HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Brent Seabrook isn't a top 6 Team Canada dman...

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Brent Seabrook isn't a top 6 Team Canada dman...

He's more realistically on the B team, but I think he gets a tad bit overrated on here. I have nothing against him but the ONLY reason why he made it is cause of his chemistry with Keith and the fact they're the best d pairing in the NHL. Otherwise, no way he plays over Doughty, Green, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf, etc.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I actually think he's underrated. He's almost as good as Keith imo. I believe Quenneville even called him his best defenseman.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:42 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
He's more realistically on the B team, but I think he gets a tad bit overrated on here. I have nothing against him but the ONLY reason why he made it is cause of his chemistry with Keith and the fact they're the best d pairing in the NHL. Otherwise, no way he plays over Doughty, Green, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf, etc.
Yes, what a crazy reason to bring Seabrook. Who would want to bring the NHL's best defensive pairing to a short tournament that requires instant chemistry? Crazy Canadians.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
your just mad because boumy never made it haha

Old
01-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

He's better than any defenseman on the flames imo.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Scouter

vCash: 154
I guess you did not get the memo because Doughty made the team.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
How many threads are required until it becomes clear that no Calgary Flame Dman made the Canadian Olympic Team? Is it some sort of odd thought process that a relentless campaign of threads/posts on the internet will someone make Stevie Y and his team change their minds and put a Flame there to please you?

The team has been chosen. Either get behind it or cheer for another but an incredible tournament of hockey is just about six weeks away....try and enjoy it.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
finchster

Quote:
That is like saying Joe Thornton only made it because he is leading Canadian scorers in points this year

Old
01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
the ONLY reason why he made it is cause of his chemistry with Keith and the fact they're the best d pairing in the NHL. Otherwise, no way he plays over Doughty, Green, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf, etc.
lol. So your complaining that he made it to team Canada because he makes one half of what you call the best D pairing in the nhl? I love Keith, he is one of my fav D men, but it usually takes 2 good D men to make the best pairing to make the best D pair. I dont care if there are other individually better D men. If having Seabrook over the Flames D allows instant chemistry to make the best D pair in the league, let it be.

Old
01-03-2010, 12:56 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

simply put, he belongs there. get over it

Old
01-03-2010, 01:02 AM
BlackAces*

Well, I'm convinced.

Gotta like how he just casually throws the two Flames at the end of who he thinks should be on there.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

The only guy I'd consider putting in over the 7 chosen is Green because of the unique skillset he can bring to a team. Mid 80's Coffey lite so to speak. I personally would have found a way to get him on this team.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Scouter

What he really want's is to see his D pair of Bouw and Phaneuf make it. Buddy, put your massive homerism aside if you really want to win the gold, it doesn't reflect well on you or other Flames fans.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
NewFang

Neither is Niedermayer

Old
01-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
The only guy I'd consider putting in over the 7 chosen is Green because of the unique skillset he can bring to a team. Mid 80's Coffey lite so to speak. I personally would have found a way to get him on this team.
A big reason why Green did not make it is because they decided that they were not going to play a run and gun style, if they were Green would make it easily.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:20 AM
BlackAces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
A big reason why Green did not make it is because they decided that they were not going to play a run and gun style, if they were Green would make it easily.
Good cause, you know, we want to win. Don't care what the reason was, just glad he isn't on the team.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:20 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
That's a pretty a pretty strong point. He forms one half of the best defensive pair in the NHL.

You answered your own argument, that was easy.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:23 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Green did not make it because he was garbage in the playoffs and needed to prove more according to Yzerman.

*Yzerman did not say garbage he used more political words.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:28 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

No real reason for Green to be on the team. Every d-man makes up defensively for their lack of Mike Green offense. None of them play like Regehr or Mitchell either (their offense).

Old
01-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Mr Lahey*

Brent Seabrook is overshadowed because of Keith. But Keith wouldn't be as dominate if he didn't have Seabrook. Seabrook is the perfect #2 dman of the future - he isn't a big time star, but he is way above average offensively and shutdown on D.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Blue Liner

Did this really warrant it's own new thread?

Old
01-03-2010, 01:40 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lahey View Post
Brent Seabrook is overshadowed because of Keith. But Keith wouldn't be as dominate if he didn't have Seabrook. Seabrook is the perfect #2 dman of the future - he isn't a big time star, but he is way above average offensively and shutdown on D.

I know family of Jonathan Teows and trust me Seabrook is thought more of within the Black Hawks than Keith.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
But, he is though. Thats the thing. He beat out the bolded ones.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:47 AM
bigsick

I believe that they always knew that Doughty would take the 7th spot. It was between Jbo and Seabrook for the 6th and the gap between the 2 isnt enough to make up for the chemistry between one of the best pairs in the NHL. Yzerman said himself that bringing already established chemistry was a factor in making this team.

Old
01-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat986 View Post
I know family of Jonathan Teows and trust me Seabrook is thought more of within the Black Hawks than Keith.
How so and by whom in the organization, exactly?

Closed Thread