HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will the Thrashers line up look like in the post Kovy Era?

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
The Kings MIGHT be willing to deal Jonathan Bernier for Kovalchuk but that is probably only a possibility if they can talk contract with him before a deal is made because Bernier is still a very valuable piece for the Kings. Bernier is NHL ready and he is pretty much dominating the AHL right now down in Manchester. I'm obviously not talking about ONLY Bernier but Bernier on top of some other pieces.
we already have two supposed franchise goalies and so far one has gone from playing great to getting pulled in two straight starts and one has not played since april. if we go after goaltending in a trade it will be for someone proven at the nhl level, not some who's "nhl ready" and tearing it up in the minors. you know who was tearing it up in the minors last year? steve freakin macintyre

Old
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

I don’t believe anyone really knows what’s going on with the negotiations at this point. Anything coming out about trades and such are pretty much from unreliable sources not involved with the situation.

We’ll see, because it’s all speculation at this point. I still feel he’s going to sign, but then again it seems to be affecting the teams play as of late and that’s what concerns me more than anything.

Waddell tried his best to fulfill Kovy’s demands over the summer. It would be pretty crappy for him to walk after Waddell at least tried to do what was asked of him by Kovy.

Last edited by atleternal: 01-04-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old
01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
I don’t believe anyone really knows what’s going on with the negotiations at this point. Anything coming out about trades and such are pretty much from unreliable sources not involved with the situation.

We’ll see, because it’s all speculation at this point. I still feel he’s going to sign, but then again it seems to be affecting the teams play as of late and that’s what concerns me more than anything.

Waddell tried his best to fulfill Kovy’s demands over the summer. It would be pretty crappy for him to walk after Waddell at least tried to do what was asked of him by Kovy.
Please begin full panic. Holding out rational ideas is just unacceptable on this subject.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Please begin full panic. Holding out rational ideas is just unacceptable on this subject.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:52 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Old
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

We all know Kovy's D is pretty bad, but this video showing Stall's goal last night (from Falconer's blog) is VERY telling. There is no doubt he has cashed it in. Don't teams go over video in meetings ever?

http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com...million-a-year

Old
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
AintLifeGrand

1 year down the road: Assuming we trade Kovy, retain most of our current lineup and promote some prospects to the big show, obv i can't account for FA signings but imaging a trade with LAK

To ATL: Kovy
to LAK: Teubert, Moller, Johnson, Frolov

Frolov-Antropov-Max
Kane-Raptor-Little
Machachek-Reasoner-Moller
Boults-Slater-who carez

Bogo-Enstrom
Johnson-Hainsey
Teubert-Salmela
Valabik

not alot of experience but a fair amount of talent

With that said, the Thrashers biggest need is a center with top line potential, once we get that sorted out, we will be on the right track during our extended rebuild.

Old
01-11-2010, 01:29 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Heres how i see it. If we go back on a losing streak the season is over unless JA goes.

That being said we should trade Kovy to Boston and try to get TOR 1st... we will be a bad team after Kovy gets traded anyhow especially if Anderson is still here when Kovy goes... which means we will have our own lottery pick...

If we can manage to get two lottery picks we will be looking good. Nino Niederreiter + Someone else. Maybe even Hall.

Old
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
AintLifeGrand

if we get the Toronto 1st and a lottery pick in the top 10, i say we should first draft the best center available (hopefully its Seguin, but prob not). If were picking around 5th thru 8th with the Toronto 1st we need to go for Tarasenko or Granlund. Maybe even try to trade Pavalec to a worse team to get a shot a Seguin or Fowler.

With our pick which could be anywhere from a lottery pick to 10-16th overall, I suggest we go after Neidereiter or Emerson Etem.

Old
01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Count on Bogosian being named team captain once Kovalchuk departs.

Old
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

To be honest, I'm so over the "rebuild" of the Thrashers, that I'm really not interested in picks or prospects. They can sweeten a deal, but I'll be happy with a top 6 and a top 4 and lets put this behind us and hopefully stay in the playoff hunt.

Old
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
To be honest, I'm so over the "rebuild" of the Thrashers, that I'm really not interested in picks or prospects.
Doesn't the franchise need to be "built" first before it can be rebuilt?

Old
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Ashe

It is built. The only 'problem' is the terrible goaltending and defense we've been getting.

We have a legit top 3 defense (Enstrom/Kubina/Bogo)
And a legit bottom 3 (Or 5) in Hainsey, Valabik, Schubert, Salmella, Oysterik.

We have scoring punch (Kovy, Afi, Peverly, Little) (Yes little isnt getting the breaks)
We have playmakers (pev, Antropov)
We have argueably the best 3rd line center/faceoff man in the league (reasoner).
We have guys who give it their all every night (Reasoner, Slater, Kane)
We have a 4th line who can chip in with the odd point and keep pressure up *even though i dislike both of them* (Thorburn and Boulton)

We are a good team. We just arent showing it.

Old
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerd_trandle View Post
Doesn't the franchise need to be "built" first before it can be rebuilt?
With all the young guys in place (Little, Bogo, Kaner, Enstrom) and others (Peverley, Antropov, Reasoner), one can argue that it is...We just need the chemistry and leadership

Old
01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
IMO, this is because the Kovy talks (or at least a big part of it).

Old
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
I disagree with you on this. I think what we are seeing now is a more accurate representation of this team than what we saw early in the year.

Many of the teams early wins came on come-from-behind efforts: the team would fall behind by multiple goals and then force a furious pace in the third period and overtime. While that may have worked the first quarter or third of the season, it isn't working now. Every other team is now in mid season form and just aren't having the defensive lapses and collapses that happen to teams early in the season.

The Thrashers, on the other hand, still haven't learned to play defense. Is it the players? Is it the coaching style? Is it both? I don't think Anderson's all-offense system is going to create any defensive identity, but I don't see the wingers working in their own zone either.

Old
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Ashe

Kovys line is single-handedly to blame for half the goals. HIs lackluster defence isnt noticeable when he is scoring. Either is it when we have goaltending.

How isnt our team a good team? Do you look at our roster? There is 7-8 names that jump out at me. We are 4th i believe in goal scoring. Not bad at all is it? The true colors showed early where the heart was with the team. Coming from behind, out playing teams because we knew we had to win and to get kovy signed. Now we have no idea whats going on. It happened with Hossa before. Its going on with Kovy.

Old
01-12-2010, 08:16 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Kovys line is single-handedly to blame for half the goals. HIs lackluster defence isnt noticeable when he is scoring. Either is it when we have goaltending.
How does that explain Little's -9, Kozlov's -15, or White's -16? You can look at the stats yourself, or just watch the games, to see that Kovalchuk isn't the only person not playing defense.

Quote:
How isnt our team a good team? Do you look at our roster? There is 7-8 names that jump out at me. We are 4th i believe in goal scoring. Not bad at all is it? The true colors showed early where the heart was with the team. Coming from behind, out playing teams because we knew we had to win and to get kovy signed. Now we have no idea whats going on. It happened with Hossa before. Its going on with Kovy.
There are some good individuals on this team, but this isn't a very good team. While the team is 6th in goal scoring the team is 28th in goals against. They score 3.02 per game but give up 3.32. That's not a formula for success no matter how you spin it.

This team can't hope to win track meets all season long. Look at the record over the last 11 games to see how well that's been working out. This team needs to learn some defense to stop giving up so many shots, chances, and goals against. I don't think they have the make-up for that. It's certainly not the coach's style.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Ashe

Did we not just go over our lackluster goaltending that has caused the meltdown in goals against, and the bag of Kovy?

White has also been terrible, Kozlov has been playing with white, causing terrible. And Little keeps getting put back there in hopes of sparking the line from last year.

Say what you will about our team. We had a great start, and should of been able to at least manage 500. hockey the rest of the way but didnt. Why? The reasons have been said.

Old
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

When we lose Anderson we will be a good team.

If you think the pieces are in place your kidding yourself. Enstrom, Bogosian, and Kane and that's it. Lol why would you consider Reasoner a piece LOL.

We need to re-build. Again. We better find a way to get Hall or El Nino in this draft.

I like the idea of Bogosian being named captian.

Old
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Did we not just go over our lackluster goaltending that has caused the meltdown in goals against, and the bag of Kovy?

White has also been terrible, Kozlov has been playing with white, causing terrible. And Little keeps getting put back there in hopes of sparking the line from last year.

Say what you will about our team. We had a great start, and should of been able to at least manage 500. hockey the rest of the way but didnt. Why? The reasons have been said.
They sure have: lackluster goaltending, horrible defense, and a collapse in special teams play. I think you are overestimating how good the team was when they were winning.

Old
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Ashe

Goaltending in the first 1/3 of the half? Stellar.
Defence? Stellar again.

the 2/3 half of everything was kind of what the team is capable of just over 500 record.

this last 3/3 has been abysmal. So no. I dont think i am over estimating the team

ASF : Dont forget your boy 90 point peverely, oh no salmela scratched.

Old
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Goaltending in the first 1/3 of the half? Stellar.
Defence? Stellar again.
How can you possibly say that the defense the first 3rd of the season was stellar? The team was consistently outshot and outchanced. Goaltending bailed out the team and the offense was hot.

Now that the goaltenders are no longer playing above their heads and the offense has cooled down a bit, we're seeing the real Thrashers.

Old
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i want kari back

Old
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Ashe

But the shots werent scoring chances. Unlike how they are getting beat lately. They were involved in the offense where as now they seem lost.

Closed Thread