vancouver then this team.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
  #12
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantowns Best View Post
Modano is a must, he probally should have been on the first team!
i agree with that, who would you bounce in favor of Modano?

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
  #13
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor 54 View Post
Foligno as an HM. He will be on that team in the future.
i wanted to add either Foligno, Moss, or Wheeler for size and toughness, but i agree that he will be in contention by 2014

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:26 PM
  #14
Sayba
Registered User
 
Sayba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
how am i being arrogant? there where some contriversal decisions made, so i thought it to be interesting to see what a second group might look like.

i am not saying this team would do much, but i think they could put up a fight with some countries.....

...its all in fun, as i am much more concerned with what we really are sending to Vancouver then this team.
he is being sarcastic, referencing the arrogance of canada team B

Sayba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:26 PM
  #15
Beantowns Best
Registered User
 
Beantowns Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Norton MA
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
i agree with that, who would you bounce in favor of Modano?
Dubinsky, Pomniville, Stafford....Burke probally likes Dubinsky's grit as do I , but Modano would be Captain of a'' B'' team easy.

Beantowns Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:28 PM
  #16
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
he is being sarcastic, referencing the arrogance of canada team B
i was gonna say, this is all in pure fun, no hating going on here

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
  #17
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Team Finland B > Team USA B
i didnt know Finland had an A team??

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:35 PM
  #18
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantowns Best View Post
Dubinsky, Pomniville, Stafford....Burke probally likes Dubinsky's grit as do I , but Modano would be Captain of a'' B'' team easy.
Modano is in and Stafford is out.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:39 PM
  #19
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 500
thats a good team

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM
  #20
OrioleWay
Jailbait
 
OrioleWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7,444
vCash: 500
Scuderi over Carle, please.

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
  #21
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Scuderi over Carle, please.
Carle averages over 23 minutes a night on the #1 pairing with Pronger. He has a better plus/minus then Scuderi, plus he has way more points. I think anyone that mentions Scuderi is nuts because he is far removed from his 1 good year last year. he is a poor mans Aaron Miller....not a bad thing

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:58 PM
  #22
OrioleWay
Jailbait
 
OrioleWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7,444
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of Scuderi, he's overrated #4. Nothing more. But he's good at his job. Carle - meh. Not a bad but when you have Bogosian, Wiz and Whitney who can move puck better than Carle, i think solid defensive d-man like Scuderi is better option.

Personally i will try with:

Whitney- Gleason
Scuderi- Bogosian
Stuart- Wisniewski/Yandle/ Ballard

Seems most of the people really like Ballard but he's not good as last year. Right now for team like this Wiz and Yandle are better options. I think underrated monster like Stuart from Boston must be here. This guy gets no respect around the league.
Liles, Poti, A. Greene and M. Greene - also in the mix. Mention for Corvo and Niskanen too but Joe is injured, Niskanen is really bad this year.

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
  #23
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
there has been a lot of debating going on over some of the US selections, so i thought it would be fun to see what a second team would look like. Only the US and Canada could ice 2 full teams and surprisingly the US team doesnt look bad and would be able to compete with many countries. here is what my second squad would look like.
LOL

No but seriously, no offense, did you even take a look at the B teams the other countries could have? And not only based on NHL players?

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
  #24
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
LOL

No but seriously, no offense, did you even take a look at the B teams the other countries could have? And not only based on NHL players?
it was meant as the only 2 countries that could fill up their rosters with NHL talent. I am sure other countries could make a second team with KHL or Select players, but it is doubtful that any of those teams would be able to compete

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
  #25
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
I'm not a fan of Scuderi, he's overrated #4. Nothing more. But he's good at his job. Carle - meh. Not a bad but when you have Bogosian, Wiz and Whitney who can move puck better than Carle, i think solid defensive d-man like Scuderi is better option.

Personally i will try with:

Whitney- Gleason
Scuderi- Bogosian
Stuart- Wisniewski/Yandle/ Ballard

Seems most of the people really like Ballard but he's not good as last year. Right now for team like this Wiz and Yandle are better options. I think underrated monster like Stuart from Boston must be here. This guy gets no respect around the league.
Liles, Poti, A. Greene and M. Greene - also in the mix. Mention for Corvo and Niskanen too but Joe is injured, Niskanen is really bad this year.
if Corvo was healthy he challenges for team #1 hands down, but sadly that wont happen. i was thinking about Stuart and Ballard, but both arent tearing it up and this blue line already has plenty of beef. i just felt that Carle plays an underrated all around game imo.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.