HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Breaking News: Swedish dressing room like a barracks

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Jim Morrison

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Then why are Swedish fans making it an issue?
Because if they're the only ones who gets those conditions, it is an issue? I said this before - if it's the same for every team then it's no problem, but if it's only for the Swedes it's fishy.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Because it still is weird that a huge hockey nation can't afford to have better dressing rooms.
They do have better dressing rooms...have you not read the thread?? The reason they were there is because there were too many teams wanting to use the facilities. Teams that were actually playing that day had priority on the dressing rooms...Sweden wasonly practicing, end of story. I can gurantee you today that Sweden will have a lovely dressing room. Does that make you feel better?

Old
01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
I can only imagine if the roles were reversed and the Canadians were made to dress in the same accommodations for a day.
Seriously? This tournament has been going on for over 30 years and Canada has never in that time gotten a crappy dressing room anywhere else in the world? It's just not an issue.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:18 AM
joe89

Nice try, but it won't work.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I wont lie. I didn't bother reading through this thread.

I've been down there. I've been covering this whole tournament.

There are six teams currently playing every day there, nevermind those practicing (though there is another offsite practice facility). How many dressing rooms do you think the CUC has?

They've brought portable units in so these teams can have a place to change. The Swiss are in one. Do you think it's bothered them?

Where is Canada changing? Saskatoon Blades dressing room. Is it fair? Absolutely. They're hosting the event after all.

I really cant believe this is a story at all.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
They do have better dressing rooms...have you not read the thread?? The reason they were there is because there were too many teams wanting to use the facilities. Teams that were actually playing that day had priority on the dressing rooms...Sweden wasonly practicing, end of story. I can gurantee you today that Sweden will have a lovely dressing room. Does that make you feel better?
No it doesn't make them feel better. I don't know any in person, but there is one thing i've learned about swedes on this site, and that is they absolutely LOVE to complain.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
I wont lie. I didn't bother reading through this thread.

I've been down there. I've been covering this whole tournament.

There are six teams currently playing every day there, nevermind those practicing (though there is another offsite practice facility). How many dressing rooms do you think the CUC has?

They've brought portable units in so these teams can have a place to change. The Swiss are in one. Do you think it's bothered them?

Where is Canada changing? Saskatoon Blades dressing room. Is it fair? Absolutely. They're hosting the event after all.

I really cant believe this is a story at all.
Has it bothered Sweden? No. They didn't complain. They even said that they'd change in the stands if they had to - and maybe if you'd read through the thread anyways you would've known that.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite09

The CUC has six dressing rooms. There were six teams playing yesterday. They got priority.

Frick. Some people here will make a story about nothing.

http://www.creditunioncentre.com/abo...technical-info

Sweden only had a practice. 6 teams were playing games. There are two "portable dressing rooms" as well. The report is about one of the two portable ones there. Today Sweden is in a normal dressing room.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
stug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
I can only imagine if the roles were reversed and the Canadians were made to dress in the same accommodations for a day.

You think the thread on the Oilers NYE dining was ridiculous? The ensuing thread would make that one look like a discussion on thermo-dynamics.
Best post of the thread and its funny because its true

Old
01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
If they have two, Sweden should get one of them since we're ranked #2, right?

If Sweden were hosting the WJC this would never ever happen, but if it did, I know that the Canadians would be pissed. But when it happens to us over and over again, it's simply "funny" to the Canadians.
I'm pretty sure this happens in every arena that hosts sports at a professional, or even Junior level. The home team gets the better dressing room.

In this case, if you had of taken the few seconds to read the thread, you would have known this dressing room was only there for the Swedes to PRACTICE out of yesterday, since there were games being PLAYED yesterday.

A game being PLAYED is more important than a game being PRACTICED.

If this was where the Swedes changed out of it every game, then it might be an issue, but they didn't. Feel free to set up Canada's accomodations like this in Sweden next time the WJC is there, it'll be fun, because it'll be sending those Canadian players back in time about three years to the way they're used to playing.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
FrankMTL

So the Swiss had to use one of those too??? Where's the article in the Swiss paper? Where are the Swiss posters crying foul and complaining how there's a conspiracy against them?!

Old
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Sounds like a normal dressing room to me, most dressing rooms have 2-3 toilets and 2-3 showers...and 1-2 sinks

Old
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
So the Swiss had to use one of those too??? Where's the article in the Swiss paper? Where are the Swiss posters crying foul and complaining how there's a conspiracy against them?!
Have you checked the Swiss papers?

01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Catches Bass View Post
Sounds like a normal dressing room to me, most dressing rooms have 2-3 toilets and 2-3 showers...and 1-2 sinks
Well, this barrack had no toilets and no showers. They had to go to a different barrack for the 1 toilet and 3 showers.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Have you read any Swiss papers?

Old
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Macman

I guess we'll know better next time and build a dressing room especially for the Swedes if the arena doesn't have enough. God knows they deserve it given their record over the years at this tournament.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
No it doesn't make them feel better. I don't know any in person, but there is one thing i've learned about swedes on this site, and that is they absolutely LOVE to complain.
Swedes complain about things that happen around the national team while Canadians complain about things happening to their club team. Logic because Swedes care more about the national team and North Americans care more about winning the Stanley Cup. If you don't believe me visit the "National Hockey League" board, you will have a lot of fun!

Old
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Have you read any Swiss papers?
No but i'm sure they're too busy discussing important things like how they beat Russia 3-2 in a historical win for them.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
No but i'm sure they're too busy discussing important things like how they beat Russia 3-2 in a historical win for them.
Oh, you're sure... Hey guys, Frank here is sure, let's just take his word for it.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Oh, you're sure... Hey guys, Frank here is sure, let's just take his word for it.
Shall we take yours Jim?

Old
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post
Shall we take yours Jim?
My word for what?

Old
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
Then why say anything at all to begin with if it isen't an issue? The Swedish team might not be making an excuse in advance, but the newspaper certainly is.
It wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't deliberate.
And besides, I wouldn't care eather if it wasn't for all the canadians here saying it's just conspiracy theories spouted by soore looser making excuses for themselfs next time they loose.
It's all the arrogance that makes this an issue.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Gozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post
Shall we take yours Jim?
He wasn't the one claiming something...

Old
01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Has it bothered Sweden? No. They didn't complain. They even said that they'd change in the stands if they had to - and maybe if you'd read through the thread anyways you would've known that.
There aren't any other newspapers running a story about dressing rooms. Sensationalist to say the least.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Canada not only needs the home advantage but tries every possible way to try to win a tournament unfairly. Quite hilarious, so much for the powerhouse.

Closed Thread